Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Telltale is making a new Minecraft game - is that a joke?

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/12/1...aft-story-mode

https://mojang.com/announcing-minecraft-story-mode/

Kinda old news but are they really going to make this game? What's next? Tetris: the Mysterious Adventure?

Like seriously I really loved Telltale for their first games but they're turning into a silly company now.

I think that's rather daft to be honest. The Walking Dead & Wold Among Us were really amazing games because they're entirely story driven, but Minecraft hasn't even got an ounce of story to it.

Nope, it's legit. Telltale is super hot right now so everyone wants to throw their IP at them. Microsoft wants to expand Minecraft even more, so Telltale isn't a bad choice from an optics perspective.

Deleted
    rather old news.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    I really want telltale to make a hentai game. Like a remake of monster girl quest. The possibilities for "X will remember that" are just too big and too delicious in that genre to pass.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I really want telltale to make a hentai game. Like a remake of monster girl quest. The possibilities for "X will remember that" are just too big and too delicious in that genre to pass.
    X saw you ____________________________________

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Tell Maria you forgive her
    >Send Maria to the tentacle pit

Maria will remember that.

- - - Updated - - -

I honestly don't know what to expect from this game, but I expect it to be funny.

Sadly, yes; it's for real.

Quote Originally Posted by aiko-chan View Post

This post changed my life I'm crying

Quote Originally Posted by aiko-chan View Post

ahahahahahahaha! I would play the shit out of this game.

http://www.pcgamer.com/minecraft-sto...ed-at-minecon/

"Your choices matter" catchphrase, check.
    Minecraft (that was so 2008!) theme, check.
    Made by the overrated Telltale Games, check.

We got a winner kids!

Wow. I suddenly want to play Tetris: The Mysterious Adventure.

And yeah I already made comments about this minecraft.

10+ Year Old Account
    I only ever got into Minecraft when it came out on the 360 and it was ok and I could see how it could be addictive, but it never really made me want to devote days on end playing it. That said, I actually do think a Minecraft "story mode" COULD be possible, depending on what era of TellTale we are talking about.

If we are talking about TellTale when they first got started, making ACTUAL click and point adventure games and acting as the spiritual successor to LucasArts, then yes, I could see it working. The game does have a sense of atmosphere of being alone in a world filled with monsters out to kill you, trying to survive and build shelter and unearth secrets below the earth. I dont see it really being a narrative driven game, but I could totally see a click & point style game where you are traveling through mines and caverns, using tools and materials to survive and explore. Heck, the whole crafting system of Minecraft is pretty much a more complex version of the "use this with this to make this" mechanics of click & point games.

However, if we are talking about the more "cinematic experience" TellTale of now a days, then no, I cant really see this being that entertaining unless they atmosphere the fuck out of it and really capture that theme of alone in the wilderness.

Deleted

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Eternal View Post
    We got a winner kids!
    We definitely have.
    Can't wait (^o^)

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Nope, it's legit. Telltale is super hot right now so everyone wants to throw their IP at them. Microsoft wants to expand Minecraft even more, so Telltale isn't a bad choice from an optics perspective.
    I don't even see how it is a bad idea, they are just using minecraft as a platform to tell a story in the minecraft universe.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganker View Post
    http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/12/1...aft-story-mode

https://mojang.com/announcing-minecraft-story-mode/

Kinda old news but are they really going to make this game? What's next? Tetris: the Mysterious Adventure?

Like seriously I really loved Telltale for their first games but they're turning into a silly company now.
    What gets me is how it's a separate game. It's not actually Minecraft, therefore they can't call it Minecraft: Story Mode, because that would be the name or an actual addition to the Minecraft game. In essence, this is a paid, standalone mod that contains no part of the original sandbox game. Where's the appeal in that? Minecraft is about the building, about the freedom. Take that away and what do you have? Shit.
    Ontop of that, it's little else but pathetic pandering. The characters are entirely inrelateable and unknown. The story is vanishingly uninteresting and generic. Then again, this is gonna be sold to kids and teenagers and those aren't known for being demanding consumers.

Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    What gets me is how it's a separate game. It's not actually Minecraft, therefore they can't call it Minecraft: Story Mode, because that would be the name or an actual addition to the Minecraft game. In essence, this is a paid, standalone mod that contains no part of the original sandbox game. Where's the appeal in that? Minecraft is about the building, about the freedom. Take that away and what do you have? Shit.
    Ontop of that, it's little else but pathetic pandering. The characters are entirely inrelateable and unknown. The story is vanishingly uninteresting and generic. Then again, this is gonna be sold to kids and teenagers and those aren't known for being demanding consumers.
    I suggest you look up what lego have been doing in the past couple of decades. It is considered to be one of the best turnarounds for a company ever. A lot of people were a bit baffled by this minecraft purchase by Microsoft but maybe they have bigger plans.

Remind me what lego's main story is again?

Quote Originally Posted by Afrospinach View Post
    I suggest you look up what lego have been doing in the past couple of decades. It is considered to be one of the best turnarounds for a company ever. A lot of people were a bit baffled by this minecraft purchase by Microsoft but maybe they have bigger plans.

Remind me what lego's main story is again?
    Yeah, I could see Telltale going "Lego Movie" on Minecraft, and making a *very* interesting game/story.

Heck, if they put Will Ferrell in it, that'd be enough for me to play it, lol.

I'm not even a real fan of the Borderlands games, but I've liked Telltale's story so far.

Deleted
    Will it lag and have same fps problems and be coded* in java as original minecraft?

*so badly coded that it's held by electron degeneracy pressure