Quote Originally Posted by Hellravager View Post
    Still bummed that the female demon hunters still have bras on with their tattoos >.>
    Your expectations were entirely misplaced then :P

10+ Year Old Account
    CD- the ultimate cliffhanger is no cliffhanger at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    Quote Originally Posted by Epuration View Post
    CD- the ultimate cliffhanger is no cliffhanger at all.
    "Prepare yourselves, the bells have tolled! Shelter your gods! Each of you shall pay the final sum! Cry for mercy; the reckoning has come!"

- - - Updated - - -

About 130 episodes away from being caught up on detective conan
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

10+ Year Old Account
    watched the digimon reboot today - only real complaint was the skipping of evolving for agumon/gabumon and no move-calling that I'm so used to in that scene ><
    [CENTER]

10+ Year Old Account
    Interesting read on costs of localization, wall of text though
    http://www.siliconera.com/2015/11/23...-localization/

There have been a number of Kickstarter campaigns to fund the localization of various Japanese games. Muv-Luv is one of those, Clannad is another, and there’s also The Grisaia Trilogy, as well as others.

With it has come a number of people questioning the cost of localization who are seemingly baffled by the costs of the process as implied by these Kickstarter projects. They make themselves known in forums and social media each time one of these Kickstarters appears online.

Now, in response to people questioning the costs of localizing games for the US market, Jess Chavez recently ran through the various costs of localizing a game for the US market in a blog post titled “How The Sausage Gets Made.”

Chavez used to work at XSEED as the localization manager/senior editor but now works as a freelance “localization gun.” So she should know what she’s talking about. Here’s a quick summary of the various points that she talks about as part of the cost of localization:

• Licensing a game and dev team time
    • Translation and editing
    • Voice recording
    • Ratings
    • QA
    • Submission
    • Marketing

One interesting tidbit that Chavez covers is how much difference a game having voiceovers can have on its sales:

“You say that Japanese-only is fine for you, but a publisher loses a significant chunk of sales if there is not an English dub. Is it worth it for the company to release a game with so much of their potential audience written off? Not usually. There are exceptions, of course (companies with smaller expectations for one), but it can have a huge impact on your sales/audience reached. If a company were aiming for a dual release (digi and physical) then a dub is almost always needed because it’s difficult to get store placement otherwise.”

Chavez also points to what a former colleage at XSEED called Tom wrote up on NeoGAF that explains why publishers remove the original Japanese voices from games – “it’s done out of necessity, NOT by choice,” he writes.
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

15+ Year Old Account
    finished first season of genshiken. it was good. saki is really cute. oono too, mostly because she is voiced by saber.

i heard the later seasons are better so i am excited

The Garden of Words: Albeit short and feeling a bit rushed, amazing story. A plethora of different elements and themes. Enjoyed it a lot. Been on a feels train lately; no brakes apparent either.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellravager View Post
    That was one weird dream 0.o, dreamed of a desert which had a wide platform which had 3 beings on it one was a god, 1 was a poor god, another was a dead child (wtf)? Then the child was surrounded by sand that was made out of pity, for some reason it could resurrect the dead. One of the gods told the poor god that he wasnt able to resurrect the child, then i passed by, afterwards the god then said that i can could out of pity. Then the poor god said something that im unable to remember, afterwards i turned around and grabbed some of the sand to rez the child. I rezzed the child, then put some sand in my pocket, after that i woke up feeling confused. Tell me, was i high in my dream?
    Probably high. Or you were having a crazy dream, and it was trying to tell you something. Probably that you wish you had more control over something in your life, and that was your sub-conscious's way of telling you that. Things like this are great - I can lucid dream (and control them; took years for me to get to the point I could), but I don't often.

Often, I find it much more fun to simply progress through a dream normally and watch it than to control it. It's like cheating in an RPG - it's fun, but gets old fast, and you'll go back to playing normally. I will say that the sensation of flying unaided is completely awesome and overwhelmingly terrifying.

Quote Originally Posted by Artorius View Post
    Pretty confident that everyone died
    Am alive... For now.

Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    Praise the Tsun!!!
    Daily praise!

- - - Updated - - -

Grills of the Wilds 211: dem legs tho, if it weren't for Queen, DalDal would be besto

unTOUCHable 76: fuck baryu, he's a dick.

yes, I read romantic/dramallama stories, no h8 pls, I'm a pure young asian woman who needs her stories

✧*。٩(ˊᗜˋ*)و✧*。✧*。٩(ˊᗜˋ*)و✧*。

Started watching Kyokai no Kanata. Interesting show with some fun characters. Feels a bit rushed but still like it quite a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    because vol'jin is unpopular and blizzard wants horde players to feel cool again

wow spoilers i can't wait for siege of undercity
    wow spoilers:

yeah, it feels too much of a fan service expansion at this point.

minus the Varian dying, get rekt Alliance scum.

Chelly
    lol WoW overreactions

Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    finished first season of genshiken. it was good. saki is really cute. oono too, mostly because she is voiced by saber.

i heard the later seasons are better so i am excited
    The first season is actually the best but they're all fantastic.

I think it's the transition between S2 and S3, but I'd recommend reading the manga chapters that it skips. Don't remember the specific details, but a google search should give you that info. And it's not very many chapters.

10+ Year Old Account
    WDQK - Does he lose the rock talisman?

Anyone watch Garo: Honoo no Kokuin? The synopsis seems pretty good. Not a lot of info out there though. So I trust you all with this one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cast for Shirayuki season 2
    http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...evealed/.95723

Sachi Kokuryu as Kazuki, a mysterious man searching for Shirayuki

Shintarō Asanuma as Itoya, a silent man who travels with Kazuki

Mikako Komatsu as Eugena, the second prince of the Tanbarun Kingdom

Inori Minase as Rona, the princess of the Tanbarun Kingdom

New cover

Quote Originally Posted by Schirmy View Post
    Anyone watch Garo: Honoo no Kokuin? The synopsis seems pretty good. Not a lot of info out there though. So I trust you all with this one.
    yeah it's good.
    garo is a really long running 'power rangeresque' show, this is the first anime and it's good. people don't like the second one as much so far

Always fun to see what random characters a voice actor does that you wouldn't connect otherwise. Tonight, saw that Sakurako from Yuru Yuri and Kyubey from Madoka were voiced by the same person.

CD - well... what a long and mostly wonderful ride it has been. RIP Borte, he totally didn't see that coming and it was one of the most satisfying deaths along with the whole 'Fuck Forhan' thing.

Too bad we'll likely have to wait a few months before Ren starts his new project, but I sure hope he'll enjoy his well deserved break.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crimson View Post
    Too bad we'll likely have to wait a few months before Ren starts his new project, but I sure hope he'll enjoy his well deserved break.
    I don't have much to say about CD, other than the last volume did feel rushed but mad props to rwx, in his afterword he said he was translating at an average of 15 chapters/week, for eleven months which is totally insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Epuration View Post
    I don't have much to say about CD, other than the last volume did feel rushed but mad props to rwx, in his afterword he said he was translating at an average of 15 chapters/week, for eleven months which is totally insane.
    About the last volume being rushed, rumour has it IET was forced to wrap the story up faster than intended because CD's sales had been dropping so that he could start on Inch Of Radiance instead.

For like 3/4 months he did quite a bit more than 15 chapters/week. When wuxiaworld started with the donation system in december it used to be 3 chapters/day during the week and 4 chapters/day during the weekend, so pretty much 23 chapters/week, which is beyond crazy if you also consider his 50 hour/week job, all the effort and maintenance going in wuxiaworld's maintenance and allowing it to grow. To be fair, I am honestly surprised that he always managed to maintain his cool and remain friendly without burning out, like quite a bit of translators due to the attitude of some leechers.