Getting annihilated in 2's

My warrior alt just got to 100 and I am admittedly not particularly skilled with him yet. Been trying to put a dent in this huge CP cap in 2's with random people, but so far I am getting absolutely wrecked every game. Went 0-9 last night before I logged out in frustration. I played with a frost mage and balance druid and although they didn't CC too much nor peel for me when I was getting hammered, I think it was mostly on me.

Most of the matches had either hunter, rogue or feral and in each case I was the focus target every match (playing fury, 631 ilvl) and usually died within 15 seconds. Most matches opened with me getting stunned, and I would end up at sub-50% before the stun was off or I had to trinket to pop DbtS and ER. I was running SD, vigilance, Avatar, AM for most of the matches, but I'm wondering if it would be viable to run UQT with glyph of BT and just sit in d-stance. Otherwise, I just can't survive long enough to do much of anything against double DPS. Actually had better luck with the 2 DPS/healer teams we faced.

I'm wondering if my horrible experience is due to being in poor gear coupled with inexperience with the warrior and teammates that didn't peel, or if I am going to be restricted to playing with a healer if I don't want to be forced to trinket and pop all defensives in the first 5 seconds.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    1) 2s are unbalanced. Like, enourmously. If you play on a high level together with anyone else on a high level, every mediocre fotm combo will destroy you.
    2) Fury is heavily rng dependant. It is true, that Fury can deal huge heaps of burst dps but then again it can leave you in a dry terrain when burst would be needed. Does Wild Strike apply ms effect? Cannot recall.
    3) Warriors are monstrous: With a decent healer in their back. Warriors lack sound self healing and their defenses are scarce or hurt your output.
    4) warriors are prone to be kited. Experience is key when it comes to outplaying good ranged classes. Then again, outplaying good, say, hunters can prove to be impossible.
    5) Warriors live and die with their sword. I don´t think any class scales harder with gear then warriors. This counts especially for your weapon.

Some Advice:

Pop ER early to have it ready in time later. health at 75%? ER!
    Rallying Cry glyph can make a huge difference in 1v1 showdowns. Popping stun into rallying cry into execute will give you an edge.
    intervene. Vigilance. Don´t just have it. use it. You might wanna consider intervene as a movement tool tho.
    I never played PvP on a top level but I recently had a lot of fun with Prot in arena. Not Gladiator. Prot. Sturdy, magic banning prot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

10+ Year Old Account
    OP are you playing with a healer? From the looks of your post, it doesn't look like it.

If you're going to do 2's as any Warrior, it has to be with either a Holy Paladin or Resto Shaman (Arms). Otherwise, play a different class because this class is literally not viable in 2's without a healer. You can only go so far with a Ret/Feral no matter how good the Ret/Feral is at carrying your low skill/low toolkit class.

7+ Year Old Account
    I disagree, I play with a BM hunter and have a decent amount of success, clearing out 28K conquest in 2 days and going from no gear to full primal. We are at ~ 1500 and I will still get rolled by stunlock combos or feralrng but you don't "HAVE" to have a healer.

agree with Ryan Ebonheart, Warrior/healer all the way.

Deleted
    Warriors suck at pvp. It's not you, it's the shitty class. If you want to make it work, spec full prot.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elodia View Post
    Warriors suck at pvp. It's not you, it's the shitty class. If you want to make it work, spec full prot.
    this is shit tier advice. full prot works for casual levels. there are a few viable comps for warriors in 3s.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.