Quote Originally Posted by goriq View Post
    Stuff like decapitations, missing limbs, entrails falling out usually don't bother me, at least in anime. Stuff like the chelsea smile is where it starts to get disgusting for me. I know a scene in one of the Higurashi anime where fingernails are being torn out and that alone is enough to keep me away from that anime.
    I guess prolonged and/or graphic mutilation or torture, right? I don't think there was anything worse than chelsea smile you've seen in the trailer, other than the complete scene itself. One becomes kinda numb to the usual stuff after a while, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by goriq View Post
    I know a scene in one of the Higurashi anime where fingernails are being torn out and that alone is enough to keep me away from that anime.
    As a fan of the series, that scene is nasty as fuck. Just remembering the scene makes me a little uncomfortable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Warau Salesman-- not bad. OP is quite interesting.
    1.st story was kinda weird, but second one made more sense.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Random manga recommendation: 1/11

Genres: Romance, Shounen, Sports, Tragedy

Personally I'd say Seinen would be a way better fit than Shounen.

The best way to describe this manga would be a collection of short stories centered around Andou Sora and the people he met through playing football. Some of the chapters managed to be pretty hard on the feels. I'd also have to say that the story isn't linear, which might be slightly confusing at first.

From the 12 chapters translated so far my favorite ones would be chapter 1 and 12, both had me tearing up, and if you'd read them, you'll understand why. The combination of these 2 chapters is an easy 10/10 for me.

For the rest I really liked the Shinomori Nina, Koshikawa Rinya, Oda Maaya and Konno Kanetsugu shorts, but there wasn't a single one that I wouldn't call good.
    Last edited by crimson; 2017-04-03 at 08:26 PM.

Do you think Tanya the Evil is a better person at the end of season than she was in episode 1?

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Do you think Tanya the Evil is a better person at the end of season than she was in episode 1?
    No. I think they purposefully made her "more evil" in episode one with that last scene, but that seemed more like a producer choice to hook people. I would argue that her personality is actually pretty even throughout, although she's definitely getting more ticked at Being X by the end.

ReLIFE 173 - Megane Hishiron is best

Urara Meirochou
    chiya > nono > saku > kon's mom > saku's guards > witch > nina > fox kon > kon > koume
    although it's really more like chiya > everyone else > koume

Quick question
    If you see the Darkness nendroid go live for pre-orders let me know please.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    Quick question
    If you see the Darkness nendroid go live for pre-orders let me know please.
    that's a statement. not a question.

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    that's a statement. not a question.
    The question is if you see it go up can you please let me know.
    Not asking much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    The question is if you see it go up can you please let me know.
    Not asking much.
    Way too much work and effort, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Neichus View Post
    No. I think they purposefully made her "more evil" in episode one with that last scene, but that seemed more like a producer choice to hook people. I would argue that her personality is actually pretty even throughout, although she's definitely getting more ticked at Being X by the end.
    In the beginning of the series Tanya was mean, she sent her two underlings to their death. At the end of the series she was very much trying to protect and save her subordinates. She was also desperate in trying to end the war and prevent more death. In the beginning she hated Being X at the end she was going to shoot the statue but decided against it. I think Tanya gradually progressed to a better person by the end of the series though she isn't perfect.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

15+ Year Old Account
    Rokudenashi Majutsu Koushi to Akashic Records 01 - This is trash but it's fun trash. I'll watch it, the MC is alright and the school uniforms are 11/10.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    In the beginning of the series Tanya was mean, she sent her two underlings to their death. At the end of the series she was very much trying to protect and save her subordinates. She was also desperate in trying to end the war and prevent more death. In the beginning she hated Being X at the end she was going to shoot the statue but decided against it. I think Tanya gradually progressed to a better person by the end of the series though she isn't perfect.
    She wasn't trying to end the war to prevent more death. She was trying to end the war so her life would become a whole lot easier.

And the statue scene wasn't supposed to be taken that way, it was just a symbolic shot of her vs Being X. Obviously she wasn't going to actually shoot the statue because what exactly would that accomplish?

Quote Originally Posted by Schirmy View Post
    Who ever this guy is, they have pretty nice taste.
    >MAL and YT avatar is Rena
    >Favourites: Higurashi

Quote Originally Posted by Asetotti View Post
    Who ever this guy is, they have pretty nice taste.
    >MAL and YT avatar is Rena
    >Favourites: Higurashi
    This punk bitch motherfucker.

10+ Year Old Account
    As a business major, I can't wait for the industry to crash and burn, so it can fix itself, come into the modern age, and have actual quality take over.

Nekopara vol 3 is coming out at the end of the month.