Page 1 of 3
LastLast

The "friend" request after match

Ever have anyone friend request you after a game to yell at you and call you a cheater. I had one tonight where a guy sent me request and then told me I "used 9 mana on turn 7,I have it on twitch tv, enjoy your ban". I am paraphrasing and correcting his typos but you get the point. I honestly would like to watch his twitch tv to see his epic defeat since i have no idea how to begin hacking this game.

I am inclined to believe most incidents where a player adds you after a match - is only doing so to grief you or whine / troll
    Honestly, just don't bother accepting requests- it's a silly feature that belies it's intended purpose

Quote Originally Posted by shammypie View Post
    Ever have anyone friend request you after a game to yell at you and call you a cheater. I had one tonight where a guy sent me request and then told me I "used 9 mana on turn 7,I have it on twitch tv, enjoy your ban".
    LOL what?

I've never seen this kind of thing, wish I did, sounds fucking hilarious!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    idk, i had a guy add me after match only once, and it was to ask about my deck not to yell at me guess im just lucky

15+ Year Old Account
    It's happened a couple times. I always accept. The first time I completely thrashed someone and they said something like "lol nice pay to win deck loser" (I've never spent money on HS).

The last time I crushed a guy in Arena and he messaged me to tell me how crazy my deck was, though really I just got lucky and had good answers for everything he played.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shammypie View Post
    Ever have anyone friend request you after a game to yell at you and call you a cheater. I had one tonight where a guy sent me request and then told me I "used 9 mana on turn 7,I have it on twitch tv, enjoy your ban". I am paraphrasing and correcting his typos but you get the point. I honestly would like to watch his twitch tv to see his epic defeat since i have no idea how to begin hacking this game.
    let me guess, you used innervate and he's retarded?
    My channel: Shirgadirth I used to do let's play's but now I do reviews, but not very often. Far too busy from school. Also too poor to buy games :P

That's what happens when you guys all play Mech Mage :P!

Deleted
    I've gotten it a couple of times. One time was in german. The other time I was playing Mech Mage and my opponent friended me to say "such skill wow" etc. I defriended him, but he friended me again and I thought it might be amusing. But then bizarrely he was actually pleasant, asked for tips on defeating mech mage and we played a few games.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzen View Post
    That's what happens when you guys all play Mech Mage :P!
    Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    I was playing Mech Mage and my opponent friended me
    I don't get people adding me to abuse me for the deck I'm playing. Odd

No pity for people riding the Mech Mage FoTM train this season.

Deleted
    I don't get people adding me to abuse me for the deck I'm playing. Odd

No pity for people riding the Mech Mage FoTM train this season.
    Why would I deliberately choose a worse deck just to take some sort of moral high ground? It's a good deck, and contrary to popular belief not impossible to beat.

Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    Why would I deliberately choose a worse deck just to take some sort of moral high ground? It's a good deck, and contrary to popular belief not impossible to beat.
    Why doesn't everyone just play Mech Mage amirite? Why play the game for fun when you can just roll the current most OP deck straight copy-pasta off the front page off Hearthpwn and zzz your way up the ranks!

last season, I was testing gazlowe in shaman on ladder, with mixed results, since I didnt actually draw gazlowe that much, he was usually in the bottom 5 cards, but he won me one game against control war, where he drew me two iron juggs. After the game, I got friend request, so I accepted, got immediate "its nice to see there are still junk decks on the ladder " so I wanted to reply, but he immediately unfriended. guess he couldnt stand the fact that some random junk deck beat his wallet warrior

Deleted
    I love when that happens....

"F*** you, your momma is a W****"

I´ll just be like

"Nah my mom was to drunk for that"

So on and so forth, can really get them frothing sometimes.

I friend people to talk about their decks when I find them interesting. I haven't had a hostile friend invite ever.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

10+ Year Old Account
    Makes me sad that there's enough hostility that people just decline them all, I've sent three requests so far, one to say it was a crazy fun game, one to say I was super impressed with his out-of-box thinking, and another to say his deck looked crazy fun and if I can find it on hearthpwn or something similar.

All three declined of course, ah well.

As for the initial question, I have only received 1 request before and the person never spoke to me :P
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

Deleted
    Why doesn't everyone just play Mech Mage amirite? Why play the game for fun when you can just roll the current most OP deck straight copy-pasta off the front page off Hearthpwn and zzz your way up the ranks!
    I don't find losing fun. Sad to say we don't live in a world where your Hobgoblin Wisp deck or whatever is actually playable. The game is always going to be primarily built around net decks. Why not complain about Ramp, or Handlock, or Zoo or Miracle etc. etc. etc. ? The fun is in playing decks that actually work, and within them making the odd tweak here and there to see if you can build something even better. I've tried Mech Mage with Portal, with secrets, even put in soot spewer once for the spell damage. Let's stop with trying to make out that if you cobble together a deck out of garbage you're somehow morally superior.

I friended a player once after a match to talk about how awesome it was.

15+ Year Old Account
    Outside ORG sending your children down the mines.
    Mostly, if people want to add you after a game, it's because they got something to say that you almost definitely don't want to hear, which is kind of sad.

I've considered friending people a lot of times but after a couple declines I just don't bother. It's nice to find people who give you a good game and seem on a similar level to you who you could play against, especially if they're a little creative with their decks.

I understand why noone accepts, but it's a shame it's come to this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Bladeface View Post
    let me guess, you used innervate and he's retarded?
    no i was playing a mage and i think it was from unstable portal is where he got his count. I honestly can't remember what turn 7 was.

I should also add I was playing a hunter who doesn't understand what face cancer really means