Deleted
    For fuck sake, I only follow 3 series from Wuxiaworld and somehow all three are at a climax point simultaneously. There's ATG, where Smooth Che is about to get the Ice element Evil God seed, Xia Qingyue booty/Nine Profound Exquisite Body's inner realm, and somehow survive the whole ordeal against that monster... probably in that order - helllooooo Tyrant Profound Beast's Stomach high club? There's Desolate Era, where the MC's about to get his revenge fuel as his father's totally gonna get killed. And then there's ISSTH, where Meng Hao is being even more Meng Hao than ever before. Seriously, either give me a break or 10 successive chapters from each of those novels, right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    For fuck sake, I only follow 3 series from Wuxiaworld and somehow all three are at a climax point simultaneously. There's ATG, where Smooth Che is about to get the Ice element Evil God seed, Xia Qingyue booty/Nine Profound Exquisite Body's inner realm, and somehow survive the whole ordeal against that monster... probably in that order - helllooooo Tyrant Profound Beast's Stomach high club? There's Desolate Era, where the MC's about to get his revenge fuel as his father's totally gonna get killed. And then there's ISSTH, where Meng Hao is being even more Meng Hao than ever before. Seriously, either give me a break or 10 successive chapters from each of those novels, right now.
    About ISSTH, apparently the cliffs will be a lot steeper in the next 2 books and some really emotional rollercoasters, my poor heart isn't ready for that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rest in Suspense
    [CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Suicidal Panda View Post
    Rest in Suspense
    Those immoral translators, all those cliffs are bad for our hearts.

Chelly
    daymn gurl dem Stella undressing gifs

Thigh Bro 48 He's got a yandere on his tail, he's fucked. Rosebud Alliance goooooooo

Watched 5cm/sec - 8/10

First two parts were fantastic and I especially liked the second one because I, too, grew up on an island and did a lot of surfing with an older sister. The third part, though... I get the implied themes about moving on and being happy that someone else might be happy or any of the other dozen ways it could be interpreted. The fact of the matter is that after building such amazing scenes and evoking a strong emotional investment from the first two parts, the last part just falls completely flat. The fact that you never actually see the MC and the girl meet, there's no resolution or emotional climax that should come at this point in time; even if they met and she was like "I haven't thought about you in years, just stopping by to tell you I'm getting married and will likely never talk to you again," it would have at least brought the emotional build-up to some sort of peak before falling off instead of letting it just fall off over the course of the last third of the film.

It wasn't a bad ending, it's just an open ending with this type of story left me feeling really unsatisfied after building up for a reunion. The first part was definitely 10/10, and the second part was as well. The voice acting and shot framing were especially good, and the soundtrack was great for the most part (the insert song in part 3 was kinda bad).

Not the best choice of movie to watch when in a long-distance relationship

Soooo. Read a review for Xenoblade Chronicles X, the guy said he hated the music.

Where's my gun at?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flame Haze View Post
    Soooo. Read a review for Xenoblade Chronicles X, the guy said he hated the music.

Where's my gun at?
    I stopped caring about that series when I couldn't buy it for a normal game price
    [CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Suicidal Panda View Post
    I stopped caring about that series when I couldn't buy it for a normal game price
    It's $60 but then again, it's on the wiiu.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flame Haze View Post
    It's $60 but then again, it's on the wiiu.
    yeah I meant the original that sold out neary instantly then sold for $100+ by scalpers new

- - - Updated - - -

OPM - noticed quite a few subtitle issues this ep >_>

mumen rider best bro officially. hate those sacrifice yourself speeches like kirito's acceptance as a beater
    [CENTER]

10+ Year Old Account

Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    I actually loved that it didn't really match the overall tone of the series itself. It was one of the OPs of that season that I actually let play out with each episode lol You've disappointed with the "meh" there though, Max. For SHAAAAME!

Though Neichus balances it out with the bit in the OP where Nona dances like a pro.
    Pls it was offbeat to the show so it never felt good. No sort of transition in or out just suddenly 'out of nowhere upbeat music'

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sj View Post
    Watched 5cm/sec - 8/10

The fact that you never actually see the MC and the girl meet, there's no resolution or emotional climax that should come at this point in time; even if they met and she was like "I haven't thought about you in years, just stopping by to tell you I'm getting married and will likely never talk to you again," it would have at least brought the emotional build-up to some sort of peak before falling off instead of letting it just fall off over the course of the last third of the film.
    That's the point though; that's life. Life rarely has those emotional climaxes, it's much more common for things to simply fade away without any resolution, especially in a situation like the one in the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Sj View Post
    Watched 5cm/sec - 8/10

First two parts were fantastic and I especially liked the second one because I, too, grew up on an island and did a lot of surfing with an older sister. The third part, though... I get the implied themes about moving on and being happy that someone else might be happy or any of the other dozen ways it could be interpreted. The fact of the matter is that after building such amazing scenes and evoking a strong emotional investment from the first two parts, the last part just falls completely flat. The fact that you never actually see the MC and the girl meet, there's no resolution or emotional climax that should come at this point in time; even if they met and she was like "I haven't thought about you in years, just stopping by to tell you I'm getting married and will likely never talk to you again," it would have at least brought the emotional build-up to some sort of peak before falling off instead of letting it just fall off over the course of the last third of the film.

It wasn't a bad ending, it's just an open ending with this type of story left me feeling really unsatisfied after building up for a reunion. The first part was definitely 10/10, and the second part was as well. The voice acting and shot framing were especially good, and the soundtrack was great for the most part (the insert song in part 3 was kinda bad).

Not the best choice of movie to watch when in a long-distance relationship
    Should watch Voices of a Distant Star, just to emotionally cripple yourself on top of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    That's the point though; that's life. Life rarely has those emotional climaxes, it's much more common for things to simply fade away without any resolution, especially in a situation like the one in the movie.
    This, is pretty much the exact point. Shinkai's works rarely have a deep and profound resolution. They are rarely ever truly satisfying when they come to a conclusion. The majority of his characters are meant to be people, not characters. People as a whole rarely ever find the perfect answer, or the satisfying moment in life, when all is well, even if only briefly. We're in a constant state of flux and as we get older, we meet new people and it's not that often that relationships which meant so much to us years before ever get the ending they deserve. Relationships and people just kind of drift away from us as we grow older, diverge and expand our own horizons.

The title also summarises the core concept of the film: Regardless of what happens, the Earth will continue turning at that constant rate. No matter how good or bad things get, life will go on.

Gundam:

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Glad I pre-ordered this when I did, turns out I REALLY needed the CE box and just didn't quite understand how much...
    [img]http://i.imgur.com/zqkrgwm.jpg?1[/ img]
    Mine finally arrived today too. Pre-order was so worth it. Even though it's a bit basic, the art's great. Looks like a piece of history already.
    Last edited by Shinzai; 2015-11-30 at 08:01 PM.

Death Note: Albeit I'm late to the party, I enjoyed this immensely. I can understand the complaint of how it falls off after episode 25; the last 12 were a bit sluggish but it wasn't bad at all - it was still excellence. Overall, I'm satisfied with the ending. Except that he lost to Near. Losing to Mellow would have been more reputable. Near was a wannabe L and way too cocky. But i'd say the anime ending > manga ending. The ending animation was nothing but pure art. After all, Light was right. His death marks the literal end of his reign, but the figurative reign of Kira lives on. He will be revered as a God for eternity. Who else could have done it but him?

Now, onto CG and NGNL before people get even more disappointed with me.

Osomatsu-san Ep. 9

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schirmy View Post
    Death Note: Albeit I'm late to the party, I enjoyed this immensely. I can understand the complaint of how it falls off after episode 25; the last 12 were a bit sluggish but it wasn't bad at all - it was still excellence. Overall, I'm satisfied with the ending. Except that he lost to Near. Losing to Mellow would have been more reputable. Near was a wannabe L and way too cocky. But i'd say the anime ending > manga ending. The ending animation was nothing but pure art. After all, Light was right. His death marks the literal end of his reign, but the figurative reign of Kira lives on. He will be revered as a God for eternity. Who else could have done it but him?

Now, onto CG and NGNL before people get even more disappointed with me.
    Raito lost when he trusted Mikami too much

Just finished Neon Genesis Volume 3 over Thanksgiving weekend.

Whoa, this is getting really, really, really creepy...

I'm getting a strong Amnesia vibe from NGE; at this point the story has reached a point where you don't want to continue watching because you dread whats going to happen next, but alas you're nonetheless driven to do so because of that tantalizing desire to dig deeper.

Regardless, the hype train is real! I cannot wait for the next two discs and the film!*Blows horn*
    Last edited by Val the Moofia Boss; 2015-11-30 at 08:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm forgot to watch the OP/ED of Death Parade.

Maji de Watashi ni Koi Shinasai! - watchable 6

Last edited by Enjeh; 2015-11-30 at 09:09 PM.