Quote Originally Posted by Neichus View Post
    I'm in that weird place where I'm not sure what to watch next. I've kept lists of random series around that have come up, but as I peruse them nothing stands out. I'm not even sure what I want to see. I'm scanning through all of the series on CR, thinking about what I've heard of and whether the series would even work with me at all.
    crunchyroll the only option?
    ttgl, it's under gurren lagann on cr

or just watch shit from the first post
    Last edited by bals; 2016-03-15 at 03:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    crunchyroll the only option?
    ttgl, it's under gurren lagann on cr

or just watch shit from the first post
    I've seen TTGL.

And it's not the only option. I have Netflix as well. I've watched a lot on Hulu to boot; I don't mind the commercials, but I don't have a subscription so some things are limited.

I'm actually watching Blue Submarine 6 at the moment; I remember it from somewhere years ago. I think Toonami had it, but I never watched it. It has the older animation look to it. But at only 4 30-minute episodes it won't last long. :P

yeah blue sub 6 was on toonami for awhile I think.
    totally forgot to look at your list when I said ttgl
    Gungrave is a pretty good show but I'm not sure if it's anywhere

Scanning the opening thread, I only haven't seen:

Jojo (tried, not interested)
    Zombie-whatever (from the clips I've seen, not for me)
    Angel Beats (um...maybe...?)
    Clannad Afterstory (I watched Clannad with the thread)
    Monogatari series (my dislike of that series burns brightly)

Afterstory and Angel Beats are on Hulu, so those are perhaps options.

- - - Updated - - -

Gungrave is a pretty good show but I'm not sure if it's anywhere
    That is also on Hulu.

10+ Year Old Account
    Afterstory and Angel Beats
    Definitely watch that one of the two.
    Last edited by Enjeh; 2016-03-15 at 04:00 AM.

Man, Blue Sub 6 is so 90s. The style, the tone, the blatant CG. I can't get over how 90s this series feels.

- - - Updated - - -

Edit: this is going to sound strange, but even the female nudity reminds me of 90s anime.

Man, Blue Sub 6 is so 90s. The style, the tone, the blatant CG. I can't get over how 90s this series feels.

- - - Updated - - -

Edit: this is going to sound strange, but even the female nudity reminds me of 90s anime.
    should watch gunbuster if it's anywhere, super 80s
    plus it's good and super iconic

@Neichus you need to hit up Oregairu on your PTW list

Noblesse(manhwa) 397: I like how shit's been getting realer and realer with every chapter and now we're getting even more. Rai is really using up that power he got from Ragnarok.
    Last edited by Asetotti; 2016-03-15 at 07:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Asetotti View Post
    Noblesse: I like how shit's been getting realer and realer with every chapter and now we're getting even more. Rai is really using up that power he got from Ragnarok.
    cartoon, comic?
    seriously most of you guys suck with spoilers

cartoon, comic?
    Manhwa, there's literally only one OVA of it but I'll fix it anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Asetotti View Post
    Manhwa, there's literally only one OVA of it but I'll fix it anyways.
    there's literally 2 cartoons.
    but people still like to be fast and free with different medium spoilers. either way no one knows what you're talking about unless you label it correctly. what chapter? and it doesn't even matter how many of something there is. just label it correctly.
    Last edited by bals; 2016-03-15 at 06:53 AM.

oh look, so there is.
    but people still like to be fast and free with different medium spoilers. either way no one knows what you're talking about unless you label it correctly. what chapter? and it doesn't even matter how many of something there is. just label it correctly.
    Just drop it. If I don't mark any specific chapter you should probably asume it's the newest chapter. I've been posting about the manhwa before OVAs/cartoons or whatevershits were announced so I'm still a bit in the mind set that they do not exist. Shitty excuse, I know, but I already said I'd fix it and now I'll just go ahead and fix the chapter for you, so that you won't accidentally click on a spoiler with a number that probably doesn't mean anything to you.

- - - Updated - - -

I agree on this so much, really gave that 90's feel. Was an interesting show though, by the time I was finished with it

10+ Year Old Account
    Magi 298 - YES YES YES YES YES TITUS. I've wanted to see him again for SO LONG. I thought that he got forgotten about. The past couple chapters have been great, loved seeing all the places.

Started reading Magi last night before going to sleep. I'm now 40 something chapters in and I might not have slept very long, but I'd say it was still worth it though.

10+ Year Old Account
    cartoon, comic?
    Being honest about this spoiler tag shit recently...

Noblesse is a manhwa and has always been a manhwa. We've always commented noblesse calling it by its name.

If we don't write anything after the noblesse name it should be obvious that we're talking about the lastest chapter of the original noblesse.

If he wanted to talk about the anime adaptation he'd write noblesse anime/cartoon or noblesse ova. Just "Noblesse" implies that it isn't anything other than noblesse and therefore should be the original.

- - - Updated - - -

FT I want to ship Lisanna but Lucy keeps getting naked with Natsu over and over again :|
    Nanatsu Diane will kill King of excitement even without her memories
    Noblesse Can we ship Rai and Raskreia?
    Nisekoi Okay. Shuu and Ruri might end up together before Raku and Chitoge.

Think it's been done for a while where people say 'nisekoi this week' or 'magi this week' and since they aren't air in arm were talking about the manga chapter that just came out. Even with shows like OP where it comes out weekly for a show and manga, they come out on different days entirely

should watch gunbuster if it's anywhere, super 80s
    plus it's good and super iconic
    Can't find it anywhere, sorry. =/

Quote Originally Posted by Sj View Post
    @Neichus you need to hit up Oregairu on your PTW list
    I hardly touch my plan to watch list. I should probably delete it. That said, I have vaguely eyeballed the series here and there. I thought I saw it somewhere, but going and looking at the moment I can't find it.

Edit: nvm, found it. It was under the English title on CR, not the Japanese one.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxweii View Post
    I agree on this so much, really gave that 90's feel. Was an interesting show though, by the time I was finished with it
    I thought about it a little as I fell asleep. The main girl keeps reminding me of a mix between Lain and Lavi of Last Exile, which is about the right time frame on animation.

As for the nudity, I also realized why it reminded me of 90s. In earlier anime series they were a lot more open about actually animating nipples, just on the assumption that, "Yeah, girls have them. What of it?" But it seems nowadays like it's kind of split, as though they've partially adopted a more...Western sensibility on prudishness while at the same time becoming more flagrantly extreme. Either the nudity is "white-washed," like in Spice and Wolf, or it is treated with a fanservice-oriented in-your-face OMGITSBOOBIES attitude.

I have no idea if this conjecture is particularly accurate, but I realized that I do associate that type of open nudity with earlier anime relative to modern series.

@Zatheyll (or anybody who read Punpun): how does it end, out of curiosity? I read the first few chapters, decided I wasn't going to finish it, but I am moderately curious about what happens to Punpun and Aiko.
    Last edited by Neichus; 2016-03-15 at 12:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ao no kanata 10 - Fucking finally. Now we have both "bosses" flying too.