Quote Originally Posted by Shadow the Edgehog View Post
    I feel the same way about this game, actually:
    [IMG]https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfl1/v/t1.0-9/1959503_548981381950214_8132786284520874339_n.jpg?oh=3de30d601fed95724e39c105f5167961&oe=5 78AA508[IMG]

And someone fixed the preview picture for the Fate/Extra anime that Shaft is making:

Looks much better, IMO.
    I'm loling pretty hard. All I think I'd seen from them so far has been the Monogatari stuff. So I started 'Arakawa Under the Bridge' last night, and it's was pretty instantaneous noticing the similarities (weird angled girl necks and close ups of eyeballs).

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    I'm loling pretty hard. All I think I'd seen from them so far has been the Bakemonogatari stuff. So I started 'Arakawa Under the Bridge' last night, and it's was pretty instantaneous noticing the similarities (weird angled girl necks and close ups of eyeballs).
    They're a great studio, I actually really am super stoked to see how they do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow the Edgehog View Post
    They're a great studio, I actually really am super stoked to see how they do it.
    In full agreement. It's my first time watching an anime after I've read the manga (up to ch. 150 or so), and they have done a great job getting it right in feel while making it look better.

Plus they do stellar OP animations (Phoenix Arc and the Maria Opening from AUTB come to mind off hand).
    Last edited by unfilteredJW; 2016-03-28 at 10:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yami View Post
    Well Blizzard overeacted to Tracers butt pose.

http://us.battle.net/forums/en/overw...83?page=11#210
    The sadness of how companies have to cater to the vocal, whiney, minority nowadays

Quote Originally Posted by crimson View Post
    Read some more posts in the tracer but pose thread.

This made me chuckle.
    Hue, best comments.

Quote Originally Posted by Zalënë View Post
    You know what they say; "Haters gonna hate"
    I can't wait to get my hands on Overwatch, though. Looks like tons of fun.
    I can't wait for Overwatch too. I generally don't care much for FPS's, but danm Overwatch just does it all so well.

Hue I tried to find a picture of my beaches in my state and was like "what the fuck is the bays name again?". 10/10

Really depends on where you go how it looks but that's one of the better areas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pls, try and beat this.

Bet you can't.

Zath comes in like the kid from Charlie Brown.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm loling pretty hard. All I think I'd seen from them so far has been the Monogatari stuff. So I started 'Arakawa Under the Bridge' last night, and it's was pretty instantaneous noticing the similarities (weird angled girl necks and close ups of eyeballs).

Sometimes Kyo-Ani likes to get in on the action too:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    Pls, try and beat this.

Bet you can't.
    That water looks like a whale had diarrhoea in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    gifs of necks
    I actually googled Shaft to see what else they had done and the suggested search was 'shaft animation neck pose'.

I almost want to rewatch a couple of these to see if I notice it now. Had no idea they did Madoka Magica.
    Last edited by unfilteredJW; 2016-03-28 at 10:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually googled Shaft to see what else they had done and the suggested search was 'shaft animation neck pose'.

I almost want to rewatch a couple of these to see if I notice it now. Had no idea they did Madoka Magica.
    Shaft is definitely a well known studio, on the level of KyoAni (and in many ways more, since they hold the two best selling late night anime of the 21st century, Monogatari and Madoka). Both of the studios are also known for very clean animation, with well done in-betweens and proper animation flow, something a lot of other studios can fail drastically on. Mainly because both studios keep a central staff for production.

They also don't do many shows each year. While other studios do up to 2-3 a season, Shaft only does 2-3 a year. At the moment they're mainly devoted to all the Monogatari shows, but they're also working on an undisclosed Madoka sequel, and Sangatsu no Lion (which seems to be massively anticipated, airing this Fall, to the point their most important person, Shinbo, will be storyboarding something for the first time in over 5 years).

10+ Year Old Account
    one more down! HaruChika 5.5-6/10 while Chika is awesome the rest of the show were mostly boring and suffered from shit mysteries and/or Haruta being way to OP

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Rage of Bahamut Developer Cygames Establishes Anime Company

PV for one of their games btw...
    [video=youtube;HYrVKLBhitE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYrVKLBhitE[video]
    Song is catchy as fuck.
    With them making a anime studio I hope that they actually make that one into a anime.
    Last edited by Enjeh; 2016-03-28 at 10:50 PM.

Wow
    wowpls
    that's really awesome

Yeah, I think a lot of people are lol Especially if they're going to be making anime out of their games. Can see Manaria Friends coming back from the dead too.

Also, on the earlier Overwatch thing:
    Hue TB is the best of the smartasses out there

Yeah, I think a lot of people are lol Especially if they're going to be making anime out of their games. Can see Manaria Friends coming back from the dead too.

Also, on the earlier Overwatch thing:
    TB is awesome. I know people hate him, but he usually nails it.

Shaft is definitely a well known studio, on the level of KyoAni (and in many ways more, since they hold the two best selling late night anime of the 21st century, Monogatari and Madoka). Both of the studios are also known for very clean animation, with well done in-betweens and proper animation flow, something a lot of other studios can fail drastically on. Mainly because both studios keep a central staff for production.

They also don't do many shows each year. While other studios do up to 2-3 a season, Shaft only does 2-3 a year. At the moment they're mainly devoted to all the Monogatari shows, but they're also working on an undisclosed Madoka sequel, and Sangatsu no Lion (which seems to be massively anticipated, airing this Fall, to the point their most important person, Shinbo, will be storyboarding something for the first time in over 5 years).
    It's nothing I've ever looked into. 'Anime' to me has always been this big nebulous blob; no names, no directors, no actors, just stories.

I'm attempting to correct that.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's nothing I've ever looked into. 'Anime' to me has always been this big nebulous blob; no names, no directors, no actors, just stories.

I'm attempting to correct that.
    It's nice knowing which studio is doing which anime, since each studio has their own different style to it. Here's a comedic approach to some bigger studios. If you go in even deeper, there are people who even analyze the staff, like directors, animation directors, etc. Then you get into the trap of seiyuu's (VAs) and the bands that perform the OP/EDs of shows. It's endless.

10+ Year Old Account
    :O What?! When was this announced? Shit, I gotta look up dates now lol And fucking Shinbo... Jesus.

*anticipation levels rising...*
    I've never even read it and the attention it's getting is getting me excited. To think Shinbo will have such a hands on approach to something for the first time in years is exciting enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, Zath. If I never ever recommend anything for the rest of the year, I'll let this be the last thing lol So worth the read.

The staff list... holy shit:
    Director: Akiyuki Shinbou (Bakemonogatari)
    Character Design: Nobuhiro Sugiyama (Nisekoi)
    Art Setting: Yasuhiro Nakura (Metropolis)
    Art Director: Seiki Tamura (Osomatsu-san)
    Sound Director: Toshiki Kameyama (Hidamari Sketch)
    Music: Yukari Hashimoto (Toradora!)
    I was actually considering reading it.

And yeah that staff list is something else. Lots of dream team people.

It's nice knowing which studio is doing which anime, since each studio has their own different style to it. Here's a comedic approach to some bigger studios. If you go in even deeper, there are people who even analyze the staff, like directors, animation directors, etc. Then you get into the trap of seiyuu's (VAs) and the bands that perform the OP/EDs of shows. It's endless.
    I know that's suppose to be comedic but holy crap that makes it easy.

And very obvious to me now that what I like comes out of the same studios (Bones, Kyoto, Brains Base, Shaft).

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, Zath. If I never ever recommend anything for the rest of the year, I'll let this be the last thing lol So worth the read.

The staff list... holy shit:
    Director: Akiyuki Shinbou (Bakemonogatari)
    Character Design: Nobuhiro Sugiyama (Nisekoi)
    Art Setting: Yasuhiro Nakura (Metropolis)
    Art Director: Seiki Tamura (Osomatsu-san)
    Sound Director: Toshiki Kameyama (Hidamari Sketch)
    Music: Yukari Hashimoto (Toradora!)
    Was reading about this earlier and I'm on the same train.