Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    Yeah, I guess. The few times I hear anyone say anything when playing OW, it's some russian guy whining in russian or some 12-year-old Genji calling someone a fag. Maybe it's more widely used on console where you it's your only quick way to communicate.
    Don't get me wrong its not something I would use all time. But the current system to chat is a joke even more so when consoles 17 year's ago had a better system. Everything that could go wrong with this app has and it was a really poor idea.

Its the same system they used on the N64 in Japan. Its a stupid idea and its something I 100% will not use.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2017-07-20 at 12:34 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Yeah, I guess. The few times I hear anyone say anything when playing OW, it's some russian guy whining in russian or some 12-year-old Genji calling someone a fag. Maybe it's more widely used on console where you it's your only quick way to communicate.
    It is used a lot on consoles since it's essentially their version of Discord. Free.

The point is the voice chat on Switch should be built in. If 16-17 year old consoles can do it then so can the Switch.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    It is used a lot on consoles since it's essentially their version of Discord. Free.

The point is the voice chat on Switch should be built in. If 16-17 year old consoles can do it then so can the Switch.
    Yeah, I agree, it should be simple. I'm just saying that I didn't know voice chat was so important to people, since I rarely hear anyone having an proper conversation in any online game that I play. I miss Netflix support more than voice chat.
    Mother pus bucket!

Yeah, I agree, it should be simple. I'm just saying that I didn't know voice chat was so important to people, since I rarely hear anyone having an proper conversation in any online game that I play. I miss Netflix support more than voice chat.
    I think the difference is -especially on consoles- voice chat is for you and your friends to talk while playing a game together. On PC its a lot more open and easily turns into a shitfest, which occurs on consoles too in shooters. But lets say i'm playing FFXIV on my PS4 with friends. Do i open up the dumb chatpad interface to type letter by letter where we should meet up or do we all use PS4 party chat and literally just talk?

In splatoons case its a fast, frenetic multiplayer shooter where "look out theres a super coming from behind" can change the course of a match.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I don't even use discord, me and my friends all use mumble. Discord is an unreliable piece of garbage but I just state it by name so all the youngins understand what I'm talking about. People only use discord because it's free and because they can shit post meme pics like anyone cares.

- - - Updated - - -

A good way to make no one take you serious is throwing out the word "toxic". The irony is hilarious with the people who use that word, and they should probably look in the mirror.
    Your posts in this thread alone are more than toxic (or hateful, raging, not nice, whatever you prefer). You don't even have a Switch, but you have so many posts in this thread, complaining and using cursewords all the time. If this isn't toxic behaviour, I don't know what would qualify as such. Or your posts in the StarCitizen Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    You will find this thread filled with people bitching about Nintendo's shit yet buy and support everything they do. /shrug
    Well, everyone needs a hobby I guess :-D

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    NO!

There is only black and white, good and bad, love and hate.

This is the internet. The digital age. We deal only with absolutes. The 1s and 0s.
    Funny and true :-).
    Last edited by mmoc78e9842c0f; 2017-07-20 at 01:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fatisha View Post
    Funny and true :-).
    I don't know if you realized it or not but there post to my reply was pointing out people like you...

Just let that sink in for a moment....

The amount of Irony in your post here is just amazing.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2017-07-20 at 01:34 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

7+ Year Old Account
    Just dropping in to say that I love my Switch. I don't regret even a single penny that was dropped on acquiring it.

That said, this whole voice chat situation is one of the dumbest things I've ever seen. I'm not even opposed to using my phone for voice chat, but this implementation is absolutely terrible. I'm hoping they make some adjustments in the future, and that this is only a temporary inconvenience.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    I think its rather telling that even the 'its okay when nintendo does it' crowd are 'defending' this with "i-its not like i would use it anyway!" because its the only angle they bloody have when more shit keeps coming out like how the hori headset is mandatory if you want in game audio and voice chat, didnt buy the mess of cables? well then you have to have one or the other but not both, and the controller phone grip holds it sideways but the app is locked vertically.

But its okay when nintendo does it. Remember the mantra, for this is how you defend your brand.

-also? THE FUCKING VITA HAS THIS SHIT BUILT IN AS STANDARD. A FUCKING VITA.
    I honestly wouldn't care if Sony removed voice chat. Has nothing to do with people not caring if Nintendo does it. Most Nintendo fans didn't expect voice chat at all. I don't ever use voice chat except when I'm raiding, I just don't like voice chat and unless I'm in a full private group I don't want to use it unless it's necessary like in raiding.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

So the hori audio mixer. You know the headset, is actually detachable and not only can work with any headset but it can work with any voice chat app like discord.

While not ideal it's better than dealing with Nintendo's app. Sadly you have to buy the headphones to get the audio mixer but it can clip to your shirt.......
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't get me started on this shit.

so according to amazon i only paid 45$ for splatoon 2. what sorcery is this?
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    so according to amazon i only paid 45$ for splatoon 2. what sorcery is this?
    Prime member?

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Prime member?
    Yup mine came to 47$ they even do trade ins
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Prime member?
    yeah but last time i checked it said the game was 59.99 and i was gonna get it for 51, i guess i got some sort of preorder price cut thing? maybe they put the wrong price in at some point idk, still. 45$ is a steal.

also, me and my nephew just beat tower of gods and i realized (and i dont know if anyone else has noticed yet) but um.. im 100% sure the shiekah built the tower of the gods because it has the exact same constellation patterns all over it

Well BotW is set in a hyrule thats not underwater.

Yet

Well BotW is set in a hyrule thats not underwater.

Yet
    nah, breath of the wild is most likely a converging of the three timelines into one, it makes reference to the adult, the child and the downfall timeline (albeit much more the first two) it specifically references events and people from wind waker, oot, tp. zeldas powers are waning and possibly gone, ganondorf is killed for the last time since hes given up trying to ressurect and just became pure power and the whole 10,000 years thing.

instead of worshipping the three goddesses they only worship hylia in this game and previously all people had forgotten about hylia after skyward sword.

oot had three godesses and is the source of the three way split

botw. all three godesses have somehow combined again into hylia, representing the three timelines becoming one again.

https://twitter.com/rabbidsofficial/...02556425125888

Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle amiibo support revealed. Mario, Luigi, Peach, and Yoshi amiibo will give the character and their respective Rabbid counterpart an exclusive weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by fatisha View Post
    Your posts in this thread alone are more than toxic (or hateful, raging, not nice, whatever you prefer). You don't even have a Switch, but you have so many posts in this thread, complaining and using cursewords all the time. If this isn't toxic behaviour, I don't know what would qualify as such. Or your posts in the StarCitizen Thread.
    And you still want to be taken serious using the word toxic about 69 times in a single post. It's like reading a kotaku article. Oh the horror, the curse words. THE HORROR.

I don't even regularly post in the star citizen thread(hell I don't know if I EVER posted there but if I did it wasn't common or recent). If you remember my posts in said thread, congrats you remember something I don't which is quite rare and creepy af.

"Doesn't own a switch". Funny my receipts say I bought a Switch on June 30th. Some dude on the internet who likes to use the word toxic is telling me I don't own one though.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    nah, breath of the wild is most likely a converging of the three timelines into one, it makes reference to the adult, the child and the downfall timeline (albeit much more the first two) it specifically references events and people from wind waker, oot, tp. zeldas powers are waning and possibly gone, ganondorf is killed for the last time since hes given up trying to ressurect and just became pure power and the whole 10,000 years thing.

instead of worshipping the three goddesses they only worship hylia in this game and previously all people had forgotten about hylia after skyward sword.

oot had three godesses and is the source of the three way split

botw. all three godesses have somehow combined again into hylia, representing the three timelines becoming one again.
    As long as muh oracles come back. I would murder for a oracle of seasons/ages remake in the Botw engine. solving Botw style puzzles by using time travel or replacing the slate with the rod of seasons would be my jam.

-But i thought in terms of wind waker stuff aounuma said the koroks were always seeds but in oracle they appeared as kids so the orphaned link wouldnt feel like a freak or something?

As long as muh oracles come back. I would murder for a oracle of seasons/ages remake in the Botw engine. solving Botw style puzzles by using time travel or replacing the slate with the rod of seasons would be my jam.

-But i thought in terms of wind waker stuff aounuma said the koroks were always seeds but in oracle they appeared as kids so the orphaned link wouldnt feel like a freak or something?
    in the newest book thats out in japan but not in english yet (so translation could slightly change) it is said that kokiri were simply human kids who got lost and will start to age like normal if outside of the deku trees magic, after ganondorf took over and the world began to flood deku tree used his magic to turn them into koroks so they would be better able to protect themselves