Page 1 of 34
... LastLast

Fix my DK DPS v2

Let's use this instead of making new threads every day.
    The general point of this thread will obviously be to help other people improve their death knight dps, beginner and advanced players.

Blood tank questions will not belong in this thread, but here:

How to post for help?
    Use the post template below and be as specific as you can, you'll get much better feedback that way.

HTML Code:
    [B]Armory[/B]:
    [B]Spec[/B]:
    [B]World of Logs[/B]:
    [B]Question (BE VERY SPECIFIC)[/B]:

Who to help?
    • Quote the user you wish to help.
    • Flame or trolling such as "L2P issue" will not be tolerated at all.
    • Make your post as clear as you can.

Try to keep the thread as clean as possible, any new thread regarding DPS help will be merged with this one and original thread closed.

All fresh and shiny new thread since there was something wonky with the old one (forum software issues)
    Old one is still available here: Link
    Last edited by Nyanmaru; 2015-02-08 at 04:02 PM.

got some advice.
    Last edited by zxvo; 2015-03-17 at 06:13 PM.

Deleted
    Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ortlake/simple
    Spec: Unholy
    World of Logs:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...-done&source=6

Question (BE VERY SPECIFIC): I like playing unholy, both defile and necroplague. However I feel like I just should be doing more damage with this gear (No scabbard tho which is still pretty big dps increase for pot+soul reaper+gargoyle?) What am I doing wrong? Not using plague leech enough? I appreciate all advice's that help me improve my performance.

Armory: us battle net/wow/en/character/veknilash/Kurgun/simple
    Spec: 2H Frost
    World of Logs: www warcraftlogs com/rankings/character/6089252/6/#boss=0

First off I'd like to apologize for the funky links but I don't have enough post as of yet to put links in. I took out the dots in order to post the links. Would appreciate any help on areas to improve my dps. I'm at ilvl 668 and feel like I should be pulling upwards of 26k+ but I am struggling to break past 22-23k. Today I changed from runic empowerment to runic corruption and initial test on the target dummy showed an increase. Is there something I am missing? Should I be enchanting multistrike instead of haste still? Icyveins showed haste being better but I'm just not sure anymore.

Deleted
    ghostrider42: you used defile every time it was up, but for example at butcher and kargath, it missed many ticks. You should see the boss won't move when you cast it (after/early enough bounding cleave berserker's rush. Also I don't see you using outbreak, why? You waste 2 runes occasionally on applying dots. Plague leech combined with outbreak gives you more Obliterates and blood tap is a significant increase to your dps compared to other talents. I don't see you using potion+pillar of frost either, massive upgrade (but I guess you use pillar of frost and I'm just bad with logs). Also, a swing timer (can be found for weak auras from skulllfower's guide) helps you to hit every single KM on obliterate, no more frost strike KM's.

Any help would be greatly appreciated with my dk.

I don't have any logs, so please look at my gear and make recommendations based on that if you can.

I currently do not wait for much. Should I hold for oblit KM if the cooldown is longer than 'x' seconds?

My armory is my DK in my sig

Please fix my DW Frost dps

Armory:us battle net/wow/en/character/lightbringer/Snoogaboo/advanced
    Spec: DW Frost
    Warcraft Logs: www warcraftlogs com/reports/K8MTnmay2FvpfgGt
    Question: I have been trying to follow the advice of several sites (including son of a lich) but my dps is still far lower than it should be. I know I should be popping army before the pull but other than that, I think my rotation is solid (apply diseases, HB with rime, using obliterate with killing spree proc and to build runic power and then using frost strike to dump...using blood tap to get in more obliterates, pillar and defile on cooldown). Any feedback is appreciated. It's getting to the point where I feel like I don't deserve my raid spot and I want to fix it!

Deleted
    Sumatran: Use plague leech and not unholy blight. Runic empowerment is the worst talent out of those 3 in tier 4, blood tap is optimal but runic corruption is easier to use. About this I am not absolutely sure but I think you should gem/enchant haste instead of multistrike. Frost 2h uses the "pooling" play style, according to Skullflower. Means you don't use all your runes, but use 1 obliterate and save 2 runes to use it immediately again when KM procs, this way you should never have a moment when KM procs and Obliterate isn't ready and since 2 same runes cant recharge at the same time, you lose no dps. Last but not least, outbreak glyph is dps loss.

- - - Updated - - -

Snoogaboo: DW frost uses Killing machine procs on Frost strike, not obliterate. Use plague leech when outbreak is ready and at pull apply . Time your pillar of frost with the legendary ring proc and use much more soul reaper. You should start using it when boss has 36%-37% hp but your logs show it was used only 5 times. Don't use death strike, icy touch or remorseless winter, for some reason you have used them all at Butcher (Death strike is ok if you are really gonna die without using it at cleave damage/dot, but it's a dps loss). Last but not least, frost DW is THE worst single target dps spec for us, but it is good in cleave. However if you like playing it, then just keep playing. More important is that you play what you like and not what is needed (at normal/heroic raiding levels).

Please help me with Necroblight AoE

Okay so i've read Skullflowers guide, got the WA string, and practiced on end. I have it perfected on Single Target, but do not understand how to AoE with it. Let me explain:

Lets say on Tectus - there are 5 mobs alive. I UB + PL to get 15 stacks on one mob quickly (which subsequently gets all mobs to 15). However, as I am focusing one mob and extending out NP with FeS, it doesn't extend the duration of the other mobs - which is fine because if it drops I know it will reapply at 15. Where I am falling apart, is what happens when the add that I am focusing on dies? NP might have ~7-10 secs on the other mobs, and UB still has around 30 secs on recharge.

So I don't understand how I am meant to keep NP @ 15, in line with UB cd, on multiple targets. Thanks.

Armory: us.battle.net/wow/en/character/arthas/Isolatez/simple
    Spec: Unholy
    World of Logs: warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/1047922/latest
    Question (BE VERY SPECIFIC): I just recently switched to Unholy due to the buffs and have been trying to follow the priority guides, but my dps seems to still be extremely sub par. I'm not sure what I am doing wrong and would love some input!

** I think most of my problems come on AoE fights. I'm still very unsure how to play fights with multiple targets.
    Last edited by Isolatez; 2015-02-11 at 05:28 AM.

Deleted
    Isolatez: Can't say much advice to you but use necrotic plague on beastlord and breath/necrotic plague on Hans'gar and Franzok. At Kromog, keep plague at 15 stacks, go to a rune in the 1st or 2nd row (from the boss) and spam blood boil. Your 15 stack plague spreads to the rune hands now and when your grasping hand is dead, run to farther hands and spread it to them with blood boil. Just make sure you got 15 stacks up on Kromog until UB is up again with few festering strikes. Try to use festering strike on death runes as little as possible (like 3 times with death until UB is up each time I think).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cortic View Post
    So I don't understand how I am meant to keep NP @ 15, in line with UB cd, on multiple targets. Thanks.
    Blood boil is what spreads stacks and duration of NP

Quote Originally Posted by Foolsname View Post
    Sumatran: Use plague leech and not unholy blight. Runic empowerment is the worst talent out of those 3 in tier 4, blood tap is optimal but runic corruption is easier to use. About this I am not absolutely sure but I think you should gem/enchant haste instead of multistrike. Frost 2h uses the "pooling" play style, according to Skullflower. Means you don't use all your runes, but use 1 obliterate and save 2 runes to use it immediately again when KM procs, this way you should never have a moment when KM procs and Obliterate isn't ready and since 2 same runes cant recharge at the same time, you lose no dps. Last but not least, outbreak glyph is dps loss.
    Thank you very much!. Question about haste though, I am at 50% self buffed already, how much haste should I shoot for? Is there an internal cooldown on multistrike?

Deleted
    Exact quote from Skullflower's guide : "The value of Haste is dependent on the amount of Multistrike that you have. When Haste is approximately 170% the value of Multistrike, the value of Haste becomes equal. " So it depends on how much you have haste compared to multistrike.

us.battle.net/wow/en/character/aerie-peak/Auggren/advanced
    dw frost
    warcraftlogs.com/reports/xqwnzMkJaQrRVvAB#fight=35
    warcraftlogs.com/reports/Kq9HaNrkhxmLZvpy
    I am mostly a tank but now I am dpsing but my numbers seem low to me. The Gruul attempts especially were messy. Can you guys please help me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by auggren View Post
    us.battle.net/wow/en/character/aerie-peak/Auggren/advanced
    dw frost
    warcraftlogs.com/reports/xqwnzMkJaQrRVvAB#fight=35
    warcraftlogs.com/reports/Kq9HaNrkhxmLZvpy
    I am mostly a tank but now I am dpsing but my numbers seem low to me. The Gruul attempts especially were messy. Can you guys please help me.
    Your armory is showing PvP gear, is that what you were wearing in these pulls?

Necrotic Plague is worse than Plague Leech/Defile on Single target.. especially for DW Frost.

I'm also baffled as to why you're using Glyph of Absorb Magic. You want to be able to soak RP from AMS for extra Frost Strikes.
    Last edited by mmoc9bef67a441; 2015-02-13 at 09:38 PM.

Deleted
    Really unsure if it's a stat balance issue on my gear (poor trinkets, low str and multi) but been very unimpressed with my numbers recently despite not being able to spot what exactly is going wrrong
    Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...6858713/latest
    Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...e/Jsy/advanced

Any help appreciated. Also if anyone wants to chat DK feel free to add me - Jsy#2325
    Last edited by mmocdcf35f9647; 2015-02-14 at 02:44 AM.

Deleted
    Sykez: Consider timing Scabbard with your second trinket/gargoyle, even if it means you won't get third. I won't say it's definitely an upgrade to dps but you could try it out. Also don't use plague leech at start (-10 seconds in ). Your multistrike may very well be an issue here, you really are behind on Necrosis damage compared to your other DK in raid. At Kromog and Beastlord, consider spreading necrotic plague from bosses to spears/rune hands (at 15 stacks).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Foolsname View Post
    Sykez: Consider timing Scabbard with your second trinket/gargoyle, even if it means you won't get third. I won't say it's definitely an upgrade to dps but you could try it out. Also don't use plague leech at start (-10 seconds in ). Your multistrike may very well be an issue here, you really are behind on Necrosis damage compared to your other DK in raid. At Kromog and Beastlord, consider spreading necrotic plague from bosses to spears/rune hands (at 15 stacks).
    Thanks man, will work on timing PL and trinkets better and positioning myself on those fights better to get good spreads.
    But I do agree that my MS/trinkets could be the issue and hopefully get that resolved soon!

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Sykez View Post
    Really unsure if it's a stat balance issue on my gear (poor trinkets, low str and multi) but been very unimpressed with my numbers recently despite not being able to spot what exactly is going wrrong
    Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...6858713/latest
    Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...e/Jsy/advanced

Any help appreciated. Also if anyone wants to chat DK feel free to add me - Jsy#2325
    Do you have your ghoul's claw, gnaw, and leap set to auto cast? All I see from it is that he does melee attacks, but you never see any damage from Claw or Gnaw, which you can see on the other DK's logs. Won't make up a huge crazy number for you, but it is missing out on a fair chunk of damage from it.