Page 1 of 12
... LastLast
    Deleted

Brewmasters nerfs

Monk
    General
    Blackout Kick now deals 30% less damage.
    Provoke now has a 30 yard range (down from 40 yards).
    Tiger Palm now deals 30% less damage.

Blackout Kick no longer increases the Stagger amount for Brewmaster Monks.
    Stance of the Sturdy Ox now increases armor by 125% (up from 75%) and provides a 10% base Stagger percentage. Additionally, the Stagger effect no longer works against attacks which ignore armor.
    Serenity now lasts 5 seconds for Brewmaster Monks (down from 10 seconds).
    So how do you feel about that? I feel like this is way overkill, it's 30% less stagger(-20% baseline and -10% from blackout kick) for slightly more armor, and a non needed damage nerf, will brewmasters go from the best tanks to terrible tanks or am I missing something?

10+ Year Old Account
    It's funny, reading the patch notes I was almost considering coming back to WoW, dusting off my old Brewmaster.

Then I saw the Blackout Kick changes, laughed a bit, cried and bit and went back to playing any game that ISN'T wow
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

I'm not one to be overly... doomsdayey about stuff and I appreciate that brewmasters are pretty OP right now, but I'm not sure if a 60% buff to baseline armor is going to help mitigate the fact that we're losing 30% stagger... 5280 rating's worth of mastery.

That and a significant nerf to our damage output is going to be brutal if this makes it live.

Quote Originally Posted by The Madgod View Post
    I'm not one to be overly... doomsdayey about stuff and I appreciate that brewmasters are pretty OP right now, but I'm not sure if a 60% buff to baseline armor is going to help mitigate the fact that we're losing 30% stagger... 5280 rating's worth of mastery.

That and a significant nerf to our damage output is going to be brutal if this makes it live.
    might as well always take chix and never bother to purify again. engaging gameplay.

I'm hoping that the notes are just unclear and the 30% reduction to BoK and TP are WW only. We'll have to do some math on the stagger/armor changes, but the DPS nerfs are brutal.

Deleted
    Brewmasters are just exploding with gear, the nerf was desperately needed. Plus the nerf is not even that hard, we're gonna be fine.

I think you're reading it wrong; stagger is baseline 30% split to stagger dot, 70% instantly.

they reworked blackout kick's shuffle into a baseline bonus 10% stagger to stance, effectively free chi and lvl 100 talents.

A similar thing was done with shamans and riptides (albiet, less freeing, and more...wtf lower skillcap).

At least that's how I think its done

Because a 5k mastery nerf is insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Ggtbot View Post
    I think you're reading it wrong; stagger is baseline 30% split to stagger dot, 70% instantly.

they reworked blackout kick's shuffle into a baseline bonus 10% stagger to stance, effectively free chi and lvl 100 talents.

A similar thing was done with shamans and riptides (albiet, less freeing, and more...wtf lower skillcap).

At least that's how I think its done

Because a 5k mastery nerf is insane.
    HOPEFULLY that is the case and we're all simply reading it wrong, but typically Blizzard is pretty decent with their wording. I'll poke @WarcraftDevs about it.

Deleted
    The 10% were not added, just checked on the ptr. It's really a 30% stagger nerf.

Welp. That's an excessively painful nerf.

They didn't even go that far in the tank squish.

Quote Originally Posted by The Madgod View Post
    Welp. That's an excessively painful nerf.

They didn't even go that far in the tank squish.
    basically dps stats and chiex all the time. forget purify. may work, but we arent monks anymore really.

Deleted
    Hooray! Now maybe tank stacking will be over?

brewmaster?? fuck tank, WW are so nerf now... WTF !!!!!

RiP Brew;s

Totally.

Fkn.

Rip.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyuben View Post
    Hooray! Now maybe tank stacking will be over?

nah, now you stack bears and dks

Quote Originally Posted by evtanking View Post
    Monk
    General
    Blackout Kick now deals 30% less damage.
    Provoke now has a 30 yard range (down from 40 yards).
    Tiger Palm now deals 30% less damage.

Blackout Kick no longer increases the Stagger amount for Brewmaster Monks.
    Stance of the Sturdy Ox now increases armor by 125% (up from 75%) and provides a 10% base Stagger percentage. Additionally, the Stagger effect no longer works against attacks which ignore armor.
    Serenity now lasts 5 seconds for Brewmaster Monks (down from 10 seconds).
    The worst part....

Quote Originally Posted by Densalo View Post
    The worst part....
    No, that part was actually smart. It's the rest that is bullshit and overnerfing.

I was expecting a nerf to Guard.

This is just something different. Its just terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    No, that part was actually smart. It's the rest that is bullshit and overnerfing.

Well ok let me rephrase, that's the part that we'll probably feel the most. I do agree it was probably the most needed to bring us in line.

Aah the Blizzard balance pendulum... perpetually swinging classes between OP and bearly viable.