Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Newest 6.2 PTR Build, buffs and nerfs to Boomkin

• Mastery: Total Eclipse now provides a 2.5% increase to the maximum damage bonus from Eclipse per mastery (up from 1.9%).
    • Moonfire now deals 4% less damage.
    • Wrath now deals 4% less damage.
    • Starfall now deals 4% less damage.
    • Starfire now deals 4% less damage.
    • Starsurge now deals 4% less damage.
    • Sunfire now deals 4% less damage.

Overall thoughts? Our spells gets nerfed but our mastery gets increased by 30%.
    Last edited by Catbug; 2015-06-03 at 01:52 PM.

Not sure why they went initially with a 5% nerf to mastery and then shot it up to 30+% buff....sigh, need to do maths to see the breakpoints that this goes from nerf to buff.

They are nerfing our flat damage to increase scaling. while a 25% buff to mastery shouldn't really be far too much, but well with 4k mastery it will be very significant at the end of the tier.

more importantly it seems like a buff and it keeps us from reaching a point where mastery is inferior to another stat. Also it promotes better play.

Quote Originally Posted by Catbug View Post
    • Mastery: Total Eclipse now provides a 2.5% increase to the maximum damage bonus from Eclipse per mastery (up from 1.9%).
    • Starfall now deals 4% less damage.
    • Starfire now deals 4% less damage.
    • Starsurge now deals 4% less damage.
    • Sunfire now deals 4% less damage.

Overall thoughts? Our spells gets nerfed but our mastery gets increased by 30%.
    Seems like you forgot to link the rest that affect Boomy as well,

Moonfire now deals 4% less damage.
    Wrath now deals 4% less damage.

*Edit: Spelling*
    Last edited by Azmyth; 2015-06-03 at 03:19 AM.

Right... Really Mathy stuff is happening...
    How is this fairing out (With Set bonuses) to current Balance situations predicted in HFC? (Seeing the Set Bonuses for T18 change a bit too.)
    I'm a Kitsune! Not a cat, or a mutt!

With how much that mastery buff is, it's just a straight buff. Slightly surprised if it goes live as is.

Deleted
    "•Item - Druid T18 Balance 4P Bonus When a Faerie Dragon is summoned, your Arcane and Nature damage is increased by (old buff:6% for 30 sec.) 8% for 30 sec."

I think "the nerf" is to offset this, but changes that say "less damage" always hits harder then anything else. Just a weird thing I guess. In the end though, we are probably still going to be very viable for this tier o/

A lot of other DPS bonuses got buffed too though. We'll need real data with T18 bonuses before we know where we stand, or at least Simcraft data to get a general idea.

The dragons now proc off tics instead of only initial application. That alone is a major buff to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by dawdiiio View Post
    "•Item - Druid T18 Balance 4P Bonus When a Faerie Dragon is summoned, your Arcane and Nature damage is increased by (old buff:6% for 30 sec.) 8% for 30 sec."

I think "the nerf" is to offset this, but changes that say "less damage" always hits harder then anything else. Just a weird thing I guess. In the end though, we are probably still going to be very viable for this tier o/
    The nerf is fairly obviously to offset the mastery buff. They want to change statweights, not buff our damage through the roof. It still maths out to an overall buff anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    The dragons now proc off tics instead of only initial application. That alone is a major buff to it.

The nerf is fairly obviously to offset the mastery buff. They want to change statweights, not buff our damage through the roof. It still maths out to an overall buff anyway.
    very much this ^ I noticed this when trying out my boomkin t18, sent in a bug report for it to be changed to tick instead.

Given that the number of targets doesn't seem to meaningfully impact the number of dragons spawned, i'd say it is currently RPPM.

From what i can tell, it also seems like they buffed the dragons a bit. They definitely scale with intelligence too.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Given that the number of targets doesn't seem to meaningfully impact the number of dragons spawned, i'd say it is currently RPPM.

From what i can tell, it also seems like they buffed the dragons a bit. They definitely scale with intelligence too.
    Or maybe it's a similar mechanic to Shooting Stars where only your latest MF/SF procs the dragons?

Quote Originally Posted by emni View Post
    Or maybe it's a similar mechanic to Shooting Stars where only your latest MF/SF procs the dragons?
    Also possible. Could also be both, though that would be rather superfluous, since either would have the same result alone. On the other hand, they are way to random for ICD, so it's either a flat chance or PPM, with the main difference being how Haste affects them.

Wouldn't mind getting this as a passive or change FoN to work like this for 7.0.

The Archimonde class trinket got a pretty major buff as well, with the normal version having a 83% chance to trigger Starfall, heroic 95.47% and mythic 109.76%.

Deleted
    Looks like their dmg was doubled. Proc chance on initial hit has been greatly reduced or removed. Where I before would get up to 7 spamming MF I am now not getting more than 3 or 4 during the opener spamming MF. Dotting multiple targets doesn't seem to increase the number of procs at all, so it either uses RPPM or using the same mechanic as Shooting Stars. I was getting similar number of procs using only MF as when I was using both MF and SnF, so my guess would be RPPM. Anyway, we should have 90-100% uptime on 4p with the current proc chance. Good change that we don't have to pray to the RNG gods for a proc during opener anymore (well, we still do, but less so than before).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valqt View Post
    The Archimonde class trinket got a pretty major buff as well, with the normal version having a 83% chance to trigger Starfall, heroic 95.47% and mythic 109.76%.
    I for one welcome the ability to stack multiple starfalls.

Quote Originally Posted by Gebuz View Post
    Good change that we don't have to pray to the RNG gods for a proc during opener anymore (well, we still do, but less so than before).
    Pretty boring set though.

Quote Originally Posted by NotAddicted View Post
    I for one welcome the ability to stack multiple starfalls.
    You wont be able too - unless something has changed on the ptr - the starfall from the trinket is the same spell ID as the normal starfall (so you wont be able to stack multiple instances of the spell)

Quote Originally Posted by Gebuz View Post
    Looks like their dmg was doubled. Proc chance on initial hit has been greatly reduced or removed. Where I before would get up to 7 spamming MF I am now not getting more than 3 or 4 during the opener spamming MF. Dotting multiple targets doesn't seem to increase the number of procs at all, so it either uses RPPM or using the same mechanic as Shooting Stars. I was getting similar number of procs using only MF as when I was using both MF and SnF, so my guess would be RPPM. Anyway, we should have 90-100% uptime on 4p with the current proc chance. Good change that we don't have to pray to the RNG gods for a proc during opener anymore (well, we still do, but less so than before).
    I'm not entirely positive, but i think they just made them scale with our stats. Definitely see a noticeable difference when my ring procs(helps that the base damage is static).

I'd go with RPPM from the behaviour i've seen so far.

Deleted
    They scaled with stats before aswell though (except mastery)