Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Mythic dungeons.

On the front page, it seems they are adding a new difficulty of dungeons to wow, mythic dungeons. Now, the info on them is slim atm, but what we do know is that they are on a weekly lockout and drop 680ilevel gear, the equivalent of brf heroic ilevel with a max ilevel of 700 or brf mythic level. Now, I remember back in cata how new dungeons worked in that we would get a actual entire dungeon new with decent gear for catching up.

What are your thoughts on this? Will you use mythic dungeons?

Personally, I wont. It wouldn't be worth it to me to go into harder five mans for gear that is worse then current heroic gear.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Brf heroic is 685, but yeah close enough. I'll probably do them on my alts, something else to do.

I might on alts, but not on my main.

Mythic dungeons aren't intended for raiders who are full-clearing Blackrock Foundry Heroic. They're clearly made for people who don't raid beyond LFR.
    Ixila of Forgotten Aspects - US Hyjal 13/13 Mythic Hellfire Citadel
    My YouTube kill vids!
    Ixila - Holy Paladin - Armory | Ixtide - Resto Shaman - Armory

Mythic loot is 725 datamined, so heroic would be 710 and normal 695 LFR 680.

Basically the mythic dungeon loots are dogshit.
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

Mythic dungeon loot is going to be about normal tier 18 quality loot.

Deleted
    But it will be an awesome catch up mechanic for alts, and will keep the dungeons being somehow relevant.

Deleted
    As long as it doesn't have CM-like timer, its a good idea. It gives something to do for small groups.

Well, what's to design?

a) three new instances with catch-up loot
    b) push difficulty of old instance with catch-up loot

So stupid. Pretty sure you won't be able to run mythic dungeons with LFD first week (not because of difficulty but because of not being implemented).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PrairieChicken View Post
    Mythic loot is 725 datamined, so heroic would be 710 and normal 695 LFR 680.

Basically the mythic dungeon loots are dogshit.
    So...

By doing a 5 man you have a chance of getting loot better than not just LFR raiding but normal raiding.

And the loot is "dog shit".

So the only way your going to be happy is if you walk into a 5 man and it showers you with mythic raid (725) loot?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pichuca View Post
    But it will be an awesome catch up mechanic for alts, and will keep the dungeons being somehow relevant.
    No, it wont IC Lfr gives 680.

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    No, it wont IC Lfr gives 680.

This is for people who don't want to do LFR and raiding in general. You get decent gear for the effort you put in.

10+ Year Old Account
    So this is just Mythic versions of the old dungeons?

So this is just a lazy way of not giving us new dungeons?

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    No - I think it is the old dungeons in Timeless difficulty

I suspect you will scale to the dungeon, not the dungeon scale up to you.

Mythic Dungeons are on a weekly lockout, and drop gear that's item level 680 with a chance for boss at the end to drop loot that's item level 700.
    From the wording, my guess is that the last boss has a chance to make his loot 700 in place of 680, sort of like warforged. So with enough luck and time, you can get almost full 700 ilvl from these.

Deleted
    Gonna make some nice cash with sell runs

Deleted

P. much. Kinda lame.

Deleted
    Make it 685 (brf hc level) and it's fine.
    And they should add a mount/title reward for completing all mythic dungeons.

I think it is pretty interesting as an alternate gearing path for those who don't want to do organized raiding and/or catch up mechanic for alts, raiders late to the party, etc. RIP HM and sub Heroic BRF though I suppose. Good way to (potentially) fill in some holes from week to week to get you ready for the new raid.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Koenigstiger View Post
    Make it 685 (brf hc level) and it's fine.
    And they should add a mount/title reward for completing all mythic dungeons.
    If they are difficult enough, sure.

Not if they are tuned like LFR.

pro
    or they could have done fuck all with dungeons as they did in Mists. but then we would have QQ of them doing nothing for 5man/small group content. this is for people who love dungeons or want to have some sort or power progress that dont want to raid or do LFR and also gives additional paths to gear for alts. as for the guy who said the loot was dogshit, they could probably design dungeons that have a womans head pop out of your desk and give you a blowie while you play the dungeon while every mob dropped BiS mythic level loot and it wouldnt be good enough.