Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

What mouse to buy?

So after my second Razer Taipan is slowly dying because of the exact same issue the first one had (side- and middle buttons stopped responding) I'm going away from Razer and am now searching for a new mouse.

I only need 2 buttons on either side (so please nothing Naga like)
    Right handed
    Clickable middle button
    Customizable buttons
    If possible a bit larger than normal mouses
    Not more than 75€
    Not freakishly ugly
    Mostly used for WoW and Heroes of the Storm

For reference this is the mouse I used before (before the Taipan I had a Roccat Kone and was really happy with it but after some years the LMB gave up:
    http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-mice/razer-taipan

10+ Year Old Account
    Logitech Proteus Core.

I have the Steelseries Sensei Raw and I like it a lot. Has 2 buttons on each side, rubber surface for more grip, very basic looking but works well.

http://steelseries.com/products/mice...ies-sensei-raw
    CPU: i5 6600k @ 4.5Ghz Motherboard: Asus Z170-A RAM: Corsair Lpx 16gb GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970
    Case: Fractal Design Define R4 PSU: EVGA 650W M.2: Samsung 960 EVO 500gb SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 1TB Monitor: BenQ GW2765 27" Mouse: Corsair Harpoon RGB Keyboard: Corsair K63 Headset: Sennheiser Game One

Uh, it might not be the greatest mouse, but this is what I use and I enjoy it right now

http://www.amazon.com/Anker%C2%AE-Pr.../dp/B00AAQRNQ8

Only downside that confused me at first was I had to set two buttons on it to work from the keypad, not sure if that's normal with multibutton mice. Also one of the buttons won't ever be used basically due to awkward position (The one right under the wheel, the little one under that adjusts the DPI so I'm not sure you'd want to unbind that anyway but you can).

Do you ever click abilities in WoW? If so, there is no choice for you other than a naga or a logitech g600.

Lots of good options. The M65 from Corsair, Sensei from Steelseries, Proteus Core from Logitech, and there's the one from Mionix that I can't seem to remember. Those are very good mice. I'd personally go for the Proteus Core, it's a really awesome mouse, plus Logitech Gaming Software is simply unmatched, but since I pretty much can't play WoW without a grid-style mouse (G600/Naga), I'm stuck with them.
    Last edited by Static; 2015-03-16 at 01:57 AM.
    "Those mortal shells that we call bodies, are not ours to keep. The body is a gift of earth that must, one day, be returned from whence it came"

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for all the answers so far!

Are wireless mice still less responsive? Or did technology finally catch up?

There are pretty few of what I personally consider good wireless mice. The G602 and the G700s from Logitech are excellent wireless gaming mice. I've been using the G602 for everything other than WoW for the past 5 months or so, and it's really great.
    "Those mortal shells that we call bodies, are not ours to keep. The body is a gift of earth that must, one day, be returned from whence it came"

Deleted
    I'm gonna say Steelseries Rival (happen to be using one, how weird)

Logitech G502 Proteus Core for sure, IMHO is the perfect mouse for Wow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nl25wpMoEtY
    Experience is the name everyone gives to their mistakes.
    Oscar Wilde

Im going to suggest the G502 Proteus Core as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why are so many people using G600 or Naga for MMOs? What exactly are you using the sidebuttons for that couldn't be assigned otherwise? And aren't that many buttons a bit irritating? I have very large hands and I don't think I could hit a single button on that side?
    Last edited by Feali; 2015-03-16 at 05:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheor View Post
    I have the Steelseries Sensei Raw and I like it a lot. Has 2 buttons on each side, rubber surface for more grip, very basic looking but works well.

http://steelseries.com/products/mice...ies-sensei-raw
    I'll tosss in my support of this mouse as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Quote Originally Posted by Nalira View Post
    Why are so many people using G600 or Naga for MMOs? What exactly are you using the sidebuttons for that couldn't be assigned otherwise? And aren't that many buttons a bit irritating? I have very large hands and I don't think I could hit a single button on that side?
    I literally keybind every ability to my naga, more comfortable to me than keyboard binds. Pre WoD i had around 50 abilities bound to my naga on my hunter and druid lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Currently torn between G502 and Sensei Raw. Thank you for all the answers! I will probably go to the store tomorrow and test them

10+ Year Old Account
    Try not to cave in to the overpriced brand name shit like a lot of us did. There are very cheap good korean/chinese alternatives on amazon that are almost 1:1 clones of the brand name mice. Before you judge, you probably already did once I said asian clones, just read the reviews. Watch the youtube videos. At least if the mouse dies you aren't out 60-80 bucks.
    http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00F3L19KQ/...LBQF7005&psc=1

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00GU8W5AE?psc=1 (naga knock off)

It's a cheaper alternative and they ALL of high ratings with thousands reviewing them. Look around and see what you might like. In the end you gamble with any product you buy, you could bring it home and it lasts 1 hour and stops working or you could bring it home and it lasts for 10 years(like my original logi mx518 which I still have to this day).

-Razer is marketed towards people who impulse buy because they read something like "16k DPI!" and the clueless consumer, which by the way we are all guilty of being on at one point or another, falls for it thinking that people actually use 16k dpi. Or they see the bright colors or someone like Swifty using the products and think it's a gift sent from the heavens above.

-Logitech uses some absolutely hilarious marketing scheme saying they base their mice off of science only and use some sort of high end lab to create and test these mice. No they use a factory with a Q&A department like every other manufacturer. Sure there were test models at one point but the amount of people who believe that these mice are scientifically proven to make you a better gamer is astonishing. I could make a single mouse tomorrow and use basic ergonomics in my build and say I used science to help create the mouse.

I own a g600, a naga, an mx518, a sensei raw, a perdition and have had a couple others. They are all decent periphs but I learned my lesson about giving into marketing hype, some people need to learn for themselves - you have been warned.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampz View Post
    inb4 "flying is a major part of the reason I have fun in wow!"
    Buy a fucking flight sim then

Deleted
    Logitech G502 Proteus Core.

I've tried many models (Razer Naga, Logitech G600 MMO, G602, G500, G500s, G400, G400s, G700 MMO and other Logitech models)
    The G502 Proteus Core is the smoothest mouse I ever played with....by far

link: http://www.maximumpc.com/files/u1664...itech_g502.jpg

Working at the After-Sales department of the Electronics store I work at I can only advise either Logitech or Steelseries.
    There is a very low return percentage on both brands which means that out of all the one sold very few ever return with faults on them.

Razer is another cup of tea. Overpriced, bad hardware crap. Ok it looks nice but that's about it.
    I prefer function over looks tbh.

Logitech G700, G502 Proteus Core, G600
    Steelseries Rival, Sensei

Just to name a few