10+ Year Old Account

Thinking about playing this game again.

What is there to do once you get level 80? I dont want to run out of stuff to do. I know there are events and pvp, but what kind of rewards do they offer at 80 once gearing is finished?

- - - Updated - - -

I know that some cosmetic sets are available, but lets say i get a set i like quickly. Once thats done, whats left to do?

There's um... nothing except what you've always been doing son; questing and eventening and more questing.

The thing about GW2 is that there isn't anything that you have to do once you hit 80, a lot of people seem to struggle with this idea.

There are a lot of things you can do though:

100% map completion
    Finish the personal story
    SPVP
    WVW + ranking up in WvW
    You could always try crafting legendaries you could even try to craft each weapon that your character uses.
    You can also try getting ascended gear on your character. This is a good goal if you like WvW or PVE. Arenanet has also been talking about adding difficult group content, so ascended gear may be more valuable when the expansion comes out.
    Collecting skins (if you wanted to try to go for them all).

If you didn't do a lot of skill challenges, you might want to come back and work on those, as the skill/trait system will be overhauled prior to HoT and your ability to unlock them will be based solely on your character level and the number of challenges completed, not how many skill points you have accrued.

10+ Year Old Account
    What exactly is ascended gear? I thought gear past 80 didn't increase in power?

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    What exactly is ascended gear? I thought gear past 80 didn't increase in power?
    There's one final tier of gear after yellow/exotic, and it's called purple/ascended, which you can either craft or buy with dungeon marks.

Deleted
    my goal in gw2 now (since i've stopped wow) is to make some legendaries. I've got sunrise and a lot of incinerator done so far. i'm gonna wait until HoT to do the mastery that allows you to make precursors though, because I cba to spend 1k gold on it. other than that, I either run dungeons and boost friends. it's actually really fun to take newbs into dungeon paths and show them each one, they're all very thankful and that's pretty rewarding in itself. or if you want you could learn to solo certain paths up to the last boss and then sell those paths for lots of gold. that's pretty much the best way of making gold in GW2 as far as I know.

pvp if you're into that stuff, i personally am not that great at it, but i jump into hotjoin to lol around sometimes on my ele/thief. WvW as a thief is great fun. being able to permanently stealth and always get away and pick off squishies is so fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    What is there to do once you get level 80? I dont want to run out of stuff to do. I know there are events and pvp, but what kind of rewards do they offer at 80 once gearing is finished?

- - - Updated - - -

I know that some cosmetic sets are available, but lets say i get a set i like quickly. Once thats done, whats left to do?
    There's pretty much no game that will ever have an unlimited amount of things to do, literally speaking. Others have already mentioned various things to do. When was the last time you played? Sounds like it was prior to ascended gear (which is slightly better than exotic and can take some time to acquire).