Poll: Would you support Bonus Events in WoW?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyfar View Post
    Unfair for ppl that work weekends or want to go out. Pace should be the same whenever one wants to play.
    Or... Or! Now listen closely... Everything shouldn't be equally fair for everyone since that's not how life is? If this was introduced, those that REALLY want to benefit will take time to do so. This equality in everything mentality is really too much...!

And this is coming from someone who normally doesn't play on weekends that much.

If they were not restricted to weekends, then sure, why not, even though there are plenty of ways to boost xp gains, rep gains etc, so dunno if we need to have a calendar date as well. Maybe make those items a bit more accessible, now it's like "get one hour buff" > use > travel to xyz to gain the same buff again after previous runs out > etc.
    "It's just like I always said! You can do battle with strength, you can do battle with wits, but no weapon can beat a great pair of tits!"

Blizz doesn't need a gimmick like this, like ALL of the other games do. Fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

They used to have bonus weeks for Legendary item drops in MoP and they definitely should bring that catch-up mechanic back.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lirah View Post
    Or... Or! Now listen closely... Everything shouldn't be equally fair for everyone since that's not how life is? If this was introduced, those that REALLY want to benefit will take time to do so. This equality in everything mentality is really too much...!

And this is coming from someone who normally doesn't play on weekends that much.
    It's a game and people want to have fun. Bonuses are fun. Not being able to ever use a bonus because it's only on weekends and you can't play weekends isn't fun. Simple solution is just to have it last the week and let everyone enjoy it instead of being a bitter person like yourself. Stop looking at the glass as half empty.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrathonia View Post
    It's a game and people want to have fun. Bonuses are fun. Not being able to ever use a bonus because it's only on weekends and you can't play weekends isn't fun. Simple solution is just to have it last the week and let everyone enjoy it instead of being a bitter person like yourself. Stop looking at the glass as half empty.
    Then the game is not for you. I dont find photography fun, should i demand that they change it to suit myself? So i can have fun doing it? No, thats ridiculous.

It is not hard to understand

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aeuhe4yxzhds View Post
    Then the game is not for you. I dont find photography fun, should i demand that they change it to suit myself? So i can have fun doing it? No, thats ridiculous.

It is not hard to understand
    Your analogy is completely off base. You have no idea what the fuck you are babbling about.

Deleted
    Zero fucks given for the simple reason my subscription is monthly anyway.

Damn kids today, they don't want equal opportunity, they want equal outcomes.

If a majority of the WoW playerbase plays on a weekend, then that's when it makes the most sense to do it, if your goal is to reward people. If you don't fall into that category of person who is unable to play during that time, too bad really. 3rd shift employees don't get to dictate when restaurants serve breakfast.

Having said all of that, I think that bonuses for anything are largely worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by Dyfar View Post
    Unfair for ppl that work weekends or want to go out. Pace should be the same whenever one wants to play.
    Battle ground weekends start on the Thursday evening and end on the the Tuesday morning iirc. Been a long time since I did PvP but that range would encompasses even the week a bit. Also you can't please everyone with any sort of limited time buff/event.

I just want them to bring back Battleground call to arms. Anything else would just be a bonus. But it's likely we're getting shit which is par the course.

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    Blizz doesn't need a gimmick like this, like ALL of the other games do. Fact.
    gimmick =/= breaking the monotony. Bonus weeks done right are fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the idea has potential, though I don't think gold really belongs on the list.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Quote Originally Posted by Exodice View Post
    They used to have bonus weeks for Legendary item drops in MoP and they definitely should bring that catch-up mechanic back.
    It is permanently in the game...I am only bothering with one ring this time around (did wayyy too many cloaks, never again unless the legendary line is a weapon) so I only know this through other people - once a section of the legendary chain is completed on one character, ALL characters on that realm (might be battle net account wide, I'm not sure on that )get a 50% buff to drops for that part of the quest chain.

Example: Your main finishes their abrogator stones and now has the 680 ring, now all other alts get a 50% buff to abrogator stone drops.

Here is "proof" from the horses mouth https://twitter.com/WarcraftDevs/sta...58451764170752
    Last edited by azurrei; 2015-04-28 at 07:51 PM.

Looks like we are getting it now. Nothing amazing sadly

I'd like to have a bonus where more than one toon from one account can log in at the same time. That way i could group up with my kid's characters.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by aeuhe4yxzhds View Post
    Looks like we are getting it now. Nothing amazing sadly

Saw the news, makes me excited. They'll probably add more in the future.

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    This thread was made before this PTR build...
    how the fuck did you know lol

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo Risin View Post
    What ho,

Something I really enjoy from Diablo 3 are its bonus weekends, when Blizzard will temporarily give you Experience or Magic Find bonuses for a few days. This does wonders to get the community online to play together, and it's a ton of fun.

What if these could be applied to WoW as well? Similar to how the Call to Arms weekend of the past would grant you Honour bonuses in Battlegrounds.

Examples of Bonus Weekend Events:

100% Reputation Bonus across Northrend

100% Extra Legendary Quest Items (such as Abrogator Stones) dropped in raid dungeons

25% Bonus Yield from herbs, mining nodes, fishing pools, etc.

200% Bonus Experience from Quests up to level 90

200% Extra Gold in monsters, loot caches, raid bosses, and rewards

50% Bonus Apexis Shards from doing Draenor daily zone content

The list goes on. These numbers obviously need tweaking, and perhaps some content should be restricted from these Bonus Events to avoid flooding the market with things or breaking any mechanics. Unlike Diablo 3, WoW is a persistent game with an economy and where items more or less last forever.

But overall, how would you feel about a feature such as this? Personally, I think a good Bonus Weekend could make me re-activate my subscription in a dry spot without content, because it suddenly makes a particular activity in game more rewarding and appealing.
    "We're desperate to get people to play again after our shitty decisions this entire xpack. What's the laziest thing we can do without actually fixing a fucking thing?"
    The plural of anecdote is not "data". It's "Bayesian inference".

No hate that shit. I want to play when I can not feel forced to make time just to not miss out.