10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Goriq View Post
    Okay I must admit that this video is still funny even if you watch it a 1000 times.

And unrelated, gf started to call me Utaha... I guess I've been teasing her too much...

Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    Nah I think it's just a lot of us have gotten to know each other so well we can talk shit more than what would be considered normal on the internet.
    We're a big old mishmosh of people with shit taste yelling into the air that everyone else's taste is shit

It's not like people are actually stuck with their personality. Anyone could just reflect on their behavior a little bit and change the way they post.
    >Implying internet personality
    Pls, I never implied it was purely internet personality (I know I am pretty much the same way irl that I am on here... mostly).

Nah I think it's just a lot of us have gotten to know each other so well we can talk shit more than what would be considered normal on the internet.
    That too.

There's a ton of stuff getting posted in here that I don't necessarily approve of or agree with, but it's not my place to comment on it unless I can add something actually constructive to it. Atleast that's what I'm trying to go by (it obviously doesn't always work out). Overall, I just try to avoid "shit taste calling" nowadays because that stuff has become really tiresome.

What you're saying also goes a bit beyond what I was really trying to get at. Sometimes people should just think for a second before posting, I guess.
    Oh, no doubt, I agree with that. I often type out things and never post them, purely because I know that it isn't the way for things to be done/said/handled. Some people still need to learn things, like spoilers and re-sizing images, but it's nothing that can't be worked around.

That said, the reason the Chat Zone was originally created was to get certain things out of the Fun Zones and Off-Topic parts of the website, and things tend to be a little more lenient around here as a result, no matter which thread it is. People just need to be aware, is all.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxweii View Post
    We're a big old mishmosh of people with shit taste yelling into the air that everyone else's taste is shit
    http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.co...3577570265.gif
    http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2...ntensifies.gif
    And this:

Zath, that hot pot place I went to with my gf before, we're going to again. I mentioned it to my parents a few times and got my mom interested in it, so she said hey next time you go we can all go together (which I'm super fine with cus they gave us a 50$ card for it and likely my dad will try to pay the rest cus he's like that). Seeing my parents try to do this will be great, much excite.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow the Edgehog View Post
    That said, the reason the Chat Zone was originally created was to get certain things out of the Fun Zones and Off-Topic parts of the website, and things tend to be a little more lenient around here as a result, no matter which thread it is. People just need to be aware, is all.
    Pls. The actual reason Chat Zone was created was Bibi was tired of Chat Thread's shit after the war that happened and put us in our own cesspool to rot away.

DRRR - So so so happy this is back. I can't believe it's already the final cour. I really hope they animate the sequel series, but it's hard to tell if they will or not. I'm still really excited to see how DRRR ends, and wraps everything up though. Seeing how everyone got to Shinra's place was cool, and it's awesome seeing the creation of the guild. Can't wait to see what capabilities they'll have with that many people working together.

Overall not too much happened, but it's nice seeing a faction being created that can go against all the other factions. I'm really waiting to see what Ryuugamine will do, since they can't change him so much and have him stay where he's currently at in what he's doing.

The three gas mask guy part was 10/10. He's based. I think Walker almost had a heart attack learning about there maybe being other creatures. I'd love to see a loli werewolf.

The OP is well done, it'll take a bit getting used to the song, but I think it's also well done. I love how they did the animation in the ED. It's normally that way, but the way it was set up this season was really cool.

Utawarerumono - It getting serious like this is cool, but I hope it gets a bit more serious. There's a lot of potential, especially with him having the slave girls. I hope that doesn't go to waste and we can see what they can actually do, because I know they're powerful. It was nice seeing the other girls fighting though. I was kind of hoping the one girl in the tent was actually the leader of the enemy force's daughter, and they "accidentally" kidnapped her.

Hopefully next episode has a lot of strategy/fighting, since I really would like to see some of that in this anime. I'm really curious at how serious it'll get. I've seen some VN adaptions get extremely serious in the second half, and others feel like they'll get serious, but squander it and go half way.

- - - Updated - - -

The beginning of the new OP is great.
    I loved the beginning of the OP. Got really excited when it had that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maxweii View Post
    Zath, that hot pot place I went to with my gf before, we're going to again. I mentioned it to my parents a few times and got my mom interested in it, so she said hey next time you go we can all go together (which I'm super fine with cus they gave us a 50$ card for it and likely my dad will try to pay the rest cus he's like that). Seeing my parents try to do this will be great, much excite.
    Lemme know what they think. I've been aching to try Chinese hot pot ever since having it in the fancy restaurant in Shanghai, and making sukiyaki for the 8th or so time just didn't cut it, since it's totally different. Having a heavy sweet sauce instead of a lighter spicy broth gets a bit tiresome. Me and some others are planning on doing this thing where every month we have a new hotpot, and three of us switch off on making it, and invite some others over. I'm going to find a good really spicy Chinese hotpot to try out when I do mine.

There might be some Japanese ones I could try, but the two most popular ones I've already tried and aren't as good as a spicy broth. Sukiyaki, which is sweet and heavy, and shabu shabu, which is way too light and boring.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    I've really wanted to see this since it's been very well received in Japan, with crazy ticket sales.

On the subject of getting into anime; I got into anime in the 80's. I was only young and the shows I watched were god-awful dubs of unquestionably bad quality, D grade anime shows. One that comes to mind is the Krypton Force VHS tapes of 'The Protectors' (which I later discovered was actually an edited and chopped up version of Gaiking) and also Dino Patrol (aka Kyouryuu Tankentai Born Free). I watched a bunch of these types of shows on VHS, as I loved animated shows in general, but they stuck with me quite hard. Alongside them, there were the Japanese/French productions such as Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors, Ulysses 31, Thundercats and Mysterious Cities of Gold. Robotech and Transformers G1 pretty much shaped the start of my fascination with mecha too. The first thing I saw that I specifically knew to be an anime, was Lensman. It had the 'Manga' logo from Manga Entertainment and made me look for other things with this fantastic logo.

From there, I eventually checked out AKIRA, which probably somewhat scarred me, being about 10~ at the time, the scenes in it were excessively violent and disturbing, not to mention that the characters died in a way Disney and family films could not express. They weren't off-screen deaths, or bloodless, tragic hero burials. There were normal people, in normal looking streets fighting and being shot to death, by other people. Other characters looked on with faces painted with horror and I realised it was too much for me. It actually took me a few attempts to watch AKIRA, but something about it made me desire to see more of this realistic animation style. It made me realise there was far more out there than goofy cartoon characters and morally structured storylines.

A couple of years later, I was tracking down all the anime I could get my hands on, looking at 18/R rated VHS boxes with sweaty palms, while I thought no one was looking. I bought a magazine called 'Manga Mania' from issue one and started reading Manga because of it. Each issue had 3-5 stories, a single chapter of each printed within its pages, some of which included Fire Tripper, Dirty Pair, Dominion Tank Police, AKIRA and others over the years. Alongside the manga chapters, there were movie and series VHS reviews and upcoming release news, as well as discussions with animators, writers and directors, not to mention people within the Western anime and manga importing and translation businesses. This was around 1993 and probably the point of no-return on my fascination with manga and anime.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty interesting list of what may have been the top anime studios of 2015. It's easily contended, but animation quality wise I feel like they have some really good points, and overall agree with most of the list.

http://goboiano.com/list/3872-the-to...-that-ran-2015

Anime Chat Thread Best and Worst Taste in Anime Survey

Please do not vote for yourself!

Edit: Added a comment section. Take the poll again if you want to leave a comment and vote for the "COMMENT" option on both questions. Don't vote for a person again if you have already taken the poll. It's the last option on both questions.

So Koyomimonogatari RAW episode is up on the cat site.

I absolutely loved these 2 when I was younger. I think the twins in Dominion was like the anime equivalent of what every kid got from Jessica Rabbit when that movie came out, for me. Possibly first time I ever felt weirdly attracted to an anime character lol

I agree. What wasn't there to like?

First ever genuine best girl for me though, was probably Shampoo from the Ranma ½ manga.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was looking at that. Are they just short episodes? The file size is quite small.
    They're just a couple minutes, and phone quality. Don't even expect actual animation I don't think.

10+ Year Old Account
    luck+logic That prologue sounded awesome
    *gets to fight*
    FINAL FINISH SWORD.....AND THEN I HEAR RISA TANEDA
    looks like she'll be recurring a bit at least...
    and of course the power is teenagers only!
    ai kayano/sister makes the best lines so far: You're not a stereotypical lead character!
    DEVOTIN LOGIC...I have a feeling the word logic is going to be used at least five times an episode.
    and of course LAST FINAL FINISH SWORD

my god this is another so bad it's good (seiken tsukai no world break) rofl
    [CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Suicidal Panda View Post
    luck+logic That prologue sounded awesome
    *gets to fight*
    FINAL FINISH SWORD.....AND THEN I HEAR RISA TANEDA
    looks like she'll be recurring a bit at least...
    and of course the power is teenagers only!
    ai kayano/sister makes the best lines so far: You're not a stereotypical lead character!
    DEVOTIN LOGIC...I have a feeling the word logic is going to be used at least five times an episode.
    and of course LAST FINAL FINISH SWORD

my god this is another so bad it's good (seiken tsukai no world break) rofl
    Are action/fantasy the only genres? You're comparing it to that garbage so is there more?

I was looking at that. Are they just short episodes? The file size is quite small.
    It's a ONA it was streamed and only in 540p.

- - - Updated - - -

They're just a couple minutes, and phone quality. Don't even expect actual animation I don't think.
    It has actual animation and it's 14mins long.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schirmy View Post
    Are action/fantasy the only genres? You're comparing it to that garbage so is there more?
    That's all that's int here pretty much atm, the comedy that's in it is awesome though

@unified: I'm saying they're both good from how bad they are...and I loved the chant writing/speed chanting too :P
    [CENTER]

Did someone say awesome 80's cartoons?

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Ah, will leave it for a while then, thanks.
    The quality won't go up since it's only released online on the web. So it will probably only be that quality but commie is doing the subs I think.

10+ Year Old Account
    RWBY: Young Cinder was 10x cuter, short hair

10+ Year Old Account
    Finally gave that idiot his keys, now I get to drive home for 4.5 hours.