Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    People are such fucking hypocrites. Cats are put down all the time, most people eat large quantities of meat, but kill one feral cat with a bow and kiss your career goodbye.

We as a species are supposed to be humane is the point. We also hold Cats and Dogs to a higher level of sentient than other animals. While the cat in question might or might not be feral, the idea of a veterinarian not trapping and euthanizing it is absurd. There are state programs that even pay for spay/neutering of feral animals...yet another option open to this vet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    As near as I can tell, liking to run a lot isn't quite the same as literally dehumanizing people. We have people in this thread claiming that they would sooner that humans die than their cat. That's awful.
    I don't have to dehumanize those people, if I could save a stranger I would do it, same as I would try and help a child in need. I sure as hell wouldn't risk something I hold dear and important or lose it to help someone who has no connection or relationship with me whatsoever and will forget about me and never care again causing myself harm and loss in the process.

Hell that already happens even when nobody but another human is involved, there was a guy who jumped in to save a drowning child, he did so and got himself in trouble. Nobody helped him, the family of the child left the moment he managed to get the child to the father who dragged it out. When later asked then it was because "it wasn't their problem" and "he was a stranger". He drowned to save their child and it didn't bother them, they didn't even try to help him when they could probably have saved him.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiili Mooneye View Post
    Yeah, this can't be healthy at all.
    Weird, I think the same way about you. To the point that I'd rather not let you stay around children or anyone who isn't capable of defending themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Was it fucked up and wrong of her? Yes. Animal cruelty? Yes.

But people get too upset over things like this. So upset, that they pretty much want the persons life destroyed - which is ridiculous itself.
    How so? She brought this upon herself. She cruelly killed an animal she knew was her neighbours pet, she then went on to brag about it on facebook thinking there would be no consequences whatsoever even calling herself "awesome". That when her job is to help and care for animals. She now feels the backlash of her own actions and has to suffer for her stupidity.

7+ Year Old Account
    So much polarization in this thread. From "SHE DID NOTHING WRONG!!!" to "I'LL KILL HER MYSELF!!!" this place just keeps jumping sharks.
    Weird Al - I never feed trolls and I don't read spam
    Galen Hallcyon - The internet has shown us that everyone is a fuckin' moron.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beery Swine View Post
    So much polarization in this thread. From "SHE DID NOTHING WRONG!!!" to "I'LL KILL HER MYSELF!!!" this place just keeps jumping sharks.
    Both those extremes are stupid lets face it, firstly she broke the law, broke her oath as a vet, killed a persons cat and was a muppet for posting what she did, so the first group are dumbasses and secondly, harming a human being retrospectivly for harming an animal is pathetic, sure in the moment if someone kicked my dog I'd probably get in a tussle, but if I heard someone kicked my dog I'd call the RSPCA or something, so the second lot are dumbasses.

I'm in the middle, I love that her life is being destroyed right now, but hopefully she'll learn her lesson and get on with a new direction.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Weird, I think the same way about you. To the point that I'd rather not let you stay around children or anyone who isn't capable of defending themselves.
    Based on the fact that I think pets aren't as valuable as humans? Yeah, I'm totally a threat to children based on that.

Deleted
    Based on some of your comments, the views you hold, your lack of empathy or even understanding of why people grow attached to a pet they had for possibly decades that lived with them all the time, based on how you handwave any harm inflicted on such a pet as "non issue", based on some of the comparisons you make and most of all based on how you declare anything differing from your point of view as "unhealthy" and "deviant".

Deleted
    I don't see how it's cruel, was it in agony when it died?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Based on some of your comments, the views you hold, your lack of empathy or even understanding of why people grow attached to a pet they had for possibly decades that lived with them all the time, based on how you handwave any harm inflicted on such a pet as "non issue", based on some of the comparisons you make and most of all based on how you declare anything differing from your point of view as "unhealthy" and "deviant".
    Yes, my views totally would make me hurt kids.

I don't have a lack of empathy either.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiili Mooneye View Post
    Yes, my views totally would make me hurt kids.
    More like the entire package and not just kids, basically things that can't fight back and are weaker than you.
    I don't have a lack of empathy either.
    I disagree.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felfury View Post
    I don't see how it's cruel, was it in agony when it died?
    This is the problem, when animal cruelty comes down to whether it was a good shot or not, not whether an animal had its life needlesly taken for no reason.