Quote Originally Posted by Hemoglobin View Post
    Darnasus will always be the best capital city and night elves will always be the best race.
    Is it me, or does Darnasian architecture resemble Chinese?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Neichus View Post
    From somebody who focused heavily on class mechanics, I found every WoW expansion to be superior to the last. I know that isn't a particularly popular opinion, but I think people often confuse the "nuance" of some older designs for something closer to learning the Masonic secrets. So much of it was based on exploiting minor details that were never intended to be major factors. That said, I do think over time the steady loss of the wide-world feeling impacted the game negatively.
    Minor details are what differentiate good players from great players. And sometimes the difference is clear.
    Fire mages for 2 expansions found their way to bug ignite and do a bigger combustions, from spamming Pyro while running to fit 6 of them in a 5s windows defying their gcd to spreading big ignites into <1s filler ignites in order to combine all the damage into one tick. I actually like to have this wide learning curve.

Rogues at SoO for example had a way to start the fight with 5cp/5 anticipation stacks and other very weird tricks like changing gear for a set bonus 1s before pull and crap like this, but it wasn't anywhere as important as trying to fit your cds into deep insight windows without delaying them by controlling the cps generation and finisher order. I really miss using a 3 min CD 8 times in a 2 min fight...

- - - Updated - - -

Tablet posting sucks
    Last edited by Artorius; 2016-04-19 at 03:42 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    *sigh* wuxiaworld is down for me...
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

Quote Originally Posted by Artorius View Post
    Minor details are what differentiate good players from great players.
    I'm not criticizing that. I'm saying that when those details are based on obscure mechanics rather than refinement it isn't the best design. There's a difference between having a wide learning curve and having mechanics that, frankly, break the game and are only discoverable after hours of effort.

Reminds me of how in StarCraft 1, using Patrol made the units respond slightly faster than just Attack-Move. All the pros spam Patrol to get that edge, but that isn't really something you'd want to actually design into a game intentionally.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I'm 3 episodes into Shirobako. It's a real fun watch; however, fuck, it is stressful. As a software developer, I have deadlines and they can be stringent but I would go crazy dealing with this kind of atmosphere. I bet a lot of creative jobs are like that. Actually, I bet if I worked in a startup, it may be closer to this atmosphere but still probably wouldn't touch it

Edit. I swear Suicide Panda's post count does not increase. It has permanently shown as 32 for me but I swear he has posted more than 32 times in this thread alone. Nerf pandas.
    Last edited by Pejo; 2016-04-19 at 04:35 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pejo View Post
    So I'm 3 episodes into Shirobako. It's a real fun watch; however, fuck, it is stressful. As a software developer, I have deadlines and they can be stringent but I would go crazy dealing with this kind of atmosphere. I bet a lot of creative jobs are like that. Actually, I bet if I worked in a startup, it may be closer to this atmosphere but still probably wouldn't touch it

Edit. I swear Suicide Panda's post count does not increase. It has permanently shown as 32 for me but I swear he has posted more than 32 times in this thread alone. Nerf pandas.
    post in chat threads dont count, most of us would have to add 3k+ to due totals just from anime shitposting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pejo View Post

Fun Stuff/Chat Zone doesn't increase post count. Else we'd all be far, far higher.

Also ye Shirobako is really good.

Hundred ep 3 - So Emile was actually the girl from his childhood all along, I didn't see that one coming. Also, this anime is so lewd, he has to kiss a grill every time his virus acts up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crimson View Post
    Hundred ep 3 - So Emile was actually the girl from his childhood all along, I didn't see that one coming. Also, this anime is so lewd, he has to kiss a grill every time his virus acts up.
    with tongue

Quote Originally Posted by Epuration View Post
    with tongue
    Hundred ep 3 - It should either be rated R or heavily sencored. It's too lewd for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hundred ep 3 - It should either be rated R or heavily sencored. It's too lewd for me.
    I wish it was rated R, then at least we could get plot development.

Noblesse 402: It's no surprise that Raizel is in a bad shape now but I still find it kinda funny how he was fine for just one arc and now we're back to one foot in the grave.

Quote Originally Posted by Epuration View Post
    I wish it was rated R, then at least we could get plot development.
    > Japanese originally from a LN
    > 'plot development'

apparently Japanese Red Cross accidentally leaked Euphonium s2 air date to be this fall

i'm ready

10+ Year Old Account
    Mumei in kabaneri is so good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sj View Post
    apparently Japanese Red Cross accidentally leaked Euphonium s2 air date to be this fall

i'm ready

Enogh Yuri now?
    Don't sweat the details!!!

DE - I wonder if these last 2 chapters are a Yu Wei death flag.

10+ Year Old Account
    DE - I wonder if these last 2 chapters are a Yu Wei death flag.
    Nah, they haven't said anything like "we are safe now" so the death flags still need more work to be raised.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not going well for Ajin.

BD. *6. *,492 ***,492 Ajin Vol.2 Limited Edition
    DVD. 14. *,262 ***,262 Ajin Vol.2 Limited Edition

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sj View Post

i'm ready
    http://i.imgur.com/q9Jcmnb.gif
    Hibike actually S2 spoilers. looking forward to all the salty people If they decide to adapt it as close as possible. :3

Quote Originally Posted by Enjeh View Post
    Hibike actually S2 spoilers. looking forward to all the salty people If they decide to adapt it as close as possible. :3
    Please don't tell me the Yuri tease was anime original, that would break my heart. :/