Page 15 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bathrezz View Post
    What about for blood? Because I get rekt quick as unholy but i outlived as blood
    Blood's a tank spec, you shouldn't be dpsing with it :P

- - - Updated - - -

@Bathrezz At your gear level, Unless you know how to manage Breath of Sindragosa you'd be better off just using defile or going Frost.

Hey all I was wondering if someone can go over my Heroic Arch log and give some feedback to help with DPS. Yes I was #3 out of everyone but my parse is only 59%. I know my gear, gems and enchants are not the issue. For the kill I used Heroic Unending Hunger and H Heroic Discordant Chorus for trinkets. I just got the Heroic class trinket after this kill, so it wasn't available to use. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks!

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...5&type=summary
    Last edited by Skullknight; 2015-10-15 at 04:21 AM.

My guild is currently progressing on H Archi, and I leave the country in two weeks so really want this kill. I was wondering if someone could have a look over my logs for Archi. I've been parsing pretty abysmally in HFC (but alright on weighted damage) I know I could be doing more, but I don't know where to start.

warcraftlogs.com/reports/1Zy92GKMFTmfBzwg#fight=9&type=damage-done&source=5

Hello.

I represent a semi-hardcore russian guild. I am eager to understand, what's wrong with a couple of my players.

I got a problem with DK Виель.

Here is armory: eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/%D0%BF%D0%B8%D1%80%D0%B0%D1%82%D1%81%D0%BA%D0%B0%D1%8F-%D0%B1%D1%83%D1%85%D1%82%D0%B0/%D0%92%D0%B8%D0%B5%D0%BB%D1%8C/advanced

Here are the logs: warcraftlogs.com/reports/yraHVX641fGmhWtz (Vehlari), warcraftlogs.com/reports/yraHVX641fGmhWtz#fight=7 (Archimonde), warcraftlogs.com/reports/yraHVX641fGmhWtz#fight=14 (Socrethar). Here is one more log from Gorefiend - warcraftlogs.com/reports/vkajgYXJBDVCzNpt#fight=30&type=summary

What about expectations? I believe, he can make much more dps, I usually pay attention to rankings among the same ilvl. Of course, I take into account such facts as: set bonus, trinckets, e.t.c.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaaradeath View Post
    Hello.

I represent a semi-hardcore russian guild. I am eager to understand, what's wrong with a couple of my players.

I got a problem with DK Виель.

Here is armory: eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/%D0%BF%D0%B8%D1%80%D0%B0%D1%82%D1%81%D0%BA%D0%B0%D1%8F-%D0%B1%D1%83%D1%85%D1%82%D0%B0/%D0%92%D0%B8%D0%B5%D0%BB%D1%8C/advanced

Here are the logs: warcraftlogs.com/reports/yraHVX641fGmhWtz (Vehlari), warcraftlogs.com/reports/yraHVX641fGmhWtz#fight=7 (Archimonde), warcraftlogs.com/reports/yraHVX641fGmhWtz#fight=14 (Socrethar). Here is one more log from Gorefiend - warcraftlogs.com/reports/vkajgYXJBDVCzNpt#fight=30&type=summary

What about expectations? I believe, he can make much more dps, I usually pay attention to rankings among the same ilvl. Of course, I take into account such facts as: set bonus, trinckets, e.t.c.
    A couple of things, he's lacking 4 set - which is quite significant and he looks like he has fairly bad trinkets for Unholy, not to mention he doesn't have a legendary ring.

All of these things will result in quite poor damage, and it's not entirely his fault.

For Gorefiend, he looks like he's wearing a Pvp Versatility on use trinket which is nowhere near ideal. Also holding off his cooldowns until the Feast begins could bump him up a bit more.

If he's still struggling see if he'd play Dual Wield Frost as it's a little more friendly to lower levels of gear because Unholy relies a lot on your trinkets and the legendary ring to pull ahead of frost.

13/13M Jubei'thos - Oceanic 8th - US 53rd

Quote Originally Posted by Skullknight View Post
    Hey all I was wondering if someone can go over my Heroic Arch log and give some feedback to help with DPS. Yes I was #2 out of everyone but my parse is only 59%. I know my gear, gems and enchants are not the issue. For the kill I used H:Unending Hunger and Hiscordant Chorus for trinkets. I just got the Heroic class trinket after this kill, so it wasn't available to use. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks!

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...5&type=summary
    Your group seemed to miss quite a few ring usages. This will hurt your dps DRASTICALLY.

Above average soul reaper usage on the adds/doomfire. 1-2 missed the bonus damage so try to predict the health a bit bitter, but still good.

Didn't cast UB towards the end of the fight. Could have just been extending your NP with fester but it would have been better to re-apply it to get the extra SS those runes cost you.

You had a 95% uptime on NP, pretty good but try to get closer to 99% if you can, obviously getting banished makes this harder.

Could have probably gotten a bit higher damage on the internals.

Your UeH didn't like you that fight and you got rather shitty procs. One thing you can do to maximize it is to glyph tranquil grip and resilient grip and spam DG while the trinket is building up stacks. It's off the GCD so you can still spam your other abilities at the same time and you will get your trinket stacked way faster.

Your just kinda in a awkward spot where you don't have enough gear to kill the boss super quickly and you don't have enough gear to just aoe the dogs all day.

Deleted
    Hello ma friends,

Im wondering why in dw guide says we should use only FS on KM proc, and ONLY if rp is over 88. This is really confusing for people who just started playing and mastering their DK.

My question here is: What should we do if we have for example all frost,uh,death runes on cooldown and no blood tap for use ? So untill next HB is 4 sec, our runic power is (lets say around 50), should we use all rp on FS untill hb - obli come back from cooldown ? Im doing always like this : Spamming HB if no KM proc, if KM proc I hit fs and keep spamming hb till its on cooldown, while hb is on cd im using all runic power on FS. So it means i never ''save'' runic if my runes are on cooldown. Is this rotation okey peeps ? I also prioritize obli over hb if 2UH runes are up, and never capping rp.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by versace2861 View Post
    Hello ma friends,

Im wondering why in dw guide says we should use only FS on KM proc, and ONLY if rp is over 88. This is really confusing for people who just started playing and mastering their DK.

My question here is: What should we do if we have for example all frost,uh,death runes on cooldown and no blood tap for use ? So untill next HB is 4 sec, our runic power is (lets say around 50), should we use all rp on FS untill hb - obli come back from cooldown ? Im doing always like this : Spamming HB if no KM proc, if KM proc I hit fs and keep spamming hb till its on cooldown, while hb is on cd im using all runic power on FS. So it means i never ''save'' runic if my runes are on cooldown. Is this rotation okey peeps ? I also prioritize obli over hb if 2UH runes are up, and never capping rp.
    You want to be "pooling" your RP without capping it, so when KM procs you will always have enough RP for your FS just like you explained in your question. What guide did you read? They probably meant that you want to cast FS if you have more then 88 RP because otherwise you would be capped and loose out valuable RP.

Quote Originally Posted by LenytheMage View Post
    Your group seemed to miss quite a few ring usages. This will hurt your dps DRASTICALLY.

Above average soul reaper usage on the adds/doomfire. 1-2 missed the bonus damage so try to predict the health a bit bitter, but still good.

Didn't cast UB towards the end of the fight. Could have just been extending your NP with fester but it would have been better to re-apply it to get the extra SS those runes cost you.

You had a 95% uptime on NP, pretty good but try to get closer to 99% if you can, obviously getting banished makes this harder.

Could have probably gotten a bit higher damage on the internals.

Your UeH didn't like you that fight and you got rather shitty procs. One thing you can do to maximize it is to glyph tranquil grip and resilient grip and spam DG while the trinket is building up stacks. It's off the GCD so you can still spam your other abilities at the same time and you will get your trinket stacked way faste.
    Thanks for the reply! Yeah I'm not in control of ring usage and they wont let anyone else use it. It's an Openraid group that I've been running with every week. I might bring it up. Wish they would let me lol.

Yeah I think I extend the disease too much and my UB just sits there. Thought this would make better DPS but now that I'm looking at some top guilds logs, they have more SS and I'm a tad low I think.

I was in 2 portals and didn't get much time to DPS or even see Infernals before he tipped over.

What in the world does DG stand for, how does it make UeH stack quicker and what does it have to do with the glyphs?

Your just kinda in a awkward spot where you don't have enough gear to kill the boss super quickly and you don't have enough gear to just aoe the dogs all day.
    So would I be better off playing DW Frost till I get more gear? I don't think I can get better gear than what I have unless I do Mythic's. I'm in all Heroic/Heroic Warforge gear. This just sucks and is frustrating cause I do like Unholy.

Quote Originally Posted by Skullknight View Post
    What in the world does DG stand for, how does it make UeH stack quicker and what does it have to do with the glyphs?
    DG stand for death grip, with both glyphs DG won't taunt and will reset if the target is immune(aka cant be gripped aka any boss) and if you spam DG while the proc is stacking it will add 1 stack

Quote Originally Posted by Lunatari View Post
    A couple of things, he's lacking 4 set - which is quite significant and he looks like he has fairly bad trinkets for Unholy, not to mention he doesn't have a legendary ring.

All of these things will result in quite poor damage, and it's not entirely his fault.

For Gorefiend, he looks like he's wearing a Pvp Versatility on use trinket which is nowhere near ideal. Also holding off his cooldowns until the Feast begins could bump him up a bit more.

If he's still struggling see if he'd play Dual Wield Frost as it's a little more friendly to lower levels of gear because Unholy relies a lot on your trinkets and the legendary ring to pull ahead of frost.
    thank you very much. So, it's mostly about ilvl, than about spell usage?

But I want to understand: yesterday he received his last item for second set bonus. There are two logs (one from Zakuun and another from Vehlari). The first log was without last setbonus, the second is with it. And judging by "weighted damage" there is a huge difference. Can I rely on such a position: everything is going to be better with Виэль 'cause of new gear?
    warcraftlogs.com/reports/Q9xFMvZHNtaDf7Vb#fight=12&view=rankings - Zakuun
    warcraftlogs.com/reports/Q9xFMvZHNtaDf7Vb#fight=29&view=rankings - Vehlari

Quote Originally Posted by Zaaradeath View Post
    thank you very much. So, it's mostly about ilvl, than about spell usage?

But I want to understand: yesterday he received his last item for second set bonus. There are two logs (one from Zakuun and another from Vehlari). The first log was without last setbonus, the second is with it. And judging by "weighted damage" there is a huge difference. Can I rely on such a position: everything is going to be better with Виэль 'cause of new gear?
    warcraftlogs.com/reports/Q9xFMvZHNtaDf7Vb#fight=12&view=rankings - Zakuun
    warcraftlogs.com/reports/Q9xFMvZHNtaDf7Vb#fight=29&view=rankings - Vehlari
    The item level is a big deal, but getting those upgrades won't suddenly make him a god by any means.

On Zakuun his Soul Reaper usage just stopped after about 2.30 - gotta keep that going for huge damage.

I'm also not sure how much uptime he has on his empowered ghoul, but that's very important to maintain.

13/13M Jubei'thos - Oceanic 8th - US 53rd

Being completely new to dealing damage in general; how accurate is Simulationcraft? I noticed my DPS barely breaks 20k as a Blood DK soloing high HP rares, and according to Simulationcraft I am doing slightly better than I should be.

As a follow up question, the simulations use Icy Touch and Plague Strike a lot, rather than Outbreak to apply dots. Is this the correct way of doing it? I always reapply dots after Plague Leech with Outbreak with the glyph.

Quote Originally Posted by Jieun View Post
    Being completely new to dealing damage in general; how accurate is Simulationcraft? I noticed my DPS barely breaks 20k as a Blood DK soloing high HP rares, and according to Simulationcraft I am doing slightly better than I should be.

As a follow up question, the simulations use Icy Touch and Plague Strike a lot, rather than Outbreak to apply dots. Is this the correct way of doing it? I always reapply dots after Plague Leech with Outbreak with the glyph.
    Sims are really more for a "raid environment" and with rares that die in a minute or so you may not get a long enough fight length for simcraft to be much use to you unless you reduce the time on it (I think the default is 5 minutes). Simcraft can sometimes be derpy and I wouldn't really use them as a good metric for tank dps.

If you read Troxism's guide and are doing what it tells/suggests you to do, you will be fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lichnemesis
    Unholy
    Gorefiend 10/7
    Gorefiend 10/16
    Gorefiend 10/23

So this is not me, but one of my raiders. I play unholy as an alt's offspec, and I feel like I have a decent knowledge of the broad strokes of the spec. There are many more logs I could have grabbed but wanted to give 3 of the same boss over 3 consecutive weeks. So just from my somewhat amateurish view on the spec I notice him using Soul Reaper on targets where he is not getting the bonus damage on. I've mentioned this to him in the past when I've seen the debuff up on targets above the execute range, to which I've gotten "oh I just fat fingered it" but digging through these logs more it looks like he's using it much more often that just fat fingering. He takes Plague Leech, but hit disease uptime is pretty bad most of the time. And I'm not quite sure what a good uptime on hulked out timmy is. Anything else glaringly obvious from your guy's more experienced eyes I can pass along?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuupag View Post
    Lichnemesis
    Unholy
    Gorefiend 10/7
    Gorefiend 10/16
    Gorefiend 10/23

So this is not me, but one of my raiders. I play unholy as an alt's offspec, and I feel like I have a decent knowledge of the broad strokes of the spec. There are many more logs I could have grabbed but wanted to give 3 of the same boss over 3 consecutive weeks. So just from my somewhat amateurish view on the spec I notice him using Soul Reaper on targets where he is not getting the bonus damage on. I've mentioned this to him in the past when I've seen the debuff up on targets above the execute range, to which I've gotten "oh I just fat fingered it" but digging through these logs more it looks like he's using it much more often that just fat fingering. He takes Plague Leech, but hit disease uptime is pretty bad most of the time. And I'm not quite sure what a good uptime on hulked out timmy is. Anything else glaringly obvious from your guy's more experienced eyes I can pass along?

I'm no master at log reading but I did notice a few things fairly quickly -

He's using Reaper's Harvest (Class Trinket) with Defile. This isn't optimal. Reaper's is only optimal with Necrotic Plague and depends on a lot of factors like how long adds live in your raid etc. Does he have access to any other trinkets? Even Rumbling Pebble (Kormrok) or Discordant Chorus (Fel Lord Zakuun) would be better than Reaper's Harvest in this case.

His Scourge Strike usage is EXTREMELY LOW. Scourge Strike is basically Unholy's filler and should be used on Unholy and Death Runes. On the 10/7 log he used 21 Scourge Strikes in 8 minutes 29 seconds. He could probably of done 3x that.

He should only be using Soul Reaper on targets are below 45% or will be below 45% by the time the Soul Reaper debuff expires. If he uses it and doesn't get the bonus damage then he's wasting runes, The haste buff is nice but it's not a thing to worry about, Those runes could be used for a Scourge Strike in that case.

He's not casting Defile enough, Defile can be used every 30 seconds and on Gorefiend he will get hit with full ticks as he does not move. If he's adamant on using Defile he should use it on cooldown pretty much.

His Blood Plague uptime is a bit low. Even with Plague Leeching 90%+ uptime should be achievable.

Crazed Monstrosity uptime could be a little higher.
    Last edited by mmoc9bef67a441; 2015-10-24 at 06:01 PM.

Antenora covers most of it but there are a few other things to look at/how extreme some things are going wrong.

He is loseing about half of his defile casts. But I also want to point out that defile is the WORST of the level 100 talents, with both Necrotic Plague and Breath of Sindragosa beating it out.

This was touched on before but it should be re-stated. The class trinket it 100% useless with defile and on single target fights. It will preform below even a baleful or 630 trinket most of the time in these situations.

Hulked up timmy should be closer to 70ish vs the 50ish he is getting.

I don't know what you require of your guild's raiders but he has two 50 stat gems in his gear, might want to switch to 75.

He is 100% not using soul reaper correctly it looks like he is just spamming it on cd.

He seems to have gotten a bit better at not spamming it but he is hitting quite a few early. I would say they where on the adds so fine, but they seem to be just on gorefiend so yeah, not the greatest.

As said above Scourge Strike is Unholy's major filler spell. For some reason he seems to think it is Icy Touch. I can't think of a single reason where you would want to spam icy touch unless something really needs to be dispelled, so , not Gorefiend. Also a single plague strike will apply both his diseases, making icy touch 100% pointless.

He is spamming festering way too much, considering he isn't using Necrotic Plague this is a MAJOR dps loss. This along with the Icy Touch spam makes me think he hasn't looked at any guides or tried to figure out anything about his class. I'd suggest you point him towards the Skullflower's UH DK guide. or even Icey-Veins dk guide, as he is missing even the basics of the spec.

This might help also: dug up a old log with a similar kill time so you can kinda compare the casts. Obviously it's not a perfect logs and I did make some mistakes but might be useful.
    Last edited by LenytheMage; 2015-10-24 at 08:13 PM.

Deleted
    Antenora covers most of it but there are a few other things to look at/how extreme some things are going wrong.

He is loseing about half of his defile casts. But I also want to point out that defile is the WORST of the level 100 talents, with both Necrotic Plague and Breath of Sindragosa beating it out.

This was touched on before but it should be re-stated. The class trinket it 100% useless with defile and on single target fights. It will preform below even a baleful or 630 trinket most of the time in these situations.

Hulked up timmy should be closer to 70ish vs the 50ish he is getting.

I don't know what you require of your guild's raiders but he has two 50 stat gems in his gear, might want to switch to 75.

He is 100% not using soul reaper correctly it looks like he is just spamming it on cd.

He seems to have gotten a bit better at not spamming it but he is hitting quite a few early. I would say they where on the adds so fine, but they seem to be just on gorefiend so yeah, not the greatest.

As said above Scourge Strike is Unholy's major filler spell. For some reason he seems to think it is Icy Touch. I can't think of a single reason where you would want to spam icy touch unless something really needs to be dispelled, so , not Gorefiend. Also a single plague strike will apply both his diseases, making icy touch 100% pointless.

He is spamming festering way too much, considering he isn't using Necrotic Plague this is a MAJOR dps loss. This along with the Icy Touch spam makes me think he hasn't looked at any guides or tried to figure out anything about his class. I'd suggest you point him towards the Skullflower's UH DK guide. or even Icey-Veins dk guide, as he is missing even the basics of the spec.

This might help also: dug up a old log with a similar kill time so you can kinda compare the casts. Obviously it's not a perfect logs and I did make some mistakes but might be useful.
    Also Son of a Lich has one

http://sonofalich.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=78
    Last edited by mmoc9bef67a441; 2015-10-24 at 08:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Antenora View Post
    That actually is the Skullflowers guide! It got re-hosted off of summon-stone as that is now gone and then re-edited slightly by Lilgayatlas as Skullflower stopped updating it when he started working for Blizzard.

Unfortunately I cant post links, so I did the best I could.

Armory: Restaallan Gnomeregan
    Spec: Unholy
    World of Logs: MMO Champion won't let me post them yet -_- They can be found on warcraft logs though
    Question (BE VERY SPECIFIC): So, the problem i run into is we have downed heroic archimonde, and are starting our way into mythic. I came into the guild kind of late, so I figured for a while I wouldnt have touched any of the dps sitting at the top 10 of our group. After our first kill of Hellfire Assault, I still found myself at the bottom, even with a 4 pc set and the class trinket (as i just recently found out is awful). Besides maybe changing my enchant choice, I really don't know what Im doing wrong. Please, without saying alt F4 is my best choice, be critical. It's really starting to frustrate me.

- - - Updated - - -

That actually is the Skullflowers guide! It got re-hosted off of summon-stone as that is now gone and then re-edited slightly by Lilgayatlas as Skullflower stopped updating it when he started working for Blizzard.
    I miss that website...... Wish he had handed it off, really well built.