Deleted

Anyone else kind of lose interest when new raids are datamined?

The knowledge about a new raid already is a little off putting to me to enter BRF, it feels like BRF is almost outdated content when information like this is released so soon. Blackrock still feels new to me, like it was released not so long ago, and now BAM! New shiny raid inc! Sure, it probably wont be released until summer, but still.

Is it too soon to reveal info about major content fast? Is that was makes subbers stay subbed? It feels like a hairthin line.

I for one wouldnt mind info about a new patch/raid just days before it is released. Just imagine the exploration and adventures if no one didnt know anything too major at start. But people would probably leave for lack of info of new content :/

Not really.

Its like looking at screenshots or reading previews of a new game.

Until it comes out and I can actually play it, I'm still interested.

10+ Year Old Account
    I lose interest when I look through the PTR notes and see there is 0 content outside of raids.

Nope, I don't pay all that much attention to the new raids til they're actually in game. Maybe check out a little bit of lore info, but that's more because I like to have a general idea of how my character would get to a raid and why they'd be doing it in the 1st place.
    You must show no mercy, Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you: For your greatness will silence them all!
    -Warrior Wisdom

15+ Year Old Account
    Not at all. Been years since I did anything other than LFR and been over a year since I did even that. Raiding isn't what is important to me so seeing it ahead of time is relatively meaningless. Maybe you should try to do something other than raid so that your experience isn't ruined? Or just stop watching news about the ptr?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrathonia View Post
    Not at all. Been years since I did anything other than LFR and been over a year since I did even that. Raiding isn't what is important to me so seeing it ahead of time is relatively meaningless. Maybe you should try to do something other than raid so that your experience isn't ruined? Or just stop watching news about the ptr?
    I'll go with this, I still do the LFR every so often for something else to do, but raiding I stopped doing that at the end of Cata. It is nice to watch the various videos and see the screen shots, as well as read about the mechanic of the various fights, even if I do not plan to raid in them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ehhh not so much when it is datamined. When I used to frequent the PTR servers/beta servers for patches and expansions it ruined it for me. I stopped doing that and everything felt fresh to me. It was nice.

I remember I even had a WOD beta key, never used it though. I just let it sit there on my account and waited patiently for release. Also something about not reading patch notes and figuring it out for yourself is so nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampz View Post
    inb4 "flying is a major part of the reason I have fun in wow!"
    Buy a fucking flight sim then

As opposed to tight interest?

Quote Originally Posted by Illiterate View Post
    I lose interest when I look through the PTR notes and see there is 0 content outside of raids.
    Yea, that whole zone opened up with a questline running through it to progress the story, extra difficulty on dungeons.. Darn that no content.

I lost interest years ago, when the gear became boring. Oh boy, a new raid! That means I'll replace my stuff with stuff that is 10% better! No cool effects at all.

Maybe I was spoiled by Everquest.

Not really, seeing the fight puts everything into perspective with the abilities

Unless I'm misunderstanding, it looks like some people are confused on what OP means.

It seems like they mean after seeing a new raid, do you lose interest in the current raid.

And eh, kinda in this case. I'm bored of BRF already personally.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not at all. I look forward to the new instance, of course, but the current one still offers challenges and tier gear we all want. I usually hope that the new tier doesn't come out too fast before my guild can complete the content.

No. If I had a silly mentality like that I wouldn't even bother levelling as it's only a matter of time before a new xpac and level cap comes out.

What's the point of getting to 100 when soon people will be 110!

Aka no. I don't lose interest in a raid when a new raid is data mine because I don't care if I have the latest and greatest gear

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfheart9 View Post
    Yea, that whole zone opened up with a questline running through it to progress the story, extra difficulty on dungeons.. Darn that no content.
    You mean the one off line that will take like an hour followed by another apex daily? Sweet more shit people already dislike.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope - only galvanizes my interest. I can't wait to see all the new info that comes out, and it makes me want to play it even more.

Honestly i've been sick of BRF since a few weeks after it came out, and highmaul was worse for me. Can't really take my interest away when i already have none.