10+ Year Old Account
    This thread is going places!

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    you should pay attention before you mouth off, i already posted this article months ago during e3
    Maybe you should read before you mouth off. I said you was right about it being a home console and I even stated why. I am saying that you are wrong about KH3 and what a couple months means.

To quote myself and used the part u used
    All I see in the last page or two is you saying "This and that has been confirmed" but yet you provide no proof. This part tho you are right about he did comfirm that saying its them staying in the console market. By the way......
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

http://www.dualshockers.com/2015/08/...in-the-future/

FFXIV director is currently considering bringing the game to the NX, but is waiting for the release date for the system and Nintendo's thoughts on cross-platform play before negotiations can begin.

Final fantasy on Nintendo yes!
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

pls gief ff15 and kh3
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

"We're seeing about porting X game."

Will quickly turn to.

"We have no interest at current time."

If NX doesn't have a strong launch window.

So count me in the "don't care" camp for developers discussing "maybes" for the platform.

I miss N64, but that was a different world. Everyone had their own world of consoles with no real connection to the outside technological world at all. I mean, at that point online play wasn't even a (true) reality.

These days Sony and Microsoft just have so much more 'cloud presence,' with such broad and wide-reaching device integration and thus potential for audiences that I wonder how Nintendo, more and more niche/marginalized, can continue to compete in the hardware/OS Service Delivery arenas. The integration capacity and potential that Microsoft has with the wide-spread adoption of Windows 10 is staggering.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by drakensoul View Post
    I miss N64, but that was a different world. Everyone had their own world of consoles with no real connection to the outside technological world at all. I mean, at that point online play wasn't even a (true) reality.

These days Sony and Microsoft just have so much more 'cloud presence,' with such broad and wide-reaching device integration and thus potential for audiences that I wonder how Nintendo, more and more niche/marginalized, can continue to compete in the hardware/OS Service Delivery arenas. The integration capacity and potential that Microsoft has with the wide-spread adoption of Windows 10 is staggering.
    I am honestly of the opinion that online has in general, ruined gaming in a lot of ways. I still prefer single player games most of the time, and the biggest cop out for a lot of big name titles is online play and the ability to patch issues with the game rather than doing sufficient quality testing to ensure the released product is actually functional.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    I am honestly of the opinion that online has in general, ruined gaming in a lot of ways. I still prefer single player games most of the time, and the biggest cop out for a lot of big name titles is online play and the ability to patch issues with the game rather than doing sufficient quality testing to ensure the released product is actually functional.
    Games having poor quality testing and glitches go's back a lot longer in time then just the online era of patches. It's just they actually CAN easily fix them now.

Certain publishers have skimped on quality testing since the dawn of time.

Nintendo has been very good with having games already mostly bug tested. They have really only needed to patch things a few times when they've been game breaking (doing a late game quest out of order in Skyward Sword, Luminose City glitch in X and Y, Peach's down special glitch in Smash 4 online), and not much else.

Online play I pretty fine with except in situations where the online play feels tacked on, or if the online play is the focus and the single player experience falters.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Games having poor quality testing and glitches go's back a lot longer in time then just the online era of patches. It's just they actually CAN easily fix them now.

Certain publishers have skimped on quality testing since the dawn of time.
    Yes, some publishers have, but the majority of them for a long time still put out games that were entirely functional and worked on the platforms they were released on. Nintendo seems to be one of the few who gets it right the majority of the time and rarely have to patch a game. Even EA games back in the day were good both in quality of the product and low in the bug department. Now you get shit like Batman Arkham Knight which don't even run on most PC's because the developer and publisher opted to put a team of just over a dozen console developers to the task of porting the game to the PC. It is things like that which worry me about the future of gaming. The more robust a game is (or is some cases not at all), the greater the need to properly quality test games before they hit the market.

Yes, some publishers have, but the majority of them for a long time still put out games that were entirely functional and worked on the platforms they were released on. Nintendo seems to be one of the few who gets it right the majority of the time and rarely have to patch a game. Even EA games back in the day were good both in quality of the product and low in the bug department. Now you get shit like Batman Arkham Knight which don't even run on most PC's because the developer and publisher opted to put a team of just over a dozen console developers to the task of porting the game to the PC. It is things like that which worry me about the future of gaming. The more robust a game is (or is some cases not at all), the greater the need to properly quality test games before they hit the market.
    Bold is hyperbole. It runs on anything at it's requirements. It doesn't run like it SHOULD in most situations, but it is certainly playable and beatable. Hyperbole doesn't do a good job of getting your point across, yes it runs like shit at 20-30 fps for most people but that is certainly playable and beatable, just not acceptable today to people plopping down $60 on a game(funnily enough though 20 fps OoT was perfectly acceptable at $90 oh how the standards have changed.)

There has literally been no "unplayable" game that I can think of past or present outside of online only games having their servers jacked on launch days/weeks.

Claiming games are more broken now then before is straight hyperbole. Watch a games done quick ffs, almost all of your retro classics have hilariously broken glitches.

10+ Year Old Account
    There has literally been no "unplayable" game that I can think of past or present outside of online only games having their servers jacked on launch days/weeks.
    Big rigs was a close one, but I guess you could at least accelerate.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1099932

Nintendo has filed a pantent claim. Biggest things about this: No optical disc drive.

Last edited by johnhoftb; 2015-08-21 at 09:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, fuck that. This is worse than when Microsoft wanted the Xbox to be always online. Plus, I like having physical media. Hopefully, that's not what the NX is actually going to be.

... no disks but... memory cards? o.O

INB4 CARTRIDGES ARE BACK!
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

so they just want us to download everything instead of physical copys?
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Yeah, fuck that. This is worse than when Microsoft wanted the Xbox to be always online. Plus, I like having physical media. Hopefully, that's not what the NX is actually going to be.
    Uhh you do realize the 3DS and Vita both have physical media without have disc drives right?

Also if you read the patent, the system with no optical disc is compatible with a system WITH an optical disc. Patent also mentions a controller with a screen on it(which charges by plugging into the system via usb instead of having it's own separate AC adapter). Which means the Wii U lives on lulz to the haters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thats going to happen, but I think its still too soon.

oh wait, according to that thread i was right? sd card type memory cards for games?

and theres a screen in the controller it seems.

if its a hybrid then cartridges make alot of sense and nowadays you can easily get cartridges that can fit modern games on them.

i actually love that.

cartridges > disks everyday all day.

doing that could be a HUGE pr move. think about all the nostalgic lately from the 90's and 80's generation and kids see cartridges from cartoons like regular show, ninja turtles, steven u, gravity falls. and of course the ds and 3ds

theres built in nostalgia, ease factor, less chance of damage, faster load times.

ALL HAIL THE CARTRIDGE

- - - Updated - - -

Uhh you do realize the 3DS and Vita both have physical media without have disc drives right?

Also if you read the patent, the system with no optical disc is compatible with a system WITH an optical disc. Patent also mentions a controller with a screen on it(which charges by plugging into the system via usb instead of having it's own separate AC adapter). Which means the Wii U lives on lulz to the haters.
    how will it be backwards compatible if i cant put in my wiiu disk?