10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schirmy View Post
    There's a severe lack of JoJo spam in this post.
    Fine. Here is some jojo spam:
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by goriq View Post
    He's not banned anymore. He either didn't notice that his ban ran out or chose not to come back.
    He hasn't been on in general in a while his profile says.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Fine. Here is some jojo spam:
    [IMG]http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/001/165/835/710.jpg[IMG]
    I approve.

Although, in regards to the newest Jojo episode, Is Act 3 the first "sentient stand" so far? Or am I not remembering correctly. I mean, my guess from the start was Koichi only has a stand because Josuke healed him before he died from the arrow, so it makes sense that his stand would keep changing since it would be weak at the start due to that, but I didn't expect it to actually start talking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Read if you wana get spoiled a little:
    http://jojo.wikia.com/wiki/Echoes
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Read if you wana get spoiled a little:
    http://jojo.wikia.com/wiki/Echoes
    I want to know but I don't want spoilers, the dilemma

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post

Half way through a damn preview and I'm already dying inside...
    The whole movie will kill me just as much as the manga did.

basically had the same reaction watching

I'm pretty pumped for this movie even though it's still months and months away from us here in the States.

Yeah, was amazing watching their faces when the camera went back to them lol It's exactly how I imagine I looked too, honestly. The movie is genuinely going to destroy my heart.
    Genuinely can't wait for this soul crushing experience. I think it's going to be one of the most important animated movies ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Qual code 8 (yes I'm behind for the first time) Read the lips properly for once rofl
    [CENTER]

How can you guys be so sure that it will do the story justice? A single movie doesn't seem to be enough to adapt the entire story properly.
    Yamada is bae, plus all the clips I've seen have been better than their manga counterparts. There's plenty that can be trimmed out or combined without harming the story, and quite a bit that can be and actually help the story.

10+ Year Old Account
    Those posters are fantastic. Dunno if they look accurate but they look fantastic lol
    Plans of about 50 episodes? How much would that even cover :S
    Maybe the end of the beast invasion arc where grandpa becomes a muslim

How can you guys be so sure that it will do the story justice? A single movie doesn't seem to be enough to adapt the entire story properly.
    It's more than just being about creating a perfect adaptation. That's not what I'm looking for in it. What I'm looking for is an auteur expression of beauty, pain, youth, bullying and understanding. I expect it to be full of sullen lows and heady highs.

As long as it carries the weight and feel of the manga, it will have done its job. It's never going to be an exact replication of the manga and there will be a lot missing. However, they have the artists and direction to offer a compelling visual narrative in cinematic form. They don't have to follow every story thread, as long as the core is there and the interpretation works in the media of a movie.

I'm sure people said they didn't want a Ghost In The Shell film when they heard about it, because it would never cover the manga in part, never mind in full, due to its length.

Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    America's Next Top Model
    I said auteur, not autistic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sunshine 10 - skipping hype posting for this: SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I wish they banked on that ending scene w/ ending song ><
    [CENTER]

I don't want them to adapt every part of the story just for the sake of it. I'm just worried that it might feel disjointed or rushed because they couldn't fit in everything that was necessary.

I don't mind them cutting out parts when the final product is a cohesive and impactful movie.
    Unless some serious mismanagement or studio interference has occurred, it should be everything we're hoping for. The script writer is famous for Bakuman series 1-3, K-On, the 'Aria' series, a large amount of Blood+, Shirobako and more.

She knows how to write, really tight and compelling material, that flows well and tends to be effectively self-contained (except of course, where longer or multi season shows are concerned). The director is mostly known for directing K-On, series and the movie, as well as Tamako Market Love Story. Neither of which are my type of anime, but I have to concede, they are excellently directed and scripted.

With the hands that it's in and how it looks so far, I doubt we have to worry too much. I may be wrong of course, it might turn out to be a shit-show, but it's just highly unlikely. With a great, young director and writer, both just starting to shine their brightest, I think it's looking really good.

Qualidea Code 9 - Better every episode.

15+ Year Old Account
    7.1 trailer almost got me, damn

But WoW is shit

Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    >kansas

fucking redneck dorothys
    The fact he lives in Kansas is what concerned me. Who the hell lives in Kansas. I'm pretty sure the Central United States is a lie and it doesn't exactly exist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    7.1 trailer almost got me, damn

But WoW is shit
    Considering the word shit is thrown around carelessly and lost all meaning. It's actually fairly enjoyable. Just time consuming is all.