Poll: ?

Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

how do you split cost on dates?

Always make the girl pay.

Deleted
    I never split costs, my rule is that the one that asks for a date pays for it, splitting the bill is a sign that the date failed and you should go your separate ways.

7+ Year Old Account
    I don't date girls who expect me to foot the bill. We either go Dutch or alternate. Never had the opportunity to date a girl outside of my economic class, tho. If she was rich, I would expect her to foot the bill, unless dinner was at a normal place. Damn, I miss my REAL 3rd wave feminist non-tumblrina ex. She was almost goddamn perfect. fuckmylife Completely off-topic but that's the one thing I would change about my past, is somehow convince her to stay.
    Weird Al - I never feed trolls and I don't read spam
    Galen Hallcyon - The internet has shown us that everyone is a fuckin' moron.

10+ Year Old Account
    I pay. 10cats

When I invite I always pay everything. All my past dates were successful because of this. I'm also a sexy mother fucker so that help too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Take turns. One ngiht I pay, the next night he pays. If the first date didnt go well, we split the bill.

Have not been on one in close to 8 years, then I paid.
    Only women that talk to me now dont want a date, they ask what you would have paid on a date, and say just give them that

10+ Year Old Account
    In my personal opinion, the asker should do the paying, and women should ask more. I also think it's a nice gesture to offer (if you mean it genuinely).
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

I offer to split the bill, if I really am not interested in seeing the guy again I'll be more insistent on splitting it. If I like him and am pretty sure there will be a second date (my instinct is usually right about these things), I won't fight too hard if he REALLY insists on paying, but the second date *will* be my treat. If a guy asks me to cover his portion of the bill during one of our first few dates, there won't be a follow up date. That is the epitome of tacky. This hasn't happened to me yet, though--most of the guys I've gone out on dates with have been complete gentlemen.

Deleted
    Dates, I usually pay. Date nights with girlfriend, each pay for different stuff until it comes more or less even.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    I pay,and in the rare case I get asked out I still pay because I'm a chump.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vea Lea View Post
    Depends on the situation.

If its a new relationship, generally the inviter pays. As a rule of thumb.

In a longer relationship it depends, I'd usually say alternate but I've had relationships where there has been a significant difference in incomes, so I've usually footed the bill and am happy to do so, and my partner at the time has occasionally paid when they can, or if we go somewhere a bit cheaper than usual as its not really fair to ask someone to pay at a place thats outside their individual price bracket. but it will depend on the exact relationship.

Pretty simple...You talk about it...Agree upon something...Boom done....That was hard wasn't it? The most common solution you two will come up with is you each pay your own or you rotate.

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    I pay,and in the rare case I get asked out I still pay because I'm a chump.
    A Bolton is never a chump. And a sane woman can't resist a rare and delicate sausage of that caliber. /hat tip

10+ Year Old Account
    I generally pay when inviting someone, but if the other one in that situation suggests to split, I'd be fine with that too. I also would expect someone inviting me to be able to pay the whole thing, though I would be prepared to pay at least my own stuff and might suggest to do so beforehand, if the situation allows it.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    I...used to let her pay...but then she would make me wear the outfit Daddy calls my 'belt' and dance on the breakfast table (bowow-chika-mow-wow)
    Now I pay...usually.
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.

depends on how the date was initiated, blind date / set up, pay for your own. Asked? that person pays.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    A Bolton is never a chump. And a sane woman can't resist a rare and delicate sausage of that caliber. /hat tip
    Why are you not in the hunger games thread?

Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    Why are you not in the hunger games thread?
    I keep missing the games, every time I check on the thread there seems to be a game in progress, or I missed signups already. *sadface* I see you have a game planned on Monday though