Quote Originally Posted by crimson View Post
    Those wouldn't be for free though.
    After some gin and tonic tonight, it may be Sakura Spirit time. Will deliver with pics.

Quote Originally Posted by crimson View Post
    Because anime is either for kids or perverted degenerates, or that's what most people like to think.
    Given my most recent viewed anime, that may be true. Even a healthy diet has room for cupcakes <3.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Moofia Boss View Post
    Morning all!

Laputa: Castle in the Sky - 9/10

Miyazaki continues to wow me again, Mark Hamill is a hammily villainous anime character yet again, and I just can't get enough airships and innocently precocious heroines.

My Neighbor Totoro later today! Hopefully... *twiddles fingers*

Really, why wasn't I told of these films before? Better than 99% of the crap movies today, with the other 1% only barely on par.
    May I recommend 5 Centimeters per Second and The Garden of Words. Two unbelievable films; you become completely engrossed in the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Schirmy View Post
    May I recommend 5 Centimeters per Second and The Garden of Words. Two unbelievable films; you become completely engrossed in the story.
    Noted, thanks for the suggestion!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Goriq View Post
    The Ghibli movies are widely accepted and acclaimed, even in the West. Most of them even got showings in cinemas over here. I knew about them even before I even got into anime and so do many people that have no contact with the subject whatsoever.

It honestly puzzles me how someone can not even know that they exist with how popular they are.
    Yeah I knew about Ghibli movies growing up the same way I knew about Pokemon and Naruto (despite not watching it).

Incredibly good looking movies, even though the story isn't anything outstanding in either of those.
    http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/subjective?s=t

Anyway, I kind of agree. It more than the story that matters in Shinkai's films. If you're taking his works at face value then you're doing yourself an injustice as the themes and messages delve deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Worer View Post
    What the hell is wrong with her hair?
    When twin tails strikes back

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Moofia Boss View Post
    I thought people would've gotten over the stigma ten-twenty years ago...
    The Ghibli movies are widely accepted and acclaimed, even in the West. Most of them even got showings in cinemas over here. I knew about them before I even got into anime and so do many people that have no contact with the subject whatsoever.

It honestly puzzles me how someone can not even know that they exist with how popular they are.
    Guess that's the downside of living in a small country like Belgium. Not even Ghibli movies have gotten a lot of recognition over here, and barely any showings. A few months ago I tried recommending Howl's moving castle, wolf children and Mononoke-hime as movies to some people, as soon as I said they were anime it was a no go for them. Which I really consider a loss for them as they are great movies, at least it's somewhat better with the younger generations.

No shit, I was talking about my subjective opinion on them. However, I do no agree that they're incredibly deep or anything. The messages behind the movies are just as complex as the human relationships they're trying to present.
    You don't need to be so aggressive with me.

10+ Year Old Account

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember Spirited Away being in the cinema and I know that movies like Princess Mononoke get regular TV showings over here. I don't know if any of my friends that don't watch anime have watched them though and there's pretty much no one I can recommend them to either.

I know that the younger one of my sisters has the exact prejudices about anime that were talking about here though, despite watching Sailor Moon as a kid, lol.
    Tell her that she has shit taste in English.

I know that the younger one of my sisters has the exact prejudices about anime that were talking about here though, despite watching Sailor Moon as a kid, lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    Tell her that she has shit taste in English.
    This.

My sister's taste is too far gone (her favorite musician is Rihanna). This also makes me realize how blessed normal people are, they don't have to put up with all the taste shittalking.
    It could be slightly worse, it could be Nicki Minaj, but she is indeed beyond redemption.

Deleted
    He's like that all the time. Just insult him back or something. I'd advise slapping, but the technology ain't quite there yet.

Goriq, show her this.

Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    He's like that all the time. Just insult him back or something. I'd advise slapping, but the technology ain't quite there yet.
    https://shipyourenemiesglitter.com/ This might be a good alternative.

10+ Year Old Account
    No shit, I was talking about my subjective opinion on them. However, I do no agree that they're incredibly deep or anything. The messages behind the movies are just as complex as the human relationships they're trying to present.
    I think the deepest anime movies there are would be Satoshi Kon's works. He was a pure genius.

Deleted
    Goriq, what's your address? No reason, just wondering.

10+ Year Old Account
    fite me irl mate I dare u
    I think that's a bad idea for you m8.

Deleted
    fite me irl mate I dare u
    We share borders iirc, right? Time and place, mon!

10+ Year Old Account
    Goriq, what's your address? No reason, just wondering.
    Run while you can Goriq...

Chelly
    We share borders iirc, right? Time and place, mon!
    They've already wrecked your shit once before, they can do it again