"Your post was quoted" and 'Go to quoted post'-link

It would be awesome if there was a tool for keeping track of when you get quoted in the forums, and a link to the post. Similarly to how we can monitor the general development of a thread with "Subscribed Threads with New Posts" but specifically for when you get quoted.

I'm wondering how they might code it. When a post is quoted, they'd probably need to setup a database that stores that and all other instances of posts being quoted. Then when a player looks at their own post, a function searches the database for all instances of that post being quoted and displays them for you accordingly.

You can do this manually, by the way:

1. Open up the thread or the sub forum you're interested in.
    - Better to do one of these than a general forum search (using the top search bar), since it won't allow you to "Show Posts".

2. Click the "Search Thread" or "Search Forum" button at the top right.
    - The one you see will obviously depend on whether you chose to search a thread or a forum.
    - If you search within a sub forum, be sure to click the button for "Show Posts".

3. Type quote=maythael and hit "Search".
    - This should pop up all instances where you are directly quoted within the thread or sub forum you chose.
    Last edited by Dendrek; 2015-05-10 at 02:47 AM.

Q: Can I be notified when someone quotes me?
    A: We'll look into it, but no promises on ETA.
    If I had a dollar for every time this gets asked.

When I'm really curious to see if someone replied to me, I just scroll through a couple of pages of the thread and ctrl+f my name. I only bother with a page or two though (CBA to dig through like 10+ pages in those really hot topics). Not the most efficient way, but it works.

Agreed that the feature would be nice, but I'm guessing it's not doable.