Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    I don't think the issue is that these people made a stance based on their religious beliefs, the law let's them do that. The issue is that they're getting hundreds of thousands of dollars for being bigots... which basically says that in Indiana or anywhere else in America that lets you do this, you can be a discriminating bigot and get rewarded for it if you go out of business for being a bigot and then cry about it on social media

The law is there to protect their right to be discriminatory, however public opinion (as I think most people predicted when this law went into place) said that discriminating is bad for business... and they're getting rewarded for it. THAT's what is fucked up.
    They are not getting the money for being bigots. People support them out of spite for the militant leftists.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    They deserve to be harassed.
    This "revenge not justice" mentality is a major problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imadraenei View Post
    You can find that unbiased view somewhere between Atlantis and that unicorn farm down the street, just off Interstate √(-1).

Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    yes we are but should you be forced to participate in someone else's sin?
    That's an interesting question. It's obvious that we aren't supposed to judge. Not participating means you're judging.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    big difference in serving a sinner and being forced to participate in their sin
    They aren't participating any more than McDonalds is participating in a robbery if held up.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

So does the pizzeria refuse to serve pizza on Sunday?

Or does the Pizzaria refuse to serve anybody else living in sin?

Yes, the hypocrisy of people and people hiding behind religion. Religion works, when it benefits me and my beliefs. I linked a video few pages back when asked about "honoring thy parents" or adulterers, they would serve them and could not give a plausible excuse. Bigotry hiding behind religion at its best.

Quote Originally Posted by Sledfang View Post
    They are not getting the money for being bigots. People support them out of spite for the militant leftists.
    hahaha militant leftists. this is almost as bad as militant atheists who TALK

what the fuck does that make Christians legislating their bigoted morality? terrorists?

Quote Originally Posted by Bags- View Post
    how am i discriminating against anyone

i don't own a business im posting on an internet forum
    Uh... discrimination doesn't have to be face to face, amigo. Pretty sure referring to anyone's holy scripture as "A book of fairy tales" still counts as discrimination in some form just as much as calling someone a "faggot" on the forum for saying they're gay.

At the end of the day the pizza owners are winning the fight, I am sure they have made more in donations then they have all year, nothing but profit with 0 over head, good job to the harassers. Would have been for effective to ignore them and not eat at their establishment

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by looorg View Post
    Who serves pizza at their wedding, gay-wedding or normal.
    I would. Weddings are such a waste of money and are totally unnecessary. You waste $25000 or more on something that lasts a few hours when you couldve paid for 25% of a house with the same money and have something that will last forever.

If I got married (which I doubt because I doubt there is a woman out there that would OK with no sex, sleeping in separate beds, and never leaving the house except to go to work and necessary shopping), but if I did, I would make hot dogs and hamburgers on my grill for the reception. A backyard BBQ!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Do you understand we are all sinners?
    No he doesn't...
    Sin is the curse of mankind in a sense from bible perspective. Cast on us to suffer for Adam and Eve's first sin with the forbidden fruit.
    To make matters more complicated, god is a prankster.... He wants us to get rid of sin all by ourselves. But we aren't supposed to interfere with other sinners.
    We shall not cast judgment, that's a right reserved to Jesus essentially, and carried out on dooms day.
    In other words...
    The bible's teachings aren't that bad at all. One can sum them together in relatively short modern words:

"Don't be a fucking asshole, show some empathy for others, and mind your own damn business."
    "And if you don't follow that simple guideline, don't be surprised when you end up in deep shit one day."

That is, the shortest possible summary of the Bible's entire context.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Would have been for effective to ignore them and not eat at their establishment
    no it would not you ignoramus, look at history, the government had to step in to stop racial discrimination because SURPRISE the free market doesn't give two shits about social issues

Quote Originally Posted by Khuzog View Post
    Uh... discrimination doesn't have to be face to face, amigo. Pretty sure referring to anyone's holy scripture as "A book of fairy tales" still counts as discrimination in some form just as much as calling someone a "faggot" on the forum for saying they're gay.
    the difference is im real and the stories in the bible aren't

i'm not whining about being called a faggot im whining about being discriminated against by businesses, jesus you're dense if you think those two are equatable

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaxi View Post
    This "revenge not justice" mentality is a major problem.
    Well depends on the revenge. Calling this public business out seems fair.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    Good, the place should never habe shut down in the first place. What the fuck mind of moron gets Pizza catered to a wedding anyways?

Not a christian in anyway but the dipshits threatening this place are what's wrong with America, not the shop owners.

no it would not you ignoramus, look at history, the government had to step in to stop racial discrimination because SURPRISE the free market doesn't give two shits about social issues
    This shows me you made an F in history

hahaha militant leftists. this is almost as bad as militant atheists who TALK

what the fuck does that make Christians legislating their bigoted morality? terrorists?
    Depends, if there is physical violence threats than both sides are equally as bad. The left has a growing amount of extremists.

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I would. Weddings are such a waste of money and are totally unnecessary. You waste $25000 or more on something that lasts a few hours when you couldve paid for 25% of a house with the same money and have something that will last forever.
    I would eat so much pizza at a wedding. Almost all the ones I've gone to always serve something fancy that's gone in two bites, and you find out later they paid 40 dollars a plate for it.

The gay wedding I attended they served BBQ from one of the groom's fathers, now that's a goddamn wedding as far as my stomach is concerned.

10+ Year Old Account
    big difference in serving a sinner and being forced to participate in their sin
    sell me your food, and bend over let me give you a hug....

you truly are a fun example for any psychologist.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Well depends on the revenge. Calling this public business out seems fair.
    it's funny, we get told "just boycott them if you don't like them"

and then that happens

and people whine that we're BULLYING them

This thread has gone pretty heavily into sexuality and religious discussions, both of which are off the plate (get it? Pizzaria thread? Nyuk nyuk) for these forums. Going to lock this one down before we go further.