Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Incredibale View Post
    Are you going to be prostrating yourself to them, like you are now, when they vastly outnumber you and have their boots on your neck?
    What the fuck are you on about? Have you been smoking some of Jayburner's funny fags?

10+ Year Old Account
    You were quoted. You.

You're ignoring the massive antisemitism, especially as of late being fueled by the muslims.

Are you going to be prostrating yourself to them, like you are now, when they vastly outnumber you and have their boots on your neck?
    Whenever you post something as irrational and fearful as this you're letting the terrorists win. Please stop.
    Last edited by fengosa; 2015-02-16 at 09:52 PM. Reason: grammar

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    What the fuck are you on about? Have you been smoking some of Jayburner's funny fags?
    I don't smoke homosexuals. WTF is your problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    You obviously didn't read the whole thing.
    I certainly read the part about France, which this thread is about. The part where the story's only source flat-out contradicts the post's headline.

And to compare rioting teenagers to a clash of civilizations shows how dishonest you are.
    I compared places that are normally peaceful, but that sometimes erupt in riots, car burning, and attacking police to...normally peaceful places that sometimes erupt in riots, car burning, and attacking police. That sounds pretty apples-to-apples to me. Or should we be concerned about Encroaching Roll Tide-ism?

Let's take a look back. The 2005 riots in Paris were a tragedy and Muslim-related, yes. Over 50 arrests were made (wait, what's the definition of a no-go zone again? something about the police not enforcing the law...). There were multiple injuries and one death (a man died while trying to extinguish a fire, tragic, but he wasn't dragged into the street and beaten). Cars burned, check. Police attacked, check.

Now let's look at the USA:
    On April 6, 2002, the Minneapolis campus reacted to a win by setting fires and throwing rocks at the police. 30 arrests were made.
    On April 4, 2011, UConn celebrated a win by flipping cars, setting fires, and got 23 people arrested.
    On March 25, 2000, police responded to fires at a Purdue victory riot by having bottles thrown at them. No record of arrests, probably due to the tear gas.
    March 3, 2010, College Park Maryland, when UMaryland beats Duke followed by, yes, fires and 28 arrests.
    On March 31, 2001, the same campus responds to a loss by breaking store windows, setting fires, yadda yadda rocks at police.
    In 2002, the same campus GOD DAMMIT MARYLAND WHAT THE HELL
    On March 31, 2012, the police responded to more fires and more car flipping at KU and made 10 arrests.
    In 1999, Michigan State students and fans protested their loss to Duke with, you guessed it, fires and attacking police. A whopping 132 arrests were made.

Total: 223 arrests.

And that's just riots based on March Madness alone. Not all riots on college campuses. Just the NCAA playoffs. That's really specific.There are some big ones I skipped. Like this one. Oh, is that a car on fire behind all those riot police? I think it is! 70 arrests that time!

So let me sum up: claiming a spot is a no-go zone, especially when the only source of the only article you link contradicts that very statement, is pretty laughable when, yes, our very own college students do pretty much the same thing. Oh, the motives are different, completely different, but the symptoms are completely the same. These "no-go" zones are, in theory, places where the locals enforce and carry out their own rules and laws instead of the local police (which, as demonstrated, is not the case in Paris). Where are the people calling college campuses, which literally have their own armed police forces and enforce their own rules, no-go zones? Other than motive, what is the difference that you can point to, between how these two locations behave?

You'd have better luck convincing me that France was on the verge of eco-terrorism, because of the death in a 2014 riot -- much more recent -- when the police killed an unarmed man by accident with a stun grenade during an environmental protest that went violent.

You used WND as a source? Are you fucking kidding me? They are damn close to being a conspiracy theory website.
    http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/WND
    I know its rational wiki but they aren't wrong.

You were quoted. You.

You're ignoring the massive antisemitism, especially as of late being fueled by the muslims.

[Infracted]
    Not denying it's a problem (generally), but some days on my 30mins walk home (as a white male in england) I could rack up half of that video. If the video was 10mins + we might actually have something worth discussing there, but it really does NOT help his point at all.

The article would honestly have more impact without the video.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

15+ Year Old Account
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Sorry.

But I lived in one of these for years. It was one of the richest cities of south France, listed because of slightly higher burglary rates against all those villas there (lots of them being empty 95% of the year). If that's what you call a "no go zone" or a zone "that the state does not fully control"...

Sorry, but I need more smileys here, that post made me laugh so hard

That joke
    Oh, hi.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't smoke homosexuals. WTF is your problem.
    Fag - Engl: Cigarette
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    I was more surprised by them telling Europeans what it is like in European cities, than their inability to grasp English.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dendrek View Post
    That's great and all... he got a couple of people spitting and a few antisemitic remarks. That's totally evidence of mass racism and no-go zones. Right? As a caucasian, if I spent 10 hours walking around in my own state, I'd have about as many instances of people mocking or harassing me -- particularly because, like this guy, I'd intentionally focus a lot of that time walking in areas where the chances of that happening are higher.

If anything, the fact this is all that guy got (non-threatening gestures of disapproval and no actual physical aggression of any kind -- and again, if I spent that much time walking around in my own state, I might be able to find areas where I'd actually be threatened) is evidence against Fox's claims.
    Well, what would be a definition of a no go zone then? That there are problems within certain areas of the States has not very much to do with the claim that Paris has no go zones.

Also, it is indeed totally evidence of mass racism, that only a few people have the balls to spit on this guy or make antisemitic remarks doesn't mean that the mass racism isn't there, as most people who feel hatred towards other groups don't actively show it unless they are in power. If the people of their "group" doesn't feel antisemitic they should hold these "individuals" back. however, from everyone outside on the streets, nobody interferes with them, silently (or not) accepting their behavior.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't take anything Wingnut Daily posts as fact.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Watching Doctor Who as an American and hearing Rose say something about "smoking a fag" really threw me off for a moment.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    I was more surprised by them telling Europeans what it is like in European cities, than their inability to grasp English.
    honestly, not much surprises me here anymore.

battle hardening, you know lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Watching Doctor Who as an American and hearing Rose say something about "smoking a fag" really threw me off for a moment.
    I can see that lol

10+ Year Old Account
    And this is coming from someone with a football player as an avatar. Not soccer: football.

10+ Year Old Account
    Speaking of fox..

This made me chuckle last night..

Deleted
    France's tourism industry is actually the strongest in the world.

That being said, the terror attacks might affect the numbers in the near future and right now.

Still pointless to sue Fox news for being shit journalists. Everyone already knows that.

I guess France really needs cash now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    I'm done here, why did I actually bother to give a serious reply on page 1 I guess this is a perfect example of why discussions on the internet are so fucking pointless
    Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Fist View Post
    Overthrowing governments is far different than trying to influence a population

I wonder if there'd be an uproar if we established bullshit religion free zones.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Not denying it's a problem (generally), but some days on my 30mins walk home (as a white male in england) I could rack up half of that video. If the video was 10mins + we might actually have something worth discussing there, but it really does NOT help his point at all.

The article would honestly have more impact without the video.
    If that video is a compilation of his 10 hours walking through the city, I'd say 3 or 4 comments and a spit isn't bad at all.

I think Incredibale would have so much fun walking through downtown Detroit, Chicago, Atlanta, St Louis, etc. Based on the loose crime enforcement in certain parts of those cities, as well as high crime rates, according to him the US has tons of no-go zones under gangster law.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    You were quoted. You.

[Infracted]
    Is muslims a forbidden topic now? He's not talking about religion, he's talking about a group of people. You're really pushing it Endus.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    You used WND as a source? Are you fucking kidding me? They are damn close to being a conspiracy theory website.
    http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/WND
    I know its rational wiki but they aren't wrong.
    It's better than just that.

Guess who WND is citing as their source in that article...

Jihadwatch.org