Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    only what i put on the credit card each month. i pay it off, though. i got it just to ding my credit up. it worked like a charm.

Nope.
    but I'm 20 and fortunate enough to have parents who pay for school
    and I also have a job that pays enough for me to save and buy random shit if I want or need it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bushtuckrman View Post
    Wow is that how bad it is in America? Sounds like a giant scam.
    This is the UK student loan system. And oh how I wished I'd gone to University just a year or two earlier, when it was grants, rather than loans.
    "I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different." ~Kurt Vonnegut.

Does mortgage for the house count? If yes, yes. If not, then nope, and so far have never been.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've got $5k left on my car loan, and $19k in medical bills.

A mortgage but not much else.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    $5 in debt on my checking account as I stopped using my bank and that $5 is from their monthly service fee.

Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    3600€ in student loans currently... will probably be closer to 10k once I'm done with uni.

Though if I graduate in time the government will pay 30% off it for me So hopefully only around 7000€ in the end.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just went from 0 debt to $27,000ish today. New car loan (including interest).
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Yes because at the moment I can make more money on investing the cash than i could if i bought the things outright. I make more off my 60k cash than the interest i pay on the 60k i one for one of my cars
    Why join the navy when you can be a pirate

Quote Originally Posted by Istypops View Post
    2300 euro of student debt.
    Have had a credit card debt that I recently paid off. 1500 pounds in total, me and my ex used the credit card to buy furniture and put my ex's other credit card debt on it so he could delete that account, and since we were both working at the time we thought we would be able to pay it all off. But alas, that didn't happen.
    And since the card was only in my name after break up he left me with over 1000 pound in debt on that card to pay off by myself. Luckily I'm very good with money, he is not. His inability to keep track of his finance also led our joint bankaccount to be well in the 500 pound overdraft. Which, again I paid off because it was destroying my credit rating.
    But now, I'm debt free apart from the student debt which I can pay off over the course of my whole life if I wanted to.

edit. Also free of that pile of misery I used to call my boyfriend. Love truly makes you blind.
    Don't lend people money unless they sign a contract. Even my grandparents used to make me sign a contract.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only student loan

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    I just went from 0 debt to $27,000ish today. New car loan (including interest).
    I usually pay cash for my cars, I would never get a car loan. If you cant buy a car with cash, you probably cant afford it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a creditor, not a debtor. No debt.
    And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
    Revelation 6:8

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    I usually pay cash for my cars, I would never get a car loan. If you cant buy a car with cash, you probably cant afford it.
    Sure I can. I've bought a car with a loan in the past and afforded it just fine. There's a little something called cash flow.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

10+ Year Old Account
    why do people ask whether mortgage counts......
    Of course it does. Try not paying it. You'll quickly find out how serious of a debt it is
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Deleted
    House and car, but will be debt free at 46

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    Guess you like driving used pintos and will never own a house then

Deleted
    About 30k in student loans. But low interest (0.5%), I'm supposed to pay off what I can for 15 years and my country pays off the rest. I even ended up saving some of that money. Except for that, yeah, 750 euro (Blizzcon, yaaay) or so on my credit card, which will be paid automatically somewhere this week.