10+ Year Old Account

[Movies] Gremlins reboot planned!

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/entertainme...p?ocid=U270DHP

well it seems another childhood classic (for those like me who grew up in the 80's) is getting the seal of reboot upon its head!

While I have nothing against a reboot, there's has just been so god damn many! Do we need another classic reboot? I feel the movie still holds up today, still silly, cheesy and very 80's and still one of my favorite Christmas movies!

(Yes I class Gremlins as a Christmas movie! If Die Hard can do it so can Gremlins) :P
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

10+ Year Old Account
    Movies are the same as games, which are the same as everything else today. Why would you spend tens of millions of dollars taking a chance on something new when there are thousands of already popular IPs not touched for decades that are as close to guaranteed success as one can get?

Ugh. Why?

Rhetorical. I know why but why.

Chris Columbus, man who wrote the original, is involved. So, maybe that will make it suck less.
    9 out of 10 people agree that in a room full of 10 people one person will always disagree with the other 9.

The problem is, part of the awesomeness of Gremlins was the actual puppets they used. It allowed them to look genuinely slimy and gross. High chance the new ones will be CGI.

I keep coming around to the J.J. Abrams POV that having physical objects is better for moviemaking than CGI.

10+ Year Old Account
    Being a HUGE fan of the original Gremlins, I'd be so pissed if they replaced all the Gremlins with CGI ones, which I think they'll end up doing anyway.
    Ryzen 7 5800X - RX 6900 XT
    Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO - Crucial Ballistix DDR4 32GB 3600Mhz - Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280
    Corsair 4000D Airflow - 1x ASUS 27" VG27AQ - 2x iiyama 24”

Need Guillermo to direct it.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    lurking in the bushes outside of your window.
    Tired of seeing my childhood being remade. I think this could be a fun one though, how awesome could it be with some top notch puppet work? Probably not a chance of it, but that could be really good.

Cool, Hollywood still can't come up with an original idea... /sarcasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Clubsoda View Post
    Have to mention that I reported you, there's absolutely retarded major spoiler in your signature field.

Deleted
    Normally I am against pointless reboots, instead preferring them to move the existing "world" along. And I feel the same about this.
    There is nothing wrong with the original Gremlins movie, Sure the second one was not as good as the first, but it too was still a lot of fun.

So why can't they just use a different family or location for this generation. There is only one comment I have been able to find about the life span of the Mogwai being several hundred years, But tis is a Fan-fiction from what I can tell, But if it's true it means they could in theory have many stories from different ages. Could have a WWII ear one as WWII was mentioned in the first movie, . Could even go as far as having one set in turn of the century china. However it is more likely that it will be set in the present.

Personally I love the idea of seeing them wreak havoc in WWII era and use it as a prequel / origin film and then have further films down the line set after G1 and G2. without altering those classics.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Senjumaru Shutara View Post
    Cool, Hollywood still can't come up with an original idea... /sarcasm
    Amen to this.... not like there arent enough OTHER tales you could bring to movie....

Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    No, just NO....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    Hell no, keep that overrated hack away from Gremlins.

Have there been any reboots that didn't completely suck when compared to the originals? I really can't think of any.

And now, they're going to reboot Gremlins: CGI monsters that will likely be redesigned or "reimagined" to a point where they look nothing like what we know and love...

Fuck you, Hollywood.

Deleted
    Inb4 its cinematic universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    No, just NO....
    Quote Originally Posted by Bantokar View Post
    Hell no, keep that overrated hack away from Gremlins.
    Yikes lol. I figure the puppet/non-CGI work he incorporated into things like Hellboy would work well with Gremlins. Since everyone is opposed to CGI.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.