Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    why do we need another vaccine thread?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    I dunno, ass gas is pretty brutal sometimes...
    I could be my own rocket ship!
    Putin khuliyo

why don't you research some of the effects of the diseases that are commonly vaccinated against?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by killerlee View Post
    Everyone in this world is different, their DNA is different. Vaccines are tailored to a one size fits all. I was born 3.5 months early I was given a 5% chance to live back in 1985. Here i am almost 30 years old,due to my early birth i wasn't able to get all the vaccines. Now that i have my own children I will cherish every moment i have with them and protect them and their health to the best of my ability.
    By choosing not to vaccinate your children against ALL, not some, But all possible, preventable diseases is not protecting your child to the best of your ability.

As has been proven at least once, before the whole thing was found to be a complete fraud and totally retracted, Andrew Wakefield published a paper in the Lancet showing a possible link between the MMR vaccine and Autism. This was thoroughly debunked, not a single study has shown anything even close to the findings that were presented by him, and his conflicting interests in a secretly patented 3 shot regimen to replace the single MMR was the nail in the coffin. The paper was retracted. This was in the papers and on the news for well over a year before this happened.

Also, one of the largest studies of it's kind, comprising of over half a million people failed to show any significant variance in Autism rates between vaccinated and un-vaccinated people.

Heres the thing though, Fox and co would jump on a story that would prove any sort of link between vaccines and Autism, or any other "Vaccine injury" because it would drive traffic and profits to them, and that's all they really care about.

I would honestly recommend you educate yourself on this subject, and protect not just your own kids, but hundreds of thousands of people who rely on herd immunity as thier vaccine, due to their own health.

Your argument that the Medical industry makes Billions is also based on what? Vaccines account for a very small amount of the profit that is made in Pharma, as the shots must be kept at a reasonable level. Hell, not a single vaccine appears in the top 10 grossing Drugs that are on sale in the US. In fact, drug company's would make far more money treating these diseases then they would by vaccinating against them. The argument makes no sense.

To Ease you into it, I would reccomend reading "Bad Science" by Ben Goldacre, there's and enitre section dedicated to Vaccines and it should clear up a large number of the issues that you might have(also, it does so in a humouress, non-condescending way).

The only other piece of Advice I would have is to question everything you see on the subject.
    Is the evidence Anecdotal and not backed up with data?
    Does the person providing the data have something to gain(Check out the persons website, are they selling Vitamins and Supplements and extortionate prices?the infamous Dr Tenpenny for Example She will sell you so Adre-Cor for the low, low price of $62, which has the helpful disclaimer *These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease*
    What education does this person have, a GP is not a Immunologist. A mother with too much time on her hands and access to google is not a research scientist. What makes this persons claims more believable.
    Ask yourself questions,

1. Do you trust the Internet and complete strangers on the Internet who tell you vaccines do this or that? Is there accountability on the Internet unlike the CDC or the FDA?

2. For the people would riot in the streets if they were to find out -- lemme put it this way, if it were true that vaccines did "this" or "that" to kids that it wouldn't be common place knowledge right now considering how many people work in said fields pertaining to that. I've seen individual news reporters solve crimes and catch criminals thru journalism research so why wouldn't it have already been uncovered already? There are people in the Govt. who get caught all the time redhanded and pay the price for it but you rarely see that because no one cares about it unless its a sex scandal or it pertains to Hillary Clinton or Obama. If vaccines caused autism in children, it would be common knowledge after xx amount of years that vaccines have been around. When I was a kid, they said via medicine that these foods were fine and those foods were bad... 20+ years later, research has proven the opposite and new discoveries are being made all the time. Vaccination has been around for quite a long time and yet no official "bad stuff" has come up except for the millions of lives its saved but no one cares about that because well... that news doesn't sell.

3. "The medical industry makes billions... blah blah blah" ... Dude, wake up, <insert name> industry makes billions everywhere on the friggin planet. Holy crap, the Marijuana industry in Colorado is going to make over a Billion dollars in 2015 -- THEY MUST BE LYING TO US! McDonalds makes Billions of Dollars... they must be hiding the secrets to the Covenant. Honestly, use your brain and stop thinking so small.

4. Vaccines DO protect your children and to not do them not only endangers your children potentially but many others if you're not vaccinated. 1910's... Large epidemic of Polio in the United States ... 2015, "Polio, what the frack is that?!?" -- you know why almost no one knows what Polio is BECAUSE IT WAS ERADICATED VIA VACCINATIONS!

I choose to vaccinate my child with SOME vaccines but not all. But i do have a question that no on has really thought of or that has been posted on here.

I know both sides of the coin when it come to vaccines there are always the for and against. What i don't get is the people who are for them, do you trust the Government or the CDC or the FDA to tell you the truth? I mean seriously. Do you really think fox news or CNN or whatever major news network is going to come out and say "new study finds that vaccines cause Autism" or cancer or ass gas or whatever?

Can you imagine the outrage of the millions of people if they were to announce such a thing. Of course the non-vaccine people are never going to be able to provide a news link or a scientific study that comes from an official site or respected news source. You have to go to the unofficial sites to get such news, sites labeled as Anti Government or anti this or that. People would be rioting in the streets if they find out they were being lied to and they were told vaccines were considered "safe" all these years. Science and our understanding of science changes every day. Things that were considered safe decades or centuries ago have been constantly changed while others have stayed the same.

The medical industry makes BILLIONS of dollars and they will do/say anything to keep the money rolling in. The way the world is going now people can be bought off or paid. I know we like to think people like politicians and scientist are going to tell the truth, but every man has his price, everyone. People can be bought or corrupted or blackmailed or just plain evil.

I'm not saying that all vaccines are bad or that all people are bad, just that we all need to keep an open mind when it comes to the lives of our children and ourselves. Are you really going to take someone else's word and just leave it be? I love my children too damn much to take anyones word for it. I will research and study any vaccine before it goes into my children or myself and I have/did.

Everyone in this world is different, their DNA is different. Vaccines are tailored to a one size fits all. I was born 3.5 months early I was given a 5% chance to live back in 1985. Here i am almost 30 years old,due to my early birth i wasn't able to get all the vaccines. Now that i have my own children I will cherish every moment i have with them and protect them and their health to the best of my ability.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would rather have autism than be dead.

I would rather my children be autistic than be dead.

Being autistic is not the fucking end of the world. Being different isn't bad.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post

and a lot of the diseases that children are vaccinated against can cause brain fever, which leads to brain damage.

I choose to vaccinate my child with SOME vaccines but not all. But i do have a question that no on has really thought of or that has been posted on here.

I know both sides of the coin when it come to vaccines there are always the for and against. What i don't get is the people who are for them, do you trust the Government or the CDC or the FDA to tell you the truth? I mean seriously. Do you really think fox news or CNN or whatever major news network is going to come out and say "new study finds that vaccines cause Autism" or cancer or ass gas or whatever?

Can you imagine the outrage of the millions of people if they were to announce such a thing. Of course the non-vaccine people are never going to be able to provide a news link or a scientific study that comes from an official site or respected news source. You have to go to the unofficial sites to get such news, sites labeled as Anti Government or anti this or that. People would be rioting in the streets if they find out they were being lied to and they were told vaccines were considered "safe" all these years. Science and our understanding of science changes every day. Things that were considered safe decades or centuries ago have been constantly changed while others have stayed the same.

The medical industry makes BILLIONS of dollars and they will do/say anything to keep the money rolling in. The way the world is going now people can be bought off or paid. I know we like to think people like politicians and scientist are going to tell the truth, but every man has his price, everyone. People can be bought or corrupted or blackmailed or just plain evil.

I'm not saying that all vaccines are bad or that all people are bad, just that we all need to keep an open mind when it comes to the lives of our children and ourselves. Are you really going to take someone else's word and just leave it be? I love my children too damn much to take anyones word for it. I will research and study any vaccine before it goes into my children or myself and I have/did.

I love this argument because you can literally use it for anything. "Well you see, there's no mainstream proof that unicorns exist because big agri has an interest in keeping it secret."

It's amazing that people think that the ENTIRE CDC or FDA can be on the same page on these conspiracies.

Also, it says a lot about you that you would trust some jackass on the internet over a peer reviewed journal authored by the best medical minds in the world.
    Beta Club Brosquad

What people fail to realize is that vaccines are for the herd, not the individual. That you may receive an individual benefit is only secondary to the public health benefits of herd immunity. Knowing this, to not vaccinate your children is selfish and socially irresponsible.

Nothing is "safe."

Getting vaccinated, however, is less risky to both yourself and the society in which you live.

Antivaxxers are fundamentally in fear of "losing the lottery" immediately (by exposing themselves or their child to the vaccine, and simply happening to have a poor side effect), rather than at some unspecified point in the future when they become naturally exposed (perhaps because they overconfidently believe they can keep themselves from being exposed in the first place).

The problem is, they have a greater chance to lose the lottery if they let themselves become naturally exposed. The risk is dramatically higher at that point. And all the while, the risk to their society is higher, as well.

Vaccines can be, and have been, recalled in the past due to too great a risk -- so, yes, I trust that the risks we have been provided with are accurate.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathquoi View Post
    Also, it says a lot about you that you would trust some jackass on the internet over a peer reviewed journal authored by the best medical minds in the world.
    Hey, that PhD from Google U has to pay for itself somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by Karreck View Post
    Sounds like a conspiracy theory.
    DING DING DING DING

It is a conspiracy theory. Anyone who thinks they've actually managed to pay off every scientist and oversight organization from the hundreds of studies conducted on the safety of vaccines and there has never been any kind of leak of that information then you have more problems then what you think vaccines might do to you. This is why we need more critical thinking skills being taught in schools.

@OP: There's nothing you've said here that hasn't been said before a hundred times by people who were able to communicate it much better than you have. It's been debunked several times and doesn't have any sort of basis in facts or logic.

gotta wonder about the state of the people when they refer to themselves as a herd.

10+ Year Old Account

And autism isn't always that bad, or even that noticable. People (like me) can be high functioning and appear to merely be the sort of person who prefers solitude to socialization. It's a spectrum. Some are nearly crippled by it, some live very normal lives with it.
    Putin khuliyo

That's going a bit too far. It depends on the severity of the autism but having some of the more severe versions can seriously harm your life. Yes, it's better than being dead but being unable to speak or make eye contact with people is not 'being different', it's a serious concern. It's just that the claims that vaccines cause autism are complete bullshit and unsubstantiated.

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    gotta wonder about the state of the people when they refer to themselves as a herd.
    what does this have to do with anything at all?
    Beta Club Brosquad

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    You are not seriously comparing or equating people referring to 'herd immunity' as literally calling themselves a herd of cattle....

Edit: By the way, that's only one name for it, another being 'community immunity'. A herd simply refers to a social gathering of animals and, news flash, humans are still animals.

I guess it depends on how you're different. some differences clearly are terrible judging form some viewpoints on this subject.

15+ Year Old Account
    I choose not to vaccinate because there's aluminum in a couple of the molecules in vaccines. Also I avoid eating table salt because there's chlorine in it and chlorine gas is a poison.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    No offense but what studying did you do? reading some book by Jenny Mc Carthy doesn't count either. I got my vaccines because my pharmacist father and radiologist mother decided all those studies they read about in their continued education journals that vaccines are a good thing. If I ever opted to doubt the countless studies proving how well vaccines work I would probably ask them their thoughts or my brother who has a PhD in Pharmacology.