Page 43 of 131 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Molten Core has always reduced the Fury cost of Soul Fire. That's simply a wording change, because it's (for some reason) never been in the tooltip.

10+ Year Old Account
    So is there any thread on the Blizzard forum yet we can complain about the changes yet? I haven't seen one and the fact Blizzard hasn't said anything about them in a couple weeks is very disheartening .

Well, they at least realised 5% damage for pet was awfully low.

Are they on their way to thinking about warlock for 6.2 ? One can dream.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flalia4 View Post
    So is there any thread on the Blizzard forum yet we can complain about the changes yet? I haven't seen one and the fact Blizzard hasn't said anything about them in a couple weeks is very disheartening .
    The better way to get Blizzard to pay attention is NOT to just make threads on the forum and complain, but to actually PLAY on the PTR (so Blizzard can see the numbers in their data) and give constructive feedback about what isn't working and what kind of problems you run into.

That's not saying everything will get fixed, but it's hard for them to take threads with complaints of "Warlocks suck, pls buff" seriously if there's no numbers backing it up or no explanations in game terms on what exactly the problems are.

Example: With telling them "Affliction sucks, fix it." Blizz has little to go on. If you tell them "Affliction is a fun spec, but it's AoE is atrocious, and I simply cannot contribute my fair share of damage when AoE is needed in fights. Seed of Corruption is too slow and it is the ONLY spell I have unless I take Cataclysm, which heavily gimps my single target damage. I feel bad about not being able to do what is a basic requirement in raiding." And you get bonus points in situations like this when you can give Blizzard logs or math underlining the problem.

In short, we CAN get the changes we need, but we need to deliver our complaints in the right way.

So the demo 2pc definitely sounds really strong now that the effect can stack. I'd imagine it will be really annoying since keeping a decent up-time on the buff is totally reliant on MC proc rng but in the end it's probably not going to matter anyways since the initial demo nerfs on the PTR are still too much for anyone to even bother playing the spec in the first place. I'm not sure what to make of the destro 4pc change since it has such a small impact on the CR+GoSac spec due to Incinerate being such a small portion of your damage.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by Pockitt; 2015-05-05 at 10:48 PM.

25% pet damage increase that we can try to maintain nearly 80% of the fight will be quite good, with archimonde trinket we have 3 more fel imp that can proc molten core, with service and servitude we're going to have 2 doomguards buffed by 25%, one other pet with the 4p, we don't know yet how much it's going to deal, it's a 4 peace so it needs to be good, at least 5% of our dps ( I think it's going to be more than that).
    So we need to play with the glyphe of wild imps, to have more molten core procs at the pull, once we have between 3 and 5 molten core procs we summon the servitude doomguard, dark soul and try to maintain the 25% buff as long as possible. pets are going to deal all the damage, and all you do is maintaining the 5 stack buff for them. Nice play, I can wait to become the pet of my pets !

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kornoth View Post
    pets are going to deal all the damage, and all you do is maintaining the 5 stack buff for them. Nice play, I can wait to become the pet of my pets !
    Please don't let that become the narrative. >.<

It's bad enough that they nerfed Demo so much, but if the narrative becomes "lol I'm just a buff bitch for my pets now" I'm going to get so annoyed. Demo has always been a pet spec, if buffing the pet aspect of the spec for 1 tier is going to be used as an excuse as to why Demo is not fun to play then, ugh.

Doesn't really change the playstyle at all. Just makes ServServ do more damage at the cost of a 25% nerf to literally everything.

Having the 3 HoG charges is so nice, gonna suck dick giving that up so my pets can do more damage without much input from me :\

It will be hard to play Demo in general after giving up the T17 4p IMO - it really improved the specs feel and "fun factor". Having a random chance to gain a charge of HoG gives us something to react to and is more engaging.

It would be great if they made it baseline.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    "lol I'm just a buff bitch for my pets now"
    Hey look guys, signature material. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    This, when RoF was a single target increase it was nothing but a pain in the ass and made what otherwise is a very nice and smooth gameplay into a frikkin' annoyance.

Keep your RoF wishes to yourselves people, I only would tolerate it in pure AoE cases and that's it, issue is how you make it viable there without making it also viable in single target.
    By implementing a similar change they did for Warrior's Shockwave back during MoP: allow Rain of Fire (or any other similar spell for that matter) to do full damage only on 3-4+ targets. It's really that simple.

I've also come to the personal conclusion that Rain of Fire ember generation was removed for probably the same reason Ember Tap healing was nerfed: Charred Remains. Charred Remains has to go, bruh.
    "Warlocks are the class that gives

we give all our spells and abilities to other classes"

- Bamboozer, from the Official WoW Warlock Forum

Deleted
    Get rid of the 2 set bonus and revert the 25% damage decrease. My pet already does 45% of my damage on single target, please don't make my pet do 80% of my damage.

It's time to go back to the drawing board and shift more damage to the warlock instead of the pet. having your pet do most of the damage isn't satisfying nor intuitive.

How about summoning another wild imp every x Soul fire casts for our 2 set bonus, or give our shadow bolts a chance to proc a free, instant Soul fire. Shift more of the damage to the warlock instead of the pet.
    Last edited by mmoc1fc9c67d62; 2015-05-06 at 12:59 AM.

http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=124522/f...star&bonus=567

trinkets got buffed for aff/demo nerfed for destruction. might not be right though cause values for other classes are absolutely insane
    Last edited by Jetjaguar; 2015-05-06 at 01:02 AM.

The Lightbringer theostrichsays's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In my douche canoe crossing the Delaware.
    I'm really happy that Affliction and Destruction will be better off in raids, I just hate that Demo PvP will be nerfed.
    But more importantly (sorry if I missed it) is the Felguards running animation improved? I'm looking at it while clearing ICC and the dude is high stepping and trotting the whole way and I've always thought it looked goofy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelhander View Post
    Thank you for mansplaining how opinions work.
    Also you're wrong, the people who agree with you are wrong, and you're probably ugly.
    Ever been so angry at everyone on the internet you tell a woman she is mansplaining?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by theostrichsays View Post
    I'm really happy that Affliction and Destruction will be better off in raids, I just hate that Demo PvP will be nerfed.
    But more importantly (sorry if I missed it) is the Felguards running animation improved? I'm looking at it while clearing ICC and the dude is high stepping and trotting the whole way and I've always thought it looked goofy.
    Yes, It has a new model.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaje View Post
    It will be hard to play Demo in general after giving up the T17 4p IMO - it really improved the specs feel and "fun factor". Having a random chance to gain a charge of HoG gives us something to react to and is more engaging.

It would be great if they made it baseline.
    It really did in all honesty, it made Demo so much more engaging that transitioning will be tough. Maybe not even worth it if a fight requires burst AoE, who knows, but probs not

The Lightbringer theostrichsays's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In my douche canoe crossing the Delaware.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyden View Post
    Yes, It has a new model.
    Well to be fair the female orc running animation is still pretty awful, despite having a new model. Hopefully, you mean just yes in general though that the felguard animation is better though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelhander View Post
    Thank you for mansplaining how opinions work.
    Also you're wrong, the people who agree with you are wrong, and you're probably ugly.
    Ever been so angry at everyone on the internet you tell a woman she is mansplaining?

Quote Originally Posted by Jetjaguar View Post
    http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=124522/f...star&bonus=567

trinkets got buffed for aff/demo nerfed for destruction. might not be right though cause values for other classes are absolutely insane
    So the trinket for Affliction, I'm confused the reduced DoT duration...will they just be shorter DoTs that tick much faster?

Deleted
    I am not surprised it is nerfed for destruction, the value of 20% crit really cannot be underestimated, even at 15% on heroic (as the difference is quite small between them honestly) is still hella powerful, but i guess thats the point.

10+ Year Old Account
    christ... they just reintroduced the original demonbolt in the form of this 2 pc. -.- Didnt this get dumped in the first stages of mop alpha, because they realized they didnt like having the pet do all the damage? So they went back to this garbage? Did they really just brought it back in this bastardized form? My god, they have retarded devs working for them.

so our single target will rely on rn-jesus, and if we cannot keep those stacks at 5 for the entire fight, our dps just bombs... great. Think I wish the dev that thought of this get colon and breast cancer.

Infracted. Wishing cancer on people is NEVER allright.
    Last edited by xskarma; 2015-05-06 at 04:29 AM.