Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Overwatch on PS4/XB1 ?

With D3 UEE, blizzard showed us that they can release very good console ports of their games.
    In fact i stopped playing D3 on PC because it was 100x better on my PS4.
    WoW became garbage in the recent past so i stopped playing on my pc completely and have incredible fun with my friends on my ps4.

How likely is a release on the current gen consoles?
    What do you think?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malic View Post
    With D3 UEE, blizzard showed us that they can release very good console ports of their games.
    In fact i stopped playing D3 on PC because it was 100x better on my PS4.
    WoW became garbage in the recent past so i stopped playing on my pc completely and have incredible fun with my friends on my ps4.

How likely is a release on the current gen consoles?
    What do you think?
    Definitely possible but I doubt it would be for a couple of years after PC release. I agree with Diablo too; a lot better on a console.

They will quite likely at least try it.. Other question is would it be up to their standards.

What they have at the moment is a working Shooter platform for PC, if the controls are really really good.. they can pretty much do anything(SC Ghost finally?). Blizzard really likes RPGs, so wouldn't be at all surprised if they are already working on completely different.

Also porting PC games to colsole is always somewhat compromising.. either you limit the control scheme on PC version or you have to completely redo all UI components for Console. Not the mention they don't even have a working console shooter platform(that we know of) atm.

Too early to tell if the control style would really port across (personally I can't understand how anyone plays FPS on a console controller but that's just me). They could absolutely release HoTS on consoles though...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    personally I can't understand how anyone plays FPS on a console controller but that's just me
    It's about what people have gotten used to.. Some people have grown up with only Consoles in house for gaming.

Like sure I can't just play any first person game on a console, it just doesn't feel right to me. But that is mainly due to me growing up in the 90s and there simply weren't a huge pressure to own a console to play great games.. Most epic games were on PC.

Blizzard hasn't outlined the possibility of Overwatch coming to consoles, but PC is their main focus. I personally wont be playing Overwatch on consoles since I loath the idea of playing a first person shooter with a controller with a burning passion.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    It's about what people have gotten used to.. Some people have grown up with only Consoles in house for gaming.

Like sure I can't just play any first person game on a console, it just doesn't feel right to me. But that is mainly due to me growing up in the 90s and there simply weren't a huge pressure to own a console to play great games.. Most epic games were on PC.
    I realise there's a component of getting used to a control scheme, but controllers are flat out inferior to mouse/keyboard. Precision and speed are just plain worse on a thumbstick.

I realise there's a component of getting used to a control scheme, but controllers are flat out inferior to mouse/keyboard. Precision and speed are just plain worse on a thumbstick.
    Yeah well the point was trying to make is that they(your typical console only player) probably haven't used keyboard/mouse combination enough to know the difference. At least to a point where they would feel a controller is a hinderance on their gameplay experience.

They probably wouldn't even notice if someone would move their keyboard a bit when they aren't looking, but do that to someone who has used keyboard and mouse for their whole life and they will instantly move the keyboard back to it's original position. Same with changing cursor speed or messing with acceleration.

I'd play the crap out of it on consoles just like I would on pc.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Deleted
    You should try using a wacom pen instead of a mouse. You have atleast 10 times the precision from it compared to any mouse. Takes some getting used to but its faster and you get higher spot accuracy. Only drawback is that its hard to get to work for many games, yet still people sit with their mouse...

Quote Originally Posted by Alexton View Post
    You should try using a wacom pen instead of a mouse. You have atleast 10 times the precision from it compared to any mouse. Takes some getting used to but its faster and you get higher spot accuracy. Only drawback is that its hard to get to work for many games, yet still people sit with their mouse...
    I've often thought that something like that would be perfect.

In fact IMO the Wii controller could've been perfect for FPS if they'd gotten it precise enough and developed the right scheme. Also, Nintendo would need some FPS...

Quote Originally Posted by Toralin View Post
    I agree with Diablo too; a lot better on a console.
    I keep seeing that people enjoy Diablo 3 a lot more on the console than they ever did on the PC; and even has higher ratings on console compared to PC... I'm so confused. o_o
    I'm a Kitsune! Not a cat, or a mutt!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Fox View Post
    I keep seeing that people enjoy Diablo 3 a lot more on the console than they ever did on the PC; and even has higher ratings on console compared to PC... I'm so confused. o_o
    My theory: PC players are just way more bitchy than console players :P

-Lifelong PC master racer.

Quote Originally Posted by Steth View Post
    Blizzard hasn't outlined the possibility of Overwatch coming to consoles, but PC is their main focus. I personally wont be playing Overwatch on consoles since I loath the idea of playing a first person shooter with a controller with a burning passion.
    I wouldn't go as far as saying that I loath it too, but having only substantial experience on a PC with keyboard/mouse I found myself completely unable to play against my nephew on a controller on his xbox 360.
    He can play it, I couldn't so controllers as a means of control can work I feel, if done right.
    Just they won't suit everyone.
    Certainly at the moment, they don't suit me for FPS control anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

I grew up playing consoles and only later in life became a PC gamer. I've never once played an FPS on PC and I've played plenty of them on console; It feels fine and the button layout makes sense. If it's a standard FPS with the same general play style they could easily port it over.

Deleted
    Of course it's very possible. I don't mind as long as cross-platform is not enabled.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's all relative. Sure, controllers may be inferior to mouse and keyboard, but if everyone is using a controller then it doesn't really matter.

But as for Overwatch coming to consoles, I definitely wouldn't rule it out. But I definitely think we won't see it for a while after the PC version releases.

Console peasants.
    i7-6700k @ 4.4ghz \ EVGA GTX 1080 FTW \ MSI z170a Carbon \ corsair hx 850 mod \ 16gb savage 2666 \ 4tb raid 1 wd black \ 256gb 600p m.2pcie
    HakudoshiFarsaj

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    It's all relative. Sure, controllers may be inferior to mouse and keyboard, but if everyone is using a controller then it doesn't really matter.
    You just described what I would consider some kind of horrific post-apocalyptic future :P