Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunnydruid View Post
    I haven't played, but I have always been interested. I suppose it's the upfront cost of getting my own clubs or renting them plus the other fees that kind of turn me off. That and I have nobody to play with and feel like a 21 year old guy going to a golf course alone is weird.

If given the opportunity I would definitely give it a go, only one way to figure out if I like it or not!

Grats on qualifying to move on to another tourny though!
    Thanks! It's not as expensive as you think.
    http://www.walmart.com/ip/Pinemeadow...anded/21555072
    You can get something like that for just starting out. They are not the best clubs, but they are cheaper than the high end stuff and will play much better than older clubs.

I'm on 25 and I was golfing alone all the time when I was 21. Got paired up with some really cool people who actually turned out to have a lot of connections due to their careers.
    Selling myself out below

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grahamington View Post
    You can get something like that for just starting out. They are not the best clubs, but they are cheaper than the high end stuff and will play much better than older clubs.

I'm on 25 and I was golfing alone all the time when I was 21. Got paired up with some really cool people who actually turned out to have a lot of connections due to their careers.
    Wow that's actually pretty cool man, thanks! I might have to look around where I live to find some decent golf courses to start with. I'll definitely be checking into this
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampz View Post
    inb4 "flying is a major part of the reason I have fun in wow!"
    Buy a fucking flight sim then

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunnydruid View Post
    Wow that's actually pretty cool man, thanks! I might have to look around where I live to find some decent golf courses to start with. I'll definitely be checking into this
    Couldn't hurt! It's practically the only sport you can play your whole life. btw...Twilight greens fees are awesome, especially if you're going alone. They practically cut the price in half.
    Selling myself out below

10+ Year Old Account

It would be really bad for me to play with people th a lot of connections because I'm terrible and would ruin my good name :P
    You're a towel.

All good. We all had to start somewhere. I only shoot in the low 70's high 60's because I started when I was 3 and played 5 days a week...lol

http://www.callawaygolfpreowned.com/

This is a good site for certified pre-owned callaway. They own the site actually.
    For your game, You'd probably love a Hybrid iron set. They make contact really easy. Or something with a large cavity back like the RAZR

If you're looking to spend a little less I'd go with these...
    http://images.golfdiscount.com/brand.../v3_forged.jpg

Every club in that set is a hybrid.
    Good info, thank you. Also, that's damn impressive shooting in the high 60's. My problem is my putting. I can usually put it on the green with a chance for par but end up 2 or 3 putting my way to a bogey.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    It would be really bad for me to play with people th a lot of connections because I'm terrible and would ruin my good name :P
    haha It's all good. Most business men are hackers anyway. They just play to relax and(or) do businesss meetings.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mentia View Post
    Good info, thank you. Also, that's damn impressive shooting in the high 60's. My problem is my putting. I can usually put it on the green with a chance for par but end up 2 or 3 putting my way to a bogey.
    ehhh took me a long time and a lot of practice/sacrifices. Paid off though I guess lol
    Selling myself out below

There's a saying:

Do you still have sex or have you taken up Golf?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    There's a saying:

Do you still have sex or have you taken up Golf?
    All I have to say to that is...Tiger Woods...lol
    Selling myself out below

All I have to say to that is...Tiger Woods...lol
    He was obviously overcompensating. And he had to have therapy and apologize to the nation! Now where did that come from?

10+ Year Old Account
    He was obviously overcompensating. And he had to have therapy and apologize to the nation! Now where did that come from?
    Haha? What does that have to do with this. I was just saying He plays golf and was clearly getting freaky.
    I play a lot and still make time for my girlfriend, More now because WoD sucks and I only log in for like 15 minutes to do garrison missions or log on for raid night.
    Selling myself out below

10+ Year Old Account
    I used to play when I was younger but pretty much stopped. I do still go to the driving range on occasion, but any golf I play now is usually preceded by the word "mini".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihnasir View Post
    I used to play when I was younger but pretty much stopped. I do still go to the driving range on occasion, but any golf I play now is usually preceded by the word "mini".
    Why did you give it up?
    Selling myself out below

Haha? What does that have to do with this. I was just saying He plays golf and was clearly getting freaky.
    I play a lot and still make time for my girlfriend, More now because WoD sucks and I only log in for like 15 minutes to do garrison missions or log on for raid night.
    Well he was getting freaky, I mean REALLY freaky, because of Golf. It's like those kids who grow up in a crazy-conservative religious environment and then break out and turn to drugs and prostution. It's kind of a freak reaction.

And See? You have to thank Blizzard that you still have a sex life, otherwise Golf would have completely eradicated that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well he was getting freaky, I mean REALLY freaky, because of Golf. It's like those kids who grow up in a crazy-conservative religious environment and then break out and turn to drugs and prostution. It's kind of a freak reaction.

And See? You have to thank Blizzard that you still have a sex life, otherwise Golf would have completely eradicated that.
    Well golf is my job, It always came before WoW haha.
    But I guess Thanks Blizzard for making a shitty expansion? haha
    Selling myself out below