Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    2018 might be better, but a lot of it hinges on whether Square Enix pulls their own dicks, which are firmly implanted in their own ears, out and listens to the fucking fans. How long has Dragon Quest 10 been out in Japan? 8 years or so? Yay, another port. What about 11? 3 or 4 years now on the 3DS and PS4 in Japan only. Yay, another port. How about a new game Square? Rather than a port of an out dated game, you get off your asses and make us a new game? God forbid you couldn't be bothered to fucking translate the majority of the games and it took you 4 years to bring out the remake of 7 to the west, whenit launched in Japan in the first year of the 3DS's existence, and 8 was out only a year or two after, not to mention 3 god damn Monsters games, one of which finally got a fan translation because you wouldn't listen to the fans who wanted to buy it, so they had to either import it or pirate it.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    2018 might be better, but a lot of it hinges on whether Square Enix pulls their own dicks, which are firmly implanted in their own ears, out and listens to the fucking fans. How long has Dragon Quest 10 been out in Japan? 8 years or so? Yay, another port. What about 11? 3 or 4 years now on the 3DS and PS4 in Japan only. Yay, another port. How about a new game Square? Rather than a port of an out dated game, you get off your asses and make us a new game? God forbid you couldn't be bothered to fucking translate the majority of the games and it took you 4 years to bring out the remake of 7 to the west, whenit launched in Japan in the first year of the 3DS's existence, and 8 was out only a year or two after, not to mention 3 god damn Monsters games, one of which finally got a fan translation because you wouldn't listen to the fans who wanted to buy it, so they had to either import it or pirate it.
    I mean, Square-Enix has given Nintendo handhelds a steady stream of exclusives and already promised the Nintendo Switch 3 RPGs, one of which is an exclusive, but yeah let's dwell on a bunch of DQ titles that sell badly in the west

Also, DQ11 isn't out yet in Japan even now, never mind 3-4 years ago

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattleya View Post
    I mean, Square-Enix has given Nintendo handhelds a steady stream of exclusives and already promised the Nintendo Switch 3 RPGs, one of which is an exclusive, but yeah let's dwell on a bunch of DQ titles that sell badly in the west

I'm just worried the down rez on DQ11 from PS4 to switch may be too noticeable to ignore. I'd argue 'but it's portable' but I'm not gonna take a massive sprawling JRPG on the go, I'm gonna sit in my living room and gremlin that shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Cattleya View Post

Ehhhh, DQX is an MMO, I ain't paying for a sub AND Nintendo's online. I'm not so sure that Octopath is an exclusive, it looks like a mobile game.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    I own almost none of the games on the list. I haven't owned a Nintendo console since gamecube that i actually played other than my 3ds. So games like Mario Kart are new to me. I also want Minecraft for on the go. Its fun every now and again. It needs to be no more than 29.99 though or I wont buy it. Even the ps4 version is 20 dollars so I see no reason for it to be 60.

- - - Updated - - -

I want

Zelda
    Binding of Isaac
    I am Setsuna

Snipperclips
    Fast RMX
    Hasbeen Heroes
    Mario Kart 8
    Shovel Knight
    Rime
    Arms
    Sonic Mania
    Lego City
    Splatoon 2
    Skyrim
    Mario
    Project Sonic
    Minecraft
    Minecraft Storymode

Xenoblade 2
    Yooka Laylee
    DBZ
    Rayman
    Stardew Valley
    Of those, you can get 9 of them for your PC right now. And everyone (including me) will recommend you stay far, far away from Xenoverse 2. The support for the game has been abysmal and the community died fast because of it. I'm not telling you to not get them for the Switch instead, just be sure to check out videos/reviews of the games to make sure you actually WANT and will play them before you get them for your Switch, you don't wanna end up with a Xenoverse 2 collecting dust unless you're a hardcore fan of Dragon Ball. Setsuna, for example, is extremely linear for a throwback JRPG and Skyrim might have none of the DLC.
    Last edited by Truhan; 2017-01-24 at 02:14 AM.
    Girls are a hoax created by the Japanese anime industry to scam otaku out of their money.

I like dragon quest but it just isn't very big here
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Truhan View Post
    Of those, you can get 9 of them for your PC right now.
    Not to mention that you can get most of them on PS4 right now, which has better graphics and already reduced prices on most of it.
    BAD WOLF

i wonder since the dragonquest games are only getting a japan release if they will add english subtitles as an option since the switch isn't region locked

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Not to mention that you can get most of them on PS4 right now, which has better graphics and already reduced prices on most of it.
    hey $60 for old version of skyrim yall
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by OGXanos View Post
    I'm just worried the down rez on DQ11 from PS4 to switch may be too noticeable to ignore. I'd argue 'but it's portable' but I'm not gonna take a massive sprawling JRPG on the go, I'm gonna sit in my living room and gremlin that shit.
    Switch ain't getting the PS4 version of DQXI... it's getting an up port of the 3DS version. Notice how only the PS4 version is noted as running on unreal 4 and not the switch version...

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Switch ain't getting the PS4 version of DQXI... it's getting an up port of the 3DS version. Notice how only the PS4 version is noted as running on unreal 4 and not the switch version...
    Well, that's just hilarious. I'd also like to remind him that DQ X/XI are NOT confirmed for America yet, so you better get to work on your nihongo if you plan to import it.
    Girls are a hoax created by the Japanese anime industry to scam otaku out of their money.

Quote Originally Posted by stellvia View Post
    Tokyo RPG Factory was given minimal funding to placate the crowd that was asking for traditional JRPGs while they powered forward into Interactive Movie-land with the main FF series. It was basically a test game to see if there was still a market for it IMHO. Assuming its considered successful, we should see later titles with a better budget. Unfortunately, Tokyo RPG Factory saw a modest loss for the year of ~$2.4m USD, which doesn't bode well even if the game was considered only so-so. Although apparently the game was released only 1 month before the end of the fiscal year, so its probably not as dim as expected.

Hopefully that loss was partially tied to fixed costs of spooling up the studio. I have to wonder if S-E is just inefficient and that waste still hampers them despite being semi-"indie" in nature.
    Iirc the game is considered a domestic flop, hence why they made a 2.4 million loss on it.

Edit: Also worth of note: While some game journalists claim it was a good title, the reception among the average player was alot less positive.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2017-01-24 at 06:27 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    i wonder since the dragonquest games are only getting a japan release if they will add english subtitles as an option since the switch isn't region locked
    Probably not. Just cause it doesn't have region lock doesn't mean that they'll be international friendly. Basically every single Japanese game that gets localized later is like that.
    Well, that's just hilarious. I'd also like to remind him that DQ X/XI are NOT confirmed for America yet, so you better get to work on your nihongo if you plan to import it.
    本当に来て*いの・・・

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    I want them to play mobile. Thats the draw of the switch for me. A lot of the indie games I want will have 5+ hour battery lives. This thing is going to be great for rpgs and indie games.

Pandaren Monk
    7+ Year Old Account
    New Project Octopath Traveler site with music

http://www.jp.square-enix.com/octopathtraveler/

Deleted
    While I'm expecting Zelda to be utterly superb, Bomberman will be a laugh, & MK8 is already good, it'll just be portable, & more of it, the games I'm looking forward to most are Skyrim, Sonic Mania, & USF2, Skyrim because portable, plus I love that game, Sonic as I'm still a bit of a fanboy, & Street Fighter because Street Fighter.

I do find it funny that some of the games I'm looking forward to are already out in one shape or form, but, well, at least I know they'll be quality!!!

I'm considering getting one of these for my son as a replacement for his broken iPad, what do you guys think? (He's five but has really great hand eye coordination and amazing focus)

Can it replace an iPad?

Quote Originally Posted by superninjapresident View Post
    I'm considering getting one of these for my son as a replacement for his broken iPad, what do you guys think? (He's five but has really great hand eye coordination and amazing focus)

Can it replace an iPad?
    Uh, no. Consider the cost of all the things. He breaks/loses a JoyCon? That's $50, $80 for both. Games? They're $60 a pop, while crappy, colorful iOS games would likely keep his attention just as well for a much lower cost. What if he breaks the Switch? They're not selling the console separately (yet), so that'd be another $300. If you're still bent on giving him a tablet, you can get a refurb iPad for $200 anyways and not have to worry about most of those things. Maybe I'm just old school, but I'd be way too paranoid to give a kid anything worth more than $20 to keep them entertained.

Uh, no. Consider the cost of all the things. He breaks/loses a JoyCon? That's $50, $80 for both. Games? They're $60 a pop, while crappy, colorful iOS games would likely keep his attention just as well for a much lower cost. What if he breaks the Switch? They're not selling the console separately (yet), so that'd be another $300. If you're still bent on giving him a tablet, you can get a refurb iPad for $200 anyways and not have to worry about most of those things. Maybe I'm just old school, but I'd be way too paranoid to give a kid anything worth more than $20 to keep them entertained.
    or you could just.. you know, get the warranty gamestop offers that covers it for 2 years and i know walmart offers a similar warranty
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

Pre-ordered.

Feel slightly dirty to be honest, but ya know...muh nostalgia.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    or you could just.. you know, get the warranty gamestop offers that covers it for 2 years and i know walmart offers a similar warranty
    Accidents are not covered by warranties, only wear and tear and hardware malfunctions.

Accidents are not covered by warranties, only wear and tear and hardware malfunctions.
    What? Yes they do. GameStop and Walmart warranties cover everything except theft dude

- - - Updated - - -

What? Yes they do. GameStop and Walmart warranties cover everything except theft dude