Are you romantic?

Are you romantic? Tell some romantic story about your relationships

Uh, I have been told that I'm a romantic on multiple occasions. Just don't read my post history to contradict that.

I do research on someone. Be it facebook, twitter, instagram, to see what others might've done (so I don't repeat it), what she likes that I haven't asked or she hasn't told. I talk to their friends and family (bonus points from the mom when you ask these things), remembering dates is a good thing, it's "cute points" and things like little touches usually go a long way.

Of course, if she hates any of the little things, be sure to remember the shit out of that as well (think Tony Stark "did you bring me strawberries... you know, there is only one thing in the entire world I'm allergic to..." "oh, strawberries, i knew there was a signficance and... yeah").

As far as big grand gestures, that's... again, research. Good ideas need to be researched, like I have an F-150, so that "blankets and pillows in the bed" thing is nice and all, but you need to clean it first AND you need to recon where you are taking her, cuz... you know... bugs n shit. Literally, bugs can easily ruin these things and anywhere near a farm or something that puts off a potentially negative scent will kill any romance you hope to kick up.

#1 rule, don't be an asshole.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

10+ Year Old Account
    science says, men are more romantic than women

watch the latest episode of Star Talk...

An entire hour about love and sex. Kinda interesting, and probably crashes some people's views on things.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

10+ Year Old Account
    I have the potential to be romantic, but end up going another route. But I don't really do long term relationships, so it doesn't really matter much.

what about the times a guy go out with a girl.. thinking out all the romantic stuff he can do with the girl, they end up doing nothing of it.. toughts that matters right?

Not really, I find all that fluff irritating.

Deleted
    Not really romantic per say I just really like making my SO happy.

Could be a massage, a nice dinner, her resting her head on me as we watch spastic time (Sorry adventure time).

I got flowers for someone once in the past but it was pretty tacky despite her adoring them

15+ Year Old Account
    I like cuddling, massages and all of that stuff, but I don't care for most romantic gestures. If I'm with someone I'll do it because it makes her happy, which makes me happy. Really don't need anything like it in return though.

10+ Year Old Account
    I definitely have the capabilities to be very romantic, however it all depends on the person I am with. I have dated people who love being woo'd with romanticism, you know the love story kind, and I have dated people that hate it with a passion.

I love doing all those cheesy things for a person. Buying flowers, secret notes on their mirror or in their lunch for work or in their car or jacket. It makes me so happy seeing their big grin on their face. I also enjoy when a girl is romantic with me. It might sounds a bit strange to some people(it's true if you think about it) but I love having a really romantic dinner, massages, hot tubs and then just making love all night. Not just having sex but making love. Idk, it feels so much more emotional then just in and out and your done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampz View Post
    inb4 "flying is a major part of the reason I have fun in wow!"
    Buy a fucking flight sim then

7+ Year Old Account
    Sometimes, sometimes not depends upon the relationship.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    God made humans to give handjobs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stop Pretending View Post
    Being older isn't an excuse for being wrong or obtuse. Grats on being the guy that makes me side with Didactic.

I consider myself a romantic, but I haven't really been able to test that theory.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spraxle View Post
    I consider myself a romantic, but I haven't really been able to test that theory.
    Sure you can!

Woo me with you romantic efforts

Well of course I'm romantic. I always take cigarette out of my mouth before kissing a woman.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I would say I'm not traditionally romantic, but I have my moments. I personally feel that romance arises out of spontaneity - especially when coupled with a relative lack of expectation on the part of the person you're romancing. My wife and I have something we've taken to calling "Just Becausemas," in which we give gifts to one-another for no reason and with no expectation of an exchange. The cost and nature of the gift is immaterial, and we try to avoid a sense of tit for tat or trying to top the last gift in an ever-escalating cycle. I might, for instance, take her to a classy restaurant she'd previously mentioned being curious about one month, and several months later she might buy me a video game she thought looked interesting or that I had mentioned downloading a demo for previously.

Routine and familiarity are the enemies of romance, so developing various tactics to keep things fresh is always a plus.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead