Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    will she be a vampire hunter too tho
    Of course. And the signature facial hair can be placed somewhere else.

10+ Year Old Account
    mayoiga - RIP hyouketsu no jack-san
    [CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    I would assume the American civil war would have been consistently on headlines worldwide while it was happening.
    I need to find the source (I know the book I read it in, but it's 800 pages), but his name had actually spread off the beaten path as well. It wasn't just European well-to-do.

Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Lincoln - the guy who used slaves as an excuse for his war and then got shot?
    Forgive me if it slightly triggers me, but I think after all the attempts at deconstructing Lincoln he still remains the most subtle and remarkable leaders in history (not just of the US, but the world). I know you're making the point purposefully simplistic/humorous, but it irritates me to see how far the idea that slavery was an "excuse" has spread.

I remember a fun saying.
    The difference between Europe and USA? For an European 100 kilometres is a long distance, for an American 100 years is a long time.
    I have never heard that quote, but I really like it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crimson View Post
    Tesla already has a F/GO servant though.
    Well technically Edison is now too.

Tesla, a genius scientist, "The Modern Prometheus" who took lightning from the Gods and brought it down to the realm of man.

Edison, the "King of Inventors", who took the works of others and made them adequate enough to be shown to the world.

The problem is in-story Edison acts like the representative of America and all American presidents from across history empower him to make him even stronger. Which is really stupid and why I was bitching about on some other forum, since it should have been Washington doing that.

Also the lion head is dumb af and literally has no explanation besides "he wanted to look like that" (that and this). Fuck you Edison, you're the shittiest Servant.
    Last edited by Sesto; 2016-04-23 at 04:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Snoop Dog would make the greatest servant tbh

10+ Year Old Account
    Why are those designs so horrible? Do they have to put light-bulbs at his shoulders just because the guy is known for light-bulbs? lol.

Tesla's is also horrible, what the fuck is even that. But this lion with light-bulbs is so strange that I don't even know which part of it is weirder.

They should make an archer servant for me. I could be like Gilgamesh. I summon all the anime I've dropped and rain them down on my enemie, burying them in their shit taste.

Deleted
    Flying Witch
    Kuma Miko
    Kiznaiver
    Luluco
    Boku no Hero Academia
    Kabaneri
    Re:Zero
    Mayoiga
    Boku no Hero Academia
    Bungou Stray Dogs
    Kiznaiver
    Sousei no Onmyouji
    Joker Game
    Kuromukuro
    Seisen Cerberus: Ryuukoku no Fatalités
    Tanaka-kun wa Itsumo Kedaruge
    Big Order
    High School Fleet
    Netoge no Yome wa Onnanoko ja Nai to Omotta?
    Sakamoto desu ga?
    Anne Happy
    Bakuon!!
    Sansha Sanyou
    Shounen Maid
    Hundred
    Macross Δ

What am I missing from this to-watch list?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Artorius View Post
    Why are those designs so horrible? Do they have to put light-bulbs at his shoulders just because the guy is known for light-bulbs? lol.

Tesla's is also horrible, what the fuck is even that. But this lion with light-bulbs is so strange that I don't even know which part of it is weirder.
    This is what happens when you can't even scrape the bottom of the barrel any more and try to make anyone famous into a servant.

15+ Year Old Account
    Tesla doesn't even look bad, he looks pretty much how I'd expect an anime version of Tesla to look.
    Last edited by Sesto; 2016-04-23 at 04:18 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    What am I missing from this to-watch list?
    Usakame! and maybe Endride? haven't seen it tho.
    Last edited by Enjeh; 2016-04-23 at 06:55 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    This is what happens when you can't even scrape the bottom of the barrel any more and try to make anyone famous into a servant.
    That's sort of the point of Heroic Spirits, you know...

Kiznaiver ep 3 - Can't have a show where pain is shared without a major masochist, right?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    That's sort of the point of Heroic Spirits, you know...
    Let's take a look at some servants from the root of the whole franchise, F/SN, and the later prequel F/Z.

Medusa - half-beast demigod(Or perhaps a god? Both parents are gods in the mythology) with magical powers. Capable of turning enemies into stone with but a gaze.

Hassan-i-Sabbah - creator of a semi-mythical organization of assassins, name of which is the very origin of the word "assassin". In Fate universe it's the collective name for all heads of this organization.

Sasaki Kojirō - a historical figure known for his skill with the sword. Fate universe turns him into a fictional being, with an unknown swordsman's soul used to emulate Sasaki's rumoured martial prowess.

Heracles - a demigod known for his might.

Medea - a powerful sorceress.

Gilgamesh - a demigod of great strength. Fate universe plays mostly on his epic as the oldest known work of literature, thus gifting him with the position of "source of all myths" and an enormous repository of "original" magical treasures.

Shirou - user of a powerful Reality Marble magic, person of great martial prowess and an able magician even without his Reality Marble - because I'm not exactly sure how it works with the time paradox. In the future notorious for war crimes, though he was actually framed.

King Arthur Pendragon - a fictional(???) British leader, famed for his leadership and military prowess, wielder of magical/divine/whatever Excalibur. Also a cute teenaged girl.

Cú Chulainn - a demigod and the incarnation of Lugh. Famed for his martial prowess, great deeds, and short life.

Diarmuid Ua Duibhne - a demigod and one of a famous band of warriors.

Iskander - Alexander the Great, a great king and military leader. Created one of greatest empires of the ancient world through military conquest, undefeated in battle.

Gilles de Rais - historically an ally of Jeanne d'Arc and a knight, known for raping and murdering countless children and his involvement in occult where he wasted vast fortune on summoning daemons. Fate universe decided to disregard his military service and focus on the kid rapist/murderer and magic stuff instead, with a bit of Jeanne d'Arc in background.

Lancelot du Lac - a mythical knight from Arthurian legends, Arthur's greatest companion and an unsurpassed swordsman and jouster.

Angra Mainyu - essentially the greatest devil of one of most ancient religions. In Fate universe he comically turned out to be powerless after being summoned, because the religion just took a random guy to be the scapegoat for everything imaginable.

See a common theme? Demigods, magicians, warriors, military leaders. Whether they originate from myths, stories, or actual history they all have some actual basis for the prowess they display as servants. The Grail might enhance them, but those are all abilities they had when they were alive in this universe. Hell, when the Einzberns summoned Angra Mainyu because of the stories about his power they ended up with an useless weakling because the actual person had no abilities to speak of. Now, when did that stop mattering and a simple - if genius - scientist/inventor is suddenly on par in battle with Heracles? How does a businessman, no matter how great, compare in combat to a legendary assassin or a mighty magician? That's why I say it's scrapping the bottom of the barrel. Some people are really not suitable for becoming servants, no matter how famous they are.
    Last edited by mmocab3a46fee3; 2016-04-23 at 06:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    mh. conhost.exe runs with battle.net launcher right?

15+ Year Old Account
    Hell, when the Einzberns summoned Angra Mainyu because of the stories about his power they ended up with an useless weakling because the actual person had no abilities to speak of.
    When he was originally summoned he had no abilities, because you're right, he was literally a random person. But after becoming part of the Grail he did gain abilities akin to his fame, as seen in Fate/Hollow. That's my point. Fame and the perception of these historical characters is one of the sources of their power.

You're also ignoring that even in modern day there are people with the abilities comparable to the heroes of old. Magic is real in the Nasuverse. There are multiple organizations dedicated to it. This isn't comparing a normal scientist (our Tesla) to a legendary hero, this is comparing a scientist who lives in a goddamn world where magic, vampires, and divine beings are real. Nasuverse Tesla was a genius who stole the power of gods and bestowed it upon the people. That's why he's a Heroic Spirit.

If you're alright with a random Japanese kid becoming a Servant, then one of the most famous inventors becoming one shouldn't be strange. Heroic Spirits are legendary people who changed the world, their Noble Phantasms being a crystallization of their legend. Tesla was undeniably someone who had a lasting impact on the world and is still famed in the modern day for it.

Honestly, your argument is flawed because it could be used for Gilles or Hassan, too. In real life, they were powerless schmucks. How could some random French soldier who knew Joan of Arc be comparable to a mythological demi-god like Heracles? How could some guy who ran a religious organization fight against Medusa, the monstrous Gorgon? It's because they're in the Nasuverse, and they actually interacted with fictional things like demons and magic. Like Tesla.

- - - Updated - - -

Whether they originate from myths, stories, or actual history they all have some actual basis for the prowess they display as servants.
    For an additional note, it's not like Tesla literally runs around smashing people with super strength. He uses his inventions.

- - - Updated - - -

Big Order 02 - This show is so over-the-top and dumb. I'm probably going to watch it anyway just because I want to see where this trainwreck goes.

Tsundere Dog girl
    https://cdn.awwni.me/spci.png

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

10+ Year Old Account
    I asked my Dad (who has extensive knowledge on world history and cultures) and he listed it this way, took me by surprise. But his thoughts on who would be the most well known for their contributions and attributing a name to those contributions rather than a name to a place or city.

It would go:

Columbus > Washington > Lincoln > JFK > Edison

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    dog belly rubs nsfl

Quote Originally Posted by Enjeh View Post

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    When he was originally summoned he had no abilities, because you're right, he was literally a random person. But after becoming part of the Grail he did gain abilities akin to his fame, as seen in Fate/Hollow. That's my point. Fame and the perception of these historical characters is one of the sources of their power.

You're also ignoring that even in modern day there are people with the abilities comparable to the heroes of old. Magic is real in the Nasuverse. There are multiple organizations dedicated to it. This isn't comparing a normal scientist (our Tesla) to a legendary hero, this is comparing a scientist who lives in a goddamn world where magic, vampires, and divine beings are real. Nasuverse Tesla was a genius who stole the power of gods and bestowed it upon the people. That's why he's a Heroic Spirit.

If you're alright with a random Japanese kid becoming a Servant, then one of the most famous inventors becoming one shouldn't be strange. Heroic Spirits are legendary people who changed the world, their Noble Phantasms being a crystallization of their legend. Tesla was undeniably someone who had a lasting impact on the world and is still famed in the modern day for it.

Honestly, your argument is flawed because it could be used for Gilles or Hassan, too. In real life, they were powerless schmucks. How could some random French soldier who knew Joan of Arc be comparable to a mythological demi-god like Heracles? How could some guy who ran a religious organization fight against Medusa, the monstrous Gorgon? It's because they're in the Nasuverse, and they actually interacted with fictional things like demons and magic. Like Tesla.

- - - Updated - - -

For an additional note, it's not like Tesla literally runs around smashing people with super strength. He uses his inventions.
    Here's Tesla's and Edison's descriptions from Grand Order
    A man recognized as a genius scientist, a "worthy rival" of the King of Inventors Edison, who "controlled electromagnetism" from the 19th century to 20th century. Recognized as a "prodigy without equal" and the "Modern Prometheus", he was one of the great scholars who "clarified the power of thunder and lightning", previously described in various mythologies as a "legend of god." The "man who revealed Zeus' thunder to the world", he brought about "electricity" to human civilization.
    Born in the 19th century, he was an American inventor whose vast number of achievements are such that they need not be said. He was one who, rather than coming up with inventions on his own, was "extremely proficient at reconstructing the work of other pioneers into easily proliferated forms." He was extremely dedicated to his work, sleeping only three to four hours per day and otherwise fully exerting himself in work at all times. He held cordial relationships with many other inventors, such as Alexander Graham Bell and Charles Babbage, but his rivalry with Tesla was the one exception.
    Tesla' wording is ambiguous, but I'm fairly clear it refers simply to his research. "Modern Prometheus" does not equal him to deity, but instead his research into electricity to the mythological Titan's bestowal of fire upon the humanity. Still, the grandiose wording leaves room to interpretation. Edison's description however is much, much less ambiguous. There's nothing mystical or magical about him. He is just an inventor and businessman.

That aside, however, my point is that Fate universe originally took various suitable figures from stories, history, and myth and imagined them from a what-if perspective. What if magic existed, what if myths were real, what if those stories were not made up. What if Gilles de Rais' forays into demonology were not a waste of money but instead allowed him to command magic and become a wizard of considerable might. What if the myths and stories about Hassan and his order of assassins were real, and they used black magic and dark rituals to become more than human and kill the targets via curses. Original servants were not chosen randomly and randomly given powers no matter the real world background, that real world background was instead cleverly used to forge the Nasuverse background. Where does Tesla and Edison fit in here? There are no stories of their encounters with the mystical, there are no myths and mystery surrounding anything around them. Grand Order forcefully manufactures everything relating to them to turn them into fighters.

Also, that "random Japanese kid" became a servant through his martial prowess and mighty magic, not through stories and fiction. In the future from which he hails he is hardly a "random kid" but instead a notorious war criminal.