10+ Year Old Account
    I'd prefer to just go with Pakku rather than Pack, Pack just reads too poorly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Tbh, I think me being such a stickler for this is just because I've read 6 arcs with his name being "Pack", so I'm much more used to that. Even more so when the Japanese LN calls him the same. The only reason for it to have a single letter changed is really what you said above. Puck is a name that feels more natural as a name to us (especially considering it's in other things we know of).
    Me and gf were too when a friend called him puck discussing last week's episode. We tend to pronounce all the names the same way as they're pronounced by the japs =p

Quote Originally Posted by Artorius View Post
    Me and gf were too when a friend called him puck discussing last week's episode. We tend to pronounce all the names the same way as they're pronounced by the japs =p
    Damn weebs.

Reached the finals of the Karuta team matches in Chihayafuru s2, just when you think it couldn't get any hyper than the semi-finals.

10+ Year Old Account
    ARENA 01: Kujō Sakurako [Jibril]
    ARENA 02: [Kōsaka Honoka] Sakura Kyōko
    ARENA 03: [Yūki Asuna] Kanzaki H. Aria
    ARENA 04: Ebisuzawa Kurumi [Hikigaya Komachi]
    ARENA 05: [Takanashi Rikka] Sonoda Umi
    ARENA 06: [Senjōgahara Hitagi] Stephanie Dola
    ARENA 07: [Oshino Shinobu] Kinomoto Sakura
    ARENA 08: Nagato Yuki [Abstained] Ebina Nana
    ARENA 09: Hikigaya Hachiman [Meliodas]
    ARENA 10: Kuroba Kaito [Abstained] Yūki Rito
    ARENA 11: Sakamaki Izayoi [Ichijō Raku]
    ARENA 12: [Roy Mustang] Ginko
    ARENA 13: [Orihara Izaya] Okita Sōgo
    ARENA 14: Togashi Yūta [Sinbad]
    ARENA 15: [Edward Elric] Kageyama Tobio
    ARENA 16: [Kanda Sorata] Aomine Daiki
    ARENA 17: Suzunoki Rin [Abstained] Ayasato Mayoi (Maya Fey)
    ARENA 18: Misaki Akeno [Abstained] Izumi Kyōka

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by crimson View Post
    Damn weebs.

Reached the finals of the Karuta team matches in Chihayafuru s2, just when you think it couldn't get any hyper than the semi-finals.
    The Manga right now is way more hype, read it!

ARENA 05: Takanashi Rikka [Sonoda Umi]
    ARENA 06: Senjōgahara Hitagi [Stephanie Dola]
    ARENA 08: Nagato Yuki [Ebina Nana]
    ARENA 09: [Hikigaya Hachiman] Meliodas
    ARENA 11: [Sakamaki Izayoi] Ichijō Raku
    ARENA 12: Roy Mustang [Ginko]
    ARENA 13: [Orihara Izaya] Okita Sōgo
    ARENA 14: Togashi Yūta [Abstained] Sinbad
    ARENA 15: Edward Elric [Abstained] Kageyama Tobio
    ARENA 16: Kanda Sorata [Abstained] Aomine Daiki
    ARENA 17: [Suzunoki Rin] Ayasato Mayoi (Maya Fey)
    ARENA 18: Misaki Akeno [Izumi Kyōka]

10+ Year Old Account
    ARENA 02: Kōsaka Honoka [Abstained] Sakura Kyōko
    ARENA 03: Yūki Asuna [Abstained] Kanzaki H. Aria
    ARENA 04: [Ebisuzawa Kurumi] Hikigaya Komachi
    ARENA 09: Hikigaya Hachiman [Abstained] Meliodas
    ARENA 11: Sakamaki Izayoi [Abstained] Ichijō Raku
    ARENA 12: Roy Mustang [Abstained] Ginko
    ARENA 13: Orihara Izaya [Okita Sōgo]
    ARENA 14: [Togashi Yūta] Sinbad
    ARENA 15: Edward Elric [Abstained] Kageyama Tobio
    ARENA 18: [Misaki Akeno] Izumi Kyōka

ARENA 02: Kōsaka Honoka [Abstained] Sakura Kyōko
    ARENA 07: Oshino Shinobu [Abstained] Kinomoto Sakura
    ARENA 08: Nagato Yuki [Abstained] Ebina Nana
    ARENA 11: Sakamaki Izayoi [Abstained] Ichijō Raku
    ARENA 13: Orihara Izaya [Abstained] Okita Sōgo
    ARENA 17: Suzunoki Rin [Abstained] Ayasato Mayoi (Maya Fey)
    ARENA 18: Misaki Akeno [Abstained] Izumi Kyōka

Quote Originally Posted by Artorius View Post
    The Manga right now is way more hype, read it!
    Still got a few more eps to go, but it picks up at somewhere around chapter 90 in the manga, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    ARENA 02: Kōsaka Honoka [Sakura Kyōko]
    ARENA 07: Oshino Shinobu [Kinomoto Sakura]
    ARENA 10: [Kuroba Kaito] Yūki Rito
    ARENA 17: Suzunoki Rin [Ayasato Mayoi (Maya Fey)]
    [CENTER]

ARENA 10: [Kuroba Kaito] Yūki Rito
    ARENA 16: [Kanda Sorata] Aomine Daiki

ARENA 02: Kōsaka Honoka [Sakura Kyōko]
    ARENA 03: Yūki Asuna [Abstained] Kanzaki H. Aria
    ARENA 09: Hikigaya Hachiman [Abstained] Meliodas
    ARENA 11: Sakamaki Izayoi [Ichijō Raku]
    ARENA 12: Roy Mustang [Abstained] Ginko
    ARENA 13: Orihara Izaya [Abstained] Okita Sōgo
    ARENA 18: [Misaki Akeno] Izumi Kyōka

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

For no reason at all:

10+ Year Old Account
    WoD had a lot of the same. Probably more, actually, since they put a giant warhammer right in the middle of a street and I've yet to see a TV commercial for Legion, whereas I still see plenty of Over watch ads. Only extra thing I've seen Legion get is audio dramas. Granted, I have zero hype for Legion but I don't see how they're going all out more than ever before.
    Big hammers in the middle of a street are cool and all, but how many people are actually going to see that? The moving comics and audio dramas are far more impressive.

But mainly in game. The amount of content for Legion is getting pretty insane. They also said they will be working on it until the very end, not abandoning it half way through like they did with WoD. It almost feels like they abandoned WoD so they could do so much for Legion. I was very meh about Legion ever since it was announced, but after really looking into it the past couple weeks, I'm more hyped for this expansion than I was since I played Wrath.

WoD had a lot of the same. Probably more, actually, since they put a giant warhammer right in the middle of a street and I've yet to see a TV commercial for Legion, whereas I still see plenty of Over watch ads. Only extra thing I've seen Legion get is audio dramas. Granted, I have zero hype for Legion but I don't see how they're going all out more than ever before.
    Just go with it, Unified. Zath is secretly a Golden Retriever puppy. He's easily excited.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemoglobin View Post
    Just go with it, Unified. Zath is secretly a Golden Retriever puppy. He's easily excited.
    Pls.

I quit WoW for over a year in WoD because I'd gotten so bored of the game, but Legion looks to change all of that for me. Just with the new class changes I've been having so much fun playing even WoD content, and really excited to enter into Legion.

I've got to admit, I kind of want to try out WoW again when the expansion drops, will probably sign up for a month at least, just to see what it feels like.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have enough stuff to play without getting back into an unending game....brb playing enter the gungeon
    [CENTER]

I want to play Legion but probably not a good idea with my course load next semester. I'll likely end up getting it later. Though I'll be bummed to miss out on that feel an expansion has when everyone's playing it for the first time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemoglobin View Post
    I want to play Legion but probably not a good idea with my course load next semester. I'll likely end up getting it later. Though I'll be bummed to miss out on that feel an expansion has when everyone's playing it for the first time.
    I'm going to probably hate myself this semester (especially when Marketing and Foreign Policy projects start hitting like trucks), but oh well. Initial rushes of expansions are one of my biggest addictions. I just won't sleep.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm actually surprised, this is the first expansion I'm not hyped for whatsoever. I don't even feel the slightest inclination to resubscribe.

Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    Speaking of this, I've been going through the new stuff for Legion, and it's getting me super hyped. I don't think I've seen Blizzard go all out on an expansion like they have for Legion. I've only read two of the comics, and listened to the first Tomb of Sargeras, along with reading up on some stuff, but I'm getting seriously excited.
    Well, what I appreciate about the audio here is that it better lays things out. I think one of Blizzard recurrent problems is that for those of us who rely purely on the game for lore (I've never been a story-hound, I just play the game because it's good mechanically) we often have no clue why we're doing what we're doing. BC was easily the worst for this: as much as people praise that expansion, I had absolutely no idea that we were building up to going after Illidan. I mean, I played WarCraft 3 so I knew his story but from a purely raiding perspective the progression made no sense (Mount Hyjal what?).

Over the years they've done a better job of getting these things across to the player base. To me, Legion is finally where they've managed to reunite clear purpose with their refined storytelling. Last time this happened (for me) was Wrath, where there was a good reason to go after Arthas and we all knew it. Since then we've just had bad guys pulled out of nowhere: Deathwing pops out of the world like an entertainer from a cake, Pandaria is conjured out of thin air, and then we're sent to an entire alternate time line just to create the bad guys. Even as they improved their storytelling ability it was hampered by the essentially arbitrary nature of the villains. The Legion feels meaningful again.

I think Legion is doing things right that the previous WoW expansions have mostly experienced near-misses with. Now, obviously what remains to be seen is whether this translates through the rest of the expansion but I feel they have a good start.

Quote Originally Posted by crimson View Post
    One of the things I really like is the fact that they added mythic+ dungeons, which looks really appealing to someone who won't be able to raid during the 'normal' hours.
    This element is highly appealing to me as well. I'm done with organized raiding. I did it for 10 years, and it was good, but over time the excitement of seeing the 50th internet dragon die just became outweighed by the slog of running a guild and shouldering the responsibility of our nightly performance.

For me the "all out" feeling more from mechanics than advertising. There's something about the choices they've made that feels like they finally cut some restraints loose somewhere. Blizzard has typically been so incredibly timid with class changes, always worrying about changing things too much. It's like they felt constantly beholden to the past to ensure that everybody was somehow happy, while simultaneously making nobody happy by doing so little.

In Legion they have better defined their goals. The most important thing is that they have shifted their emphasis from class to spec. Previously they wanted you to feel like you were playing a certain class, which often led to design confusion as they tried to knit all the specs together into a coherent "class whole". That has been substituted by individual spec fantasies, which has helped them clarify their vision about how to refine what you really do as a spec. Think about it: nobody plays an untalented Warlock. They play an Affliction or Destruction or Demonology Warlock.

These two things taken together have, in my opinion, resulted in excellent design in Legion. They realized what they wanted to accomplish and decided to no longer let history hold them back. Between this and their obvious focus on fan favorite topics, this is why Legion feels "all out" to me.

Quote Originally Posted by goriq View Post
    WoW is terribly designed and has been for a few expansion packs now and from what I've seen Legion doesn't even really start to fix any of the real problems.
    I don't want to be confrontational, but how would you substantiate the claim that WoW is "terribly designed"? I think they've made various errors, but notably have not repeated most of those more than once.

Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    content drought is brutal to some of us
    Tasteless jokes aside, Blizzard really did mess up support with WoD. The expansion felt like it was designed to last a year at most, not two+.