Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Nintendos current 3rd party support is terrible right now, consisting of games from YEARS ago mainly because everyone is waiting to see if the switch will be good or not.
    Urgh, yeah I feared as much. So this would be another leap of faith.. kinda sad. Hoping for it to become a smash hit is definitely not an option. If it was at least the new "asia shit" console, but that still leaves the question if games actually make it over here to the west (and the EU in particular in my case), let alone people actually developing for it. I guess I'll wait with others and see if Nintendo's latest still birth at least twitches once or twice. I better invest these 300 bucks into a better processor for my next laptop.

Quote Originally Posted by Maconi View Post
    I

The Switch lacks that for a long time (exclusive games worth playing). Zelda BoTW can be played on the Wii U and Mario Kart is a re-release with a few extra features. The only 2 "system sellers" I see this year are possibly Splatoon 2 and Super Mario Odyssey.
    Mah the Wii U is dead, Nintendo said a few days ago that they themselves will stop developing games for the Wii U and that Zelda is their last release. Outside of Nintendo you won't have many other developers supporting that thing so Zelda will be the last new game you will play.

Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    Mah the Wii U is dead, Nintendo said a few days ago that they themselves will stop developing games for the Wii U and that Zelda is their last release. Outside of Nintendo you won't have many other developers supporting that thing so Zelda will be the last new game you will play.
    The Wii U being dead doesn't mean people are going to rush out to buy the Switch though.

Quote Originally Posted by Hououin Kyouma View Post
    The Wii U being dead doesn't mean people are going to rush out to buy the Switch though.
    Ofc they won't but at the very least their is no point in sticking with the Wii U since judging but what I can find online you will see less then a handfull games being released between now and Q2

Ofc they won't but at the very least their is no point in sticking with the Wii U since judging but what I can find online you will see less then a handfull games being released between now and Q2
    That's true, but one can say the same about the Switch at the moment.

The issue is if BotW is a huge reason to get the Switch right now, you might as well just get it for the Wii U if you have it already. The Switch needs more than what it offers at the moment.

The point seems to be going over your head.

No one is arguing the Wii U is a very alive console.

People are saying there is very minimal incentives to Wii U owners to go out and buy a Switch, and it will stay that way for months after launch.

Deleted
    Kinda digg the Switch as the new Portable. Nothing better then to lay on the veranda, take a sunbath and play some good Nintendo games . Worth the money, for me. Could not care less about the financial success, just hope that there will be plenty of VC Titles, and plenty of Nintendo Titles.

just hope that there will be plenty of VC Titles, and plenty of Nintendo Titles.
    at launch or launch year?

no

give it like 2-3 years like the wiiU and maybe it'll have a decent library by then.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by Hououin Kyouma View Post
    I'd say the Wii U also having Zelda means people are going to buy it on that console rather than shell out hundreds of pounds for a console that can only play one game.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Deleted
    at launch or launch year?

no

give it like 2-3 years like the wiiU and maybe it'll have a decent library by then.
    Good enough for me. The new Zelda will keep me occupied till fall at least, together with the VC Titles. Mario Kart along the way is also nice. I don't buy more than 3 full game titles per year anyway, don't have so much time to play every week.

i just finished the ub missions on sun and i still need to finish my gen 7 living dex i currently have 80 hours played ill easily get 100 hours out of zelda and i usually play my 3ds only during breaks and lunch by the time im done with zelda ill have arms or splatoon to play unless sunshine is on vc then ill buy that too.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    I'd say the Wii U also having Zelda means people are going to buy it on that console rather than shell out hundreds of pounds for a console that can only play one game.
    I'm less sure. Keep in mind that Nintendo actually did cease Wii U production not too long ago. Because of that, the people that don't have one and want to play Zelda would have to get a Switch if Wii U stocks are low. Besides, a refurbed 32 GB Wii U from GameStop will run you $250 (Amazon - $275, Walmart - $300). Only $50 more for a "new" console? That's portable too? People will just naturally pick up a Switch. Even if you're a hardcore, if you don't already own a Wii U, the fact that the Switch runs Zelda at a higher resolution would probably clinch it for picking up a Switch (not that a true hardcore gamer would pick up a Switch for just one game). Yes, having Zelda on the Wii U will cannibalize some Switch sales, I just don't think it'll be that many since the Wii U didn't sell that well to begin with. I think it's more likely people will just pass on the console altogether until it gets more must-have games (as in, more than I can count on one hand) or an aggressive price drop (ala 3DS). It certainly doesn't help the Switch though.
    Girls are a hoax created by the Japanese anime industry to scam otaku out of their money.

The thing is - "old timer" complay, while casual old timers are really happy, just like a new genre of players at which this console is aimed at So it's a win-win mode for the Nintendo. When I gave it a few minutes of thoughts and considered the needs of the people I know I have to say casuals will enjoy this Switch
    Last edited by Slaughty8; 2017-01-22 at 07:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Truhan View Post
    I'm less sure. Keep in mind that Nintendo actually did cease Wii U production not too long ago. Because of that, the people that don't have one and want to play Zelda would have to get a Switch if Wii U stocks are low.
    I don't think he was saying people that don't already own a Wii U are going to buy one to play Zelda. That would be quite pointless as chances of getting a Wii U for much cheaper then the Switch is slim to none unless you're buying preowned, and even then you're only saving $50 a most probably.

The Wii U still has a 13+ mil install base, which will dwarf the Switch for months yet if not the entire year. The question is how many of those 13 mil Wii U owners are going to go out and buy a Switch to play Zelda. Probably only the same people who bought the Wii U at launch for the most part... I wouldn't expect Switch install base to really start growing until Splatoon(in Japan) and Mario(in the west).

I think people are in for quite a surprise come NPD/Mediacreate for March. I would expect both versions of Zelda to be neck and neck in sales, if not Wii U version being slightly ahead. I think people often forget TP even releasing a month later on the GC stayed ahead of the Wii version for a good 6 months. People where buying the Wii in droves to play Wii Sports, and Zelda fans where content playing it on Gamecube... and that was again with the gamecube version being delayed 3 weeks.

This is of course besides the entire point that Zelda has never been some sales monster in the first place. Compared to Smash, Mario Kart and Mario, Zelda has always been a 4th wheel as a console seller. Considering Smash and Mario Kart weren't enough to sell the Wii U, I don't think Zelda is enough to sustain the Switch. Splatoon is still a developing fan base outside of Japan. SMO better literally be the tits and on par with Mario 64 from a mind blowing stand point or I do fear for Nintendo's financial report next spring. Good games aren't enough to sell a system anymore, or else the Vita and Wii U wouldn't be complete failures(both have the 2 highest average metacritics of any current gen hardware FWIW). You need something revolutionary that gets everyone talking, not just core gamers.

- - - Updated - - -

So about that Resident Evil 7...

http://www.express.co.uk/entertainme...se-date-review

Just yet another thing pointing out how full of shit the "leakers" where. But people will still listen to Emily, Laura and Liam like they have actual connections when they actually just throw shit at the wall. They're all hack jobs, better yet let's not forget the biggest hack of them all "SuperMetalDave".
    Last edited by Tech614; 2017-01-22 at 08:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I don't think he was saying people that don't already own a Wii U are going to buy one to play Zelda. That would be quite pointless as chances of getting a Wii U for much cheaper then the Switch is slim to none unless you're buying preowned, and even then you're only saving $50 a most probably.

The Wii U still has a 13+ mil install base, which will dwarf the Switch for months yet if not the entire year. The question is how many of those 13 mil Wii U owners are going to go out and buy a Switch to play Zelda. Probably only the same people who bought the Wii U at launch for the most part... I wouldn't expect Switch install base to really start growing until Splatoon(in Japan) and Mario(in the west).

I think people are in for quite a surprise come NPD/Mediacreate for March. I would expect both versions of Zelda to be neck and neck in sales, if not Wii U version being slightly ahead. I think people often forget TP even releasing a month later on the GC stayed ahead of the Wii version for a good 6 months. People where buying the Wii in droves to play Wii Sports, and Zelda fans where content playing it on Gamecube... and that was again with the gamecube version being delayed 3 weeks.

This is of course besides the entire point that Zelda has never been some sales monster in the first place. Compared to Smash, Mario Kart and Mario, Zelda has always been a 4th wheel as a console seller. Considering Smash and Mario Kart weren't enough to sell the Wii U, I don't think Zelda is enough to sustain the Switch. Splatoon is still a developing fan base outside of Japan. SMO better literally be the tits and on par with Mario 64 from a mind blowing stand point or I do fear for Nintendo's financial report next spring. Good games aren't enough to sell a system anymore, or else the Vita and Wii U wouldn't be complete failures(both have the 2 highest average metacritics of any current gen hardware FWIW). You need something revolutionary that gets everyone talking, not just core gamers.

- - - Updated - - -

So about that Resident Evil 7...

http://www.express.co.uk/entertainme...se-date-review

Just yet another thing pointing out how full of shit the "leakers" where. But people will still listen to Emily, Laura and Liam like they have actual connections when they actually just throw shit at the wall. They're all hack jobs, better yet let's not forget the biggest hack of them all "SuperMetalDave".
    it was obe1 who leaked resident evil 7 and he said in the video capcom was having trouble getting the game to run on the switch and it was planned to release when the switch vr comes out which is a year at the least away of course they arent going to announce plans for a game that might not even run on the hardware that wouldnt even come out for another year anyways

- - - Updated - - -

also, never as far as i know has anyone in this thread ever supported super metal dave.
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

there is no switch VR, those "VR leaks" were just for the joycons censor thing

nintendo even stated VR isn't on the table yet and you expect them to make VR equipment in one year and games to go with it?

you crazy
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

nintendo even stated VR isn't on the table yet and you expect them to make VR equipment in one year and games to go with it?

you crazy
    It's hilarious how Immitis and John still try to cling to the leakers like they had any real inside knowledge and just weren't guessing based off known quantities.

Leakers are legit tho, that's why the dock has a cooling system(oh wait it doesn't) Smash 4 port in launch window(oh wait not even announced yet) Splatoon port at launch(oh wait it's a sequel in the summer) Zelda isn't launch, oh wait it is launch only in NA... oh wait... Mario is launch... Mario Rabbids RPG LUL... Resident Evil 7 on Switch VR! Dark Souls 3 is running on the Switch!

Meanwhile shit like 1-2 Switch and ARMS weren't leaked by anyone LUL.

Did you have Emily crying "but I was the first to leak Paper Mario on Wii U! sometimes you get stuff wrong!". She was the first person to leak Paper Mario on Wii U and not the IS developer putting it on his resume a year before she said jack shit about it.

Let alone Laura crying "the stress of leaking stuff is hurting me". Or Liam "shovel knight is in smash" himself.

The lulz train is almost never ending.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2017-01-22 at 10:03 PM.

you crazy
    no, they were trademarks from nintendo to put the switch into a headset like gear vr. had nothing to do with joycons.

i said a year because resident evil 7 is exclusive to psvr for a year it wont be coming to vive or oculus for atleast 12 months after release.

a gear vr type headset for switch should be very cheap and easy to make. from the trademarks and the leaks its literally just a case you put on your head that also allows you to connect the switch to power while undocked so that it can overclock, it wouldnt be anywhere near the fidelity of psvr which is already shitty compared to vive and oculus.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    It's hilarious how Immitis and John still try to cling to the leakers like they had any real inside knowledge and just weren't guessing based off known quantities.
    when they are consistently shown to be right yes. the major thing that hasnt happened yet is a port of mother 3.

- - - Updated - - -

this trademark comes directly from nintendo

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    when they are consistently shown to be right yes. the major thing that hasnt happened yet is a port of mother 3.
    What where they right about again?

The only things they where right about was changing their tune on Zelda and Splatoon TWO DAYS before the presentation because a guy setting up the stage for Nintendo leaked the entire thing on 4chan.

Yes, the only leaker with any reliability was a Japanese stage manager on 4Chan 2 days before the event happened.

Still waiting on Beyond Good and Evil 2 CGI trailer bruh.

you crazy
    Seeing how VR is a giant processing power drain on the hardware I don't see them honestly considering VR for the switch at all.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2017-01-22 at 10:12 PM.