It doesn't look like anything. Another youtuber making a click bait video, those should really be banned in this thread, at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    I'm not sure if this has been said but it looks like nx is going to be another Wii.

Haven't they learned from the Wii U? Being this late to the game but not wowing people with power, when people are talking about the ps 4.5.
    I'm 3 minutes in and I'm regretting this already. He's trying to overanalyze and sound smart by picking apart a few very vague, generic comments from executives that, at most, reinforce that the NX isn't going to have a ton of horsepower but will have a gimmick. SHOCKING NEWS! And the guy already wants the gimmick, whatever it is, despite knowing nothing about it. That's smart.

Who the fuck is this guy? I couldn't even get through the bloody video.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Guy has that fake NX controller that was made with the 3D printer on his preview image. That alone says all you need to know about him and the potential quality of the video behind it.

It's funny how we basically know jack shit about the system, but people are still trying to make statements about "what we know about the system".

Let me sum up what we know about the system.

March release date.
    Zelda will come out on the system(though not listed as a launch title)
    Dragon Quest, Just Dance and a few other small project 3rd party games officially confirmed to be on it.

That's it. That's what we know about the NX. Stop with the click bait for the love of God.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    That's it. That's what we know about the NX. Stop with the click bait for the love of God.
    Hey, don't forget that we've had generic, "We're excited about the system/want to support it." comments from various publishers who are keeping their options open/not pissing off Nintendo in case the NX ends up being a hit.

Because those kinds of vague, generic comments ahead of a consoles launch (or even reveal) are super duper meaningful.

I found him annoying too.

Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    I found him annoying too.
    See, him being annoying bothered me less than what he was saying being stupid.

Can anyone really explain to me why the NX is so hated? Granted, it's going to be a Nintendo product as always with all the consequences - but since it's exactly that, why it's different from Wii and all the things before it (i don't mention Wii U because the less it's remebered, the better).

Honestly, i cannot care less about graphics and comparison between consoles, and i don't have hardons on teraflops.

EDIT: not saying there are not valid solutions to hate it. To each his own. To me, if it's reasonably prices and has a good lineup of games, it's good enough. For the same reason i never bought a console after playstation, since to me they look all overpriced as hell for a bunch of games that i don't like, and for the rest i have a PC. I got a Wii from my GF which i promptly "modified"
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2016-06-28 at 07:47 AM.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Can anyone really explain to me why the NX is so hated? Granted, it's going to be a Nintendo product as always with all the consequences - but since it's exactly that, why it's different from Wii and all the things before it (i don't mention Wii U because the less it's remebered, the better).
    Simply put, Nintendo as a hardware maker is on it's last legs. People who have played Nintendo since they were wee lads are starting to move towards frustration to outright disdain. I have owned every single Nintendo system since the first one came out in the west. I've enjoyed them gradually less and less each iteration. Meanwhile, their IPs have still remained some of the most enjoyable.

I don't like starting that whole 'debate', but Nintendo to me has only delivered a great handheld experience and has failed us since the gamecube on consoles. The Wii was 'ok' to me, despite its strong sales, which is sorta proven by the fact that even with strong sales it didn't develop a culture around owning their consoles and supporting them 100%.

Handheld gaming still has a niche space for pokemon, Mario, etc, but real consoles need to have the power to deliver games like Witcher 3, Destiny, and newer top end performance games. If they cannot make a console like that, then rely on the strength of their IPs to move units, then they need to gracefully bow out and just give us Zelda and Mario on PS4/Xbone.

Many of us want to see the next gen versions of these games, but they just won't do it. As much as we'll all probably play and love Zelda, would we have enjoyed it more if it looked like Horizon: Zero Dawn? Maybe. At this point I just play the same old games, like Mario Sunshine and Mario 64 over and over if I play Nintendo. When I think about buying games for the WiiU? It makes me feel like throwing money in an incinerator. I just don't see any value in it.

As much as my wife has enjoyed the 2-3 games we got on the WiiU, two of which are Zelda remakes, it feels like the biggest waste of money I've ever had in my life. I don't want to repeat that with the NX, which is what it sounds like is going to happen.
    BAD WOLF

Next step: Pokemon VR. That will be amazing.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1240173

Nintendo Technology Development looking for Software Engineers experienced in Unreal Engine 4.

Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post

Nintendo Technology Development looking for Software Engineers experienced in Unreal Engine 4.
    They're looking for software engineers and put that it would be a plus if you worked with "a modern game engine such as UE4".

They're not specifically looking for people with experience in UE4, but people with experience coding for modern games. Which is kind of a no shit sherlock and non news.

Epic will be the ones to port UE4 to NX, not Nintendo and Nintendo will always use their in house engines for any first party project. Not sure what you or the neogaf thread is trying to prove with this...
    Last edited by Tech614; 2016-06-29 at 12:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post

Nintendo posts generic job listing, Neogaf acts like Neogaf in response.

Hooray! : D

Neogaf:

Nintendo saying working with UE4 a plus!

KH3 is being made on UE4!

KH3 on NX confirmed!

It's almost like the halflife 3 memes.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't even see the NX being capable of running Unreal Engine 4. Modern engine code is so vague though, but Nintendo uses their own for the majority of their own games anyway so I don't know if being familiar with modern code like UE4 (which is fairly new iirc), matters if the games that Nintendo is making use their own proprietary engines.

I guess we will wait and see, all in due time.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    I don't even see the NX being capable of running Unreal Engine 4.
    The hell, UE4 is running on phones and tablets. Are you serious right now?

http://nintendoeverything.com/uniqlo...ntendo-themes/

UNIQLO is holding a Nintendo themed t-shirt contest with the Grand and Second prize winners receiving a Miyamoto signed NX.

- - - Updated - - -

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1241602

According to this translated list, Nintendo won't be at the Tokyo Game Show. So, don't expect a public appearance of the NX.

As if MMO-champ doesn't do similar things. :P

http://gamerant.com/pikmin-4-update-miyamoto/

Miyamoto on Pikmin 4.

Yes, you are right, and we’re working on [Pikmin 4]. So, you know, when we’re in development we have to create a list of priorities and it has been hard to kind of fit that into that list, but we’re hopefully starting to see that on the list now.

i fully believe pikmin 4 is done and theyre sitting on it for nx.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    i fully believe pikmin 4 is done and theyre sitting on it for nx.
    Well yea. If it wasn't it would of been announced already much like the anticipated, unwanted, color splash
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.