Poll: Do you feel the same way?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Opening legendary bombs isn't that important. Boulderfist Ogre will win you more games than Ysera if you get to play them both on curve.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahourai View Post
    Boulderfist Ogre will win you more games than Ysera if you get to play them both on curve.
    Yeah, but he said they don't matter, when they do have an impact on the games, most of them are still way better than average drop for that mana slot. I just threw Ysera out there as an example, as for a Priest it's 1 of the best cards to have if you have a really slow deck.

I would like instead of dealing damage to random targets why can't it be to like the left or right most minion on the board.

That way minion placement comes into play and adds skill to the game instead of luck.

Opening legendary bombs isn't that important. Boulderfist Ogre will win you more games than Ysera if you get to play them both on curve.
    Opening legendary bombs are game winning because the RNG of arena often leaves you short removal. In ranked play I can build a deck with 10-15 removal cards that give +0-2 card advantage, effectively dealing with most of my enemies' minions (especially the bigger threats). There's no guarantee you'll get more than 3-5 removal cards in arena and most of them will probably be suboptimal against bigger threats. This is why arena is designed terribly and the construction of HS packs does not help.

In MTG, for example, you have draft play, where players sit around a table and draft cards from packs until they have enough to build a functional deck. The key to winning in MTG is to draft bombs when they come up, but to draft very efficient creatures and spells, with an emphasis on removal. More often than not, your games are going to be won by locking down your opponents board than any other method, while your little guys hit him for damage every turn.

HS throws that out the window by:

- Making any target attackable (MTG only the opposing player can be attacked).
    - Having packs that contain 5 cards (MTG has 15 cards in each pack, with a guarantee of 11 commons, 3 uncommons, and 1 rare, with a chance to have a mythic rare).
    - Not having any rhyme or reason to the way packs are designed (MTG has a card run for packs that allots a fair assortment of cards to facilitate draft play, while still being mostly random).

Randomness produces too much variable in game play, which is why MTG limits randomness as much as possible. HS should do the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    When Hearthstone first came out I found it really fun, now though it's a joke.
    They made the game too gimmicky and three or four decks rule the entire game, I know that's the meta but I liked playing unusual decks and trying to win with them and building decks around certain things, now its either
    1)Mech Mage
    2) Face hunter
    3) Demon / handlock

15+ Year Old Account
    Arena isn't just about your draw, it's about how well you play with what you have.

My last Arena was 10 wins as a Mage - I know, lolmage right? Except I ended up with only three spells - one Arc Missiles, one Duplicate and one Frost Nova. The deck I cobbled together was astonishingly average, drafted at 4am when I was shitfaced drunk with one game played before I passed out.

And yeah over the next two days that deck went on to be 10-0 before I got smashed twice and narrowly lost my third. Proper minion play, deciding when to trade and when to YOLO face, killing my own minion with hero ping to ensure that it was my Sunwalker that was Duplicated - this kinda shit. Shit deck that performed well just because of solid play.

You can complain about the RNG all you want. The only people that think it is a substitute for skill, however, are those with little skill.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    Arena isn't just about your draw, it's about how well you play with what you have.

My last Arena was 10 wins as a Mage - I know, lolmage right? Except I ended up with only three spells - one Arc Missiles, one Duplicate and one Frost Nova. The deck I cobbled together was astonishingly average, drafted at 4am when I was shitfaced drunk with one game played before I passed out.

And yeah over the next two days that deck went on to be 10-0 before I got smashed twice and narrowly lost my third. Proper minion play, deciding when to trade and when to YOLO face, killing my own minion with hero ping to ensure that it was my Sunwalker that was Duplicated - this kinda shit. Shit deck that performed well just because of solid play.

You can complain about the RNG all you want. The only people that think it is a substitute for skill, however, are those with little skill.
    I have had enough of 10+ arena runs with average decks and most of the time, it was combination of sheer luck with draws and bad draws for my opponents (and usually the lack of 3 flamestrike mages)

Quote Originally Posted by DarkArchon View Post
    Ranks 16 to 7 around there. Not a fan of constructed so i dont push further. But watching Streams on Twitch you see it lots in later ranks as well.
    That's about how I rank usually.

Boulderfist Ogre will win you more games than Ysera if you get to play them both on curve.
    Really? Why? :O
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    That's about how I rank usually.

Really? Why? :O
    Boulderfist is midgame and played at 6 is harder to remove without losing tempo

Ysera is very slow and often has to contend with trades from both moderate minions and nukes/removal while your opponent can still repopulate his board on the same time. Her 4 attack also means a lot of things can attack her without being killed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Agoonga View Post
    I love the RNG, but I don't like the mech decks
    How efficiently and quickly did you deal with Mechwarpers? Oh, you didn't draw any removal yet?

Lol concede.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I do not have enough hands to apply enough palms to my face.

Come on people!
    I play arena and constructed. Both game modes are really entertaining and feel COMPLETELY different. Luck plays a factor in the game, but both ranking and running 12-0 arenas depends on skill. You can "outplay" really bad draws. Games were everything seems out of your control are rare and can't destroy the whole progress when achieving legendary rank (or any different), since it is all based on your winning rate. It hurts your tempo only. 1 lost game for every 3 won still makes it a constant stride.

The truth is: if you are a bad player, no matter what, you will not make it to more than 3-4 wins in the Arena. Killing wrong targets, going for the face, when it's useless or wasting great opportunities for a killing blow - all those are misplays which prevents peeps from gaining a pretty neat score.
    It may seems as the enemy has all the answers, but the truth is that he may just manage his resources better.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrgannus View Post
    How efficiently and quickly did you deal with Mechwarpers? Oh, you didn't draw any removal yet?

Lol concede.
    You have exactly the same chance of drawing/mulligan'ing your 2-mana removal as a mage does to have Mechwarpers in his opening hand, provided you have at least two Axes/Fbolts/FCannons/Rockbiters/LBs/ESs/Wraths/BSs/Darkbombs/SWPs/whatevers...

No Mechwarpers in the mulligan/first few draws? GG, easy win.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    You have exactly the same chance of drawing/mulligan'ing your 2-mana removal as a mage does to have Mechwarpers in his opening hand, provided you have at least two Axes/Fbolts/FCannons/Rockbiters/LBs/ESs/Wraths/BSs/Darkbombs/SWPs/whatevers...

No Mechwarpers in the mulligan/first few draws? GG, easy win.
    'Tis true. I tend to either face roll mech rushers or get face rolled. Rarely is there an in between for me
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I do not have enough hands to apply enough palms to my face.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrgannus View Post
    'Tis true. I tend to either face roll mech rushers or get face rolled. Rarely is there an in between for me
    This is so true .. if the face Hunter or mech mage Get a bad start its easy. Else its concede

I feel pretty much finished with Hearthstone now. I don't really like their lack of interference in balancing cards and I feel the game has suffered from a beta that was totally out of touch with how the general meta ended up.

It's still a great way to piss away a few hours every now and then, but not much more and certainly not a game to be taken seriously.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh