Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    can anyone here draw

because i really think we should make a vn it'd be so cool. we already have programmers and writers here, we only need some artists
    We should make a dating sim where all the girls are unironically shit and there are no options for the "friendship" end with any of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Neichus View Post
    Just finally got around to watching Orange 7 (just before Orange 8 drops), and while I really liked the episode it seemed extremely incongruous that they used several of those traditional "anime outtake" face/eye styles when they had never done so before. Kind of ruined part of the immersion for me.
    You know, something about episode 7 bothered me and I couldn't put my finger on it, but you totally nailed it. Something about the directing really took me out of the episode and that's totally what it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Neichus View Post
    (It's past midnight in Utah-land, so I'm going to post since I just spent a few hours putting this together and am antsy to get it out here.)

Spice and Wolf: Final

Once again I was so late last week that it became a two-fer, just like the first six episodes of the season. The vague recollections of my original impression of S2 have more or less been borne out: I preferred this arc significantly more than the last one, and that I feel S1 is superior to S2.
    Your sentiments match mine, really. I couldn't stand the Amarty arc the first time and I couldn't stand it again this time. It wasn't adapted well at all because in the LNs the frustration level wasn't nearly as high and the characters seemed a lot more "in-character" in the book. The second half of S2 was probably my favorite arc by far, and if it had its own rating it would've been a 9/10 for me definitely. Ultimately I'm leaving my MAL scores the same: 8/10. Still a solid show and definitely a unique one at that.

Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    now do you understand that you'll get some thick skin against bullshit in other mango?
    I believe you. I stopped at ch62 last night. That long-distance relationship shit is stupid, MC is poster boy for wanting to have the cake and eat it too, except he's too fucking scared to look at it or eat it.

Quote Originally Posted by Epuration View Post
    Will the real best girl please stand up?
    [video=youtube;nWt-PL93a-U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWt-PL93a-U[video]
    Since when did Emilia guest-star in Katawa Shoujo as the wheelchair girl?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sj View Post
    I believe you. I stopped at ch62 last night. That long-distance relationship shit is stupid, MC is poster boy for wanting to have the cake and eat it too, except he's too fucking scared to look at it or eat it.
    Man you still have another 200 chapters to go. There are some fantasy chapters in there Seo does get into Hentai. Kimi is so weird, it felt like a step back compared to Suzuka. But you would have to read Suzuka before you read Fuuka. Since they are actually all connected.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yuri!!! on Ice

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enjeh View Post
    Yuri!!! on Ice
    Should be called Yaoi.

Kimi Machi wouldn't be so bad if it weren't so predictable. Like every bad thing that's happened I've been able to guess literally every time. When MC was pretending to be boob-chan's boyfriend while they were in Tokyo for their school trip, I just knew his girlfriend was gonna show up and see them.

Seo is a hack writer.

I'm back from the dead after 4 days and read up the last 16 pages, it was so full of shit.

Just kidding. Didn't really read them but knowing you guys I can safely assume most posts would be shit posts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crimson View Post
    I'm back from the dead after 4 days and read up the last 16 pages, it was so full of shit.

Just kidding. Didn't really read them but knowing you guys I can safely assume most posts would be shit posts.
    welcome back! also wb @Caine

That's actually pretty good. I used to be able to draw really well when I was younger but I stopped in high school when I started getting more involved in music.

It's still better than most stuff I draw.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by goriq View Post
    I'm still not up to date on Spice & Wolf. I think I have 4 episodes left to watch. It only hit me how busy I'd actually be after I was done organizing the rewatch so I guess I only have myself to blame. I'll try to watch them today/tomorrow.
    I personally watched the last 3 during my rewatch session last week cause I knew I'd have no time this week (backlog of 15 airings atm too)
    [CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    Seo is a hack writer.
    God yes he is lol I just got to the part where he finds out that Yuzuki is dating his friend and his friend only has a year to live... so what does he do? he declares war on the guy lol what a fucking madman i love it

God yes he is lol I just got to the part where he finds out that Yuzuki is dating his friend and his friend only has a year to live... so what does he do? he declares war on the guy lol what a fucking madman i love it
    Hoes before bros, am i rite?

Quote Originally Posted by crimson View Post
    Hoes before bros, am i rite?
    I mean, I get what he's doing but jesus tapdancing christ he's so cringy about everything he does

I mean, I get what he's doing but jesus tapdancing christ he's so cringy about everything he does
    Every manga I read from Seo, Kimi no Iru Rage, Suzuka, half & half and Fuuka made or still make me feel so conflicted at times. Binged the first 2 after they were completed and at certain points I just went 'fuck this' and dropped them, only to restart binging them again a few days later. A lot of the stuff is really predictable and cringy at times but you'll still succumb to reading more because you're secretly a major masochist. Fuuka is well... read it and you'll know what I mean.

Well, I mean, I did read Nisekoi faithfully. Kimi Machi kinda falls into the same "so bad it's good" soap opera sort of tier of shit that I enjoy reading. I don't know if I'd read any more of his stuff if it's similar (though gf asserts Suzuka isn't bad despite its reputation).

Well, I mean, I did read Nisekoi faithfully. Kimi Machi kinda falls into the same "so bad it's good" soap opera sort of tier of shit that I enjoy reading. I don't know if I'd read any more of his stuff if it's similar (though gf asserts Suzuka isn't bad despite its reputation).
    Despite him being a hack, I'd probably still recommend his other works to you, even though the formula is almost exactly the same. His characters are all the same archetypes, some times shuffled around a tiny bit.

I can't even express why it's worth reading though. It's predictable, tedious and almost just straight up stupid at times. And yet, I still read his stuff. I have no idea why I enjoy it, or if I really am enjoying it.

Suzuka is definitely the best of Seo's work.

You should check out Sasuga Kei's 2 works sometime. They are romance with some ecchi and with a better plot. GE - good ending is somewhat similar to KNIM but with an mc whose is better and I really liked the drama. Domestic no Kanojo is also pretty good and has amazing art.

I've noticed that for manga I either like the dark, psychological stuff like Boku wa Mari and Punpun (I need to get back to reading that one, it was really good so far), or romance like Sukitte ii na yo and even Citrus (although that one is super hammy soap opera stuff). Chihayafuru has to be my favorite manga by far, though.

I'm definitely open to manga suggestions, especially if they're completed works as I already have several that I'm reading atm.

- - - Updated - - -

Aww man chapter 100 was actually really touching

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm definitely open to manga suggestions, especially if they're completed works as I already have several that I'm reading atm.
    Mh not exactly like those ones, but If you are up for a short and cute romance I'm suggesting Bonnouji.