Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Not to mention all the money they have to spend to have someone use a bomb calorimeter to test how many calories every single dish they serve has and then every future item they add to the menu
    They know the calories of the ingredients. Its simple math.

Quote Originally Posted by Davillage View Post
    They know the calories of the ingredients. Its simple math.
    ^--- This.. I do it all the time when I took at home

Dreadlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I have always been able to look up the calories for menus online, when I go to burger king, which is like 2 times a year, I look it up.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't count calories when I go out. Going out is when I splurge and eat rich. I can prepare calorie-friendly meals at home all day long.

I understand calorie counting, but at the same time I don't really like the idea of quantifying my food by various numerical measurements. I eat what tastes good.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Eat natural foods you won't have to worry so much about calories. Eat fast food and calories are the least of your concerns, and as always portion control.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    I don't count calories when I go out. Going out is when I splurge and eat rich. I can prepare calorie-friendly meals at home all day long.

I understand calorie counting, but at the same time I don't really like the idea of quantifying my food by various numerical measurements. I eat what tastes good.
    Some of us though work at jobs that require us to eat out often for business reasons I personally try to only eat out on special occasions. eating out is a huge waste of cash, I rather put that money to improving my house, or buying Hearthstone cards

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    What infuriates me is things that say "Sugar Free"

Then I look at the back, and it has 10g of "Sugar Alcohol" which is the same freakin thing when it comes to calories. As far as I'm aware, it's just a legal loophole with the FDA.
    That doesn't bother me as much as things labeled "Fat Free". As if people who eat those things think they'll not get "fat" because it's fat free. All that REALLY means is they've turned something that could have been slightly good for you into a carb heavy unhealthy food.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Well not all of us are Gordon Ramsey and can magically know everything in the food we order, what the portion size is and exactly how many calories it is, if you can good for you, I recommend you try out for hells kitchen.
    I didn't claim to be a Michelin Star chef. But when you're a couple pounds into portioning 50 pounds of shrimp, you kind of get a muscle memory for it. Absent that: a portion of meat is about the size of a deck of cards.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Related very much to this topic, the documentary "Fed Up" is worth your time if you haven't seen it already... available on Netflix. Some pretty interesting points raised in it.

Deleted
    Fun fact. Poop has 3 calories

Quote Originally Posted by Illadanati View Post
    Fun fact. Poop has 3 calories
    Up next: The Eat Shit diet, for truly hardcore weight loss. And immediate excommunication from all current social circles

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Up next: The Eat Shit diet, for truly hardcore weight loss. And immediate excommunication from all current social circles
    Followed fairly swiftly by excommunication from being alive

10+ Year Old Account
    I went to MAX here in Sweden today to get a burger and i had no idea what size it was since they only list CO2 in the meny...not calories, not sugar, not fat or carbs just CO2!!! why would they do that!?!? i had to ask the personel what size it was to know what to order (150g).
    I think this marketing stuff has gone way to far, state the weigth and be done with it!
    Oh and they also dont peel their potato anymore so now the fries is more ''green / friendly''... I call it saving cash and marketing bullshit!

Max used to be the best of the big 3 before all this shit. lately i have begun to make my own burgers at home and i have gotten dang good at it, my friends hail praises on me.

http://www.maxburgers.com/sustainabi...on-offsetting/
    Last edited by Clockworks; 2015-05-15 at 11:52 PM. Reason: added link
    I'm a stranger, I'm a changer.
    And I'm danger... maybe...

http://youtu.be/dNEtnyAm6S4