Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    Umineko Chapter 07 -

Spoiler: 
    You know I had my post all thought up until the tea party and now I can't even remember half of what I was going to say... just when everything seemed wrapped up, that went and happened. What the fuck. Honestly, that had been my initial theory during the very first game with the very first murders: they all murdered each other over an inheritance scuffle. To see it all play out like that was quite disturbing... I mean, what the fuck Kyrie... I thought you were cool.

Granted I don't really know if any of what we saw was true. Bernkastel was cut off when she used the red truth, after all.

I'm not sure what to make of those flashbacks either. Kinzo being the one to come up with the idea to kill the Italians? A body that can't love? I'm not sure what the second is exactly supposed to mean but the first is kind of sad... I hope it isn't true.

In general, this chapter was really amazing. I loved the atmosphere, it was quite brilliant to have it set during a funeral. The first half in particular just felt amazing having everything be revealed on that rainy day.

It seems like I was kind of right, though wrong about the reason why Beatrice's child had different 'personalities'. To be quite honest I don't really understand how Kanon is even supposed to work... did 'Lion' switch between pretending to be Shannon and Kanon from time to time? Jessica falling in love with Kanon makes it confusing since he clearly can't just be a complete illusion like Gaap. I thought they would go in-depth with that during the big confession but Kanon was barely mentioned at all. Did everyone (outside the servants) actually believe Kanon and Shannon were different people? It's kind of bizarre - surely there were scenes where people spoke to both Kanon/Shannon in a group scenario...? I genuinely can't remember if anything contradicts this.

As for the games, I don't have a full idea because Will's rebuttals were kind of vague... but I think I mostly get them now? If both Kanon/Shannon are illusions it doesn't really matter if they die, and 'Lion' can continue to kill people, I assume. Using this logic you can explain a lot of the strange scenarios from the past games, particularly when red text was used to definitely say Shannon/Kanon died.

Honestly I had been thinking Kanon was suspicious, I think after the fourth game. His situation was somewhat similar to Kinzo's in that his deaths were kind of strange and followed a pattern, but I had never imagined something like this would be revealed. This Beatrice twist was something I simply never saw coming.

And I'm not sure if I missed something but Battler's parentage still hasn't been addressed? At this point I'm assuming it was a red herring and his real mother is irrelevant, but it's strange it was never even mentioned. To be honest I thought Will might be revealed to be an some form of Battler, like his future self or something. Maybe I still believe that? There's still the mysterious reason why Will left the organization to be revealed, who knows how this plays into things.

All in all, wew. The scenes with Kinzo really were 10/10, especially when he was explaining his past and was begging Lion for forgiveness. In the end what he did was quite fucked up, but I can't help but pity him.

Genji was also amazing this chapter. Gotta admire what he did.

Lion is also super cute. Having the same voice actor as Saber helps.
    Spoiler: 
    Oh the fucking Tea party. It's so brutal. I don't even know what was the most brutal part of it to me. Was it the fact that Kyrie and Rudolf more or less killed them all and were going to kill them all regardless of Beatrice existing. Or was it the disembowelment of 'Claire' which more or less showed glimpse of one of the scenes in red with Yasu pretty much screaming at Genji, Nanjo and Kumasawa for not letting her die. The way Claire read the story was completely different and that just makes you wonder how the rest of the scenes were in reality.

Wasn't it Kinzo's commander who decided to kill the Italians in the flashback though? Granted, it was only something Kinzo was telling us so details might have been different.
    Body that cannot love - the VN doesn't clarify this iirc so I recommend reading manga for the final arc after you're done with the VN. Especially the manga extra chapters 'Confession of the golden witch' are really interesting.

Yasu switches between Kanon and Shannon. People who are accomplices know about this. The servants are all in it every single time though not 100% sure about Gohda since it has been a while since I read it. During the first four arcs, only people who were accomplices or soon to be dead could see Kanon and Shannon at the same time. Not a single time did Battler meet both of them at the same time except during the first episodes Tea Party. It was the same with other people too. Kanon was always around the corner 'watching from the shadows' or something when Shannon was being scolded.

Will's answers though. Those were weird af when I first read it. I was just like, 'wat, I spent over a month reading this and this is what I get?!' but really they all make sense if you look at the scenarios.
    Like this one:

First game, first twilight, six corpses in the garden shed.

Illusions to illusions. The corpse that cannot return to earth returns to illusions.

Shannon's body was never there. Her body was in the back of the shed for this reason. Only Hideyoshi and Kanon saw it and just told everyone else that it was there.
    The red web that Will never solved there being the most brutal of them. Not because it's particulary hard but because of what it implies about Yasu's personality. In the third game, when Nanjo died, Shannon and Kanon were dead right? Or rather, Kanon was a ghost that was guiding Jessica. This isn't actually a problem except it kind of is. The epitaph had been solved and Beatrice had said in red that she keeps her promises. To me atleast this is heavily implying that Shannon, Kanon and Beatrice are all just facades for Yasu, and Yasu is still there. Shannon and Kanon were 'dead' and Beatrice promised not to kill, this leaves Yasu to kill Nanjo regardless. Feels kinda bad tbh.

Genji is indeed based. Lion is a super cute and probably my favourite of all the Yasus/Beatrices/whatevers.
    Really glad you liked this chapter. It's probably the most controversial chapter in Umineko and a lot of people hate it with a passion, /a/ in particular hates episode 7. I personally really loved 7 and was really surprised when I saw how much /a/ hates it.

10+ Year Old Account
    aww yes. need that Teekyuu fix.

Teekyū Anime Renewed for Season 9 This Summer

Shin Itagaki is once again directing, writing, storyboarding, and designing the characters for the upcoming season at Millepensee.

The original manga and the anime both follow the everyday lives of four girls in a high school tennis club — although they hardly play any tennis
    http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...summer/.114497

Ghost in the Shell Gets New Anime From Kenji Kamiyama, Shinji Aramaki

Kodansha and Production I.G announced on Friday that a new anime based on Masamune Shirow's Ghost in the Shell manga has been green-lit. Kenji Kamiyama (Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex) and Shinji Aramaki (Appleseed) are co-directing the anime. The format and release date have not yet been announced.
    http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...ramaki/.114481

The first episode of Clockwork Planet was certainly a disappointment. It is just rushed to hell, cutting out much of the LN and leaving only the bare minimum of the plot, as well as changing a lot of the details.

I will probably give it a couple more episodes because I like the LN, but so far it is pretty bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Confirmed: I'm the only one of us that liked how bad Gin no Guardian was.
    I just don't talk about what I like/don't like. I'm watching it still
    [CENTER]

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asetotti View Post
    Spoiler: 
    Oh the fucking Tea party. It's so brutal. I don't even know what was the most brutal part of it to me. Was it the fact that Kyrie and Rudolf more or less killed them all and were going to kill them all regardless of Beatrice existing. Or was it the disembowelment of 'Claire' which more or less showed glimpse of one of the scenes in red with Yasu pretty much screaming at Genji, Nanjo and Kumasawa for not letting her die. The way Claire read the story was completely different and that just makes you wonder how the rest of the scenes were in reality.

Wasn't it Kinzo's commander who decided to kill the Italians in the flashback though? Granted, it was only something Kinzo was telling us so details might have been different.
    Body that cannot love - the VN doesn't clarify this iirc so I recommend reading manga for the final arc after you're done with the VN. Especially the manga extra chapters 'Confession of the golden witch' are really interesting.

Yasu switches between Kanon and Shannon. People who are accomplices know about this. The servants are all in it every single time though not 100% sure about Gohda since it has been a while since I read it. During the first four arcs, only people who were accomplices or soon to be dead could see Kanon and Shannon at the same time. Not a single time did Battler meet both of them at the same time except during the first episodes Tea Party. It was the same with other people too. Kanon was always around the corner 'watching from the shadows' or something when Shannon was being scolded.

Will's answers though. Those were weird af when I first read it. I was just like, 'wat, I spent over a month reading this and this is what I get?!' but really they all make sense if you look at the scenarios.
    Like this one:

First game, first twilight, six corpses in the garden shed.

Illusions to illusions. The corpse that cannot return to earth returns to illusions.

Shannon's body was never there. Her body was in the back of the shed for this reason. Only Hideyoshi and Kanon saw it and just told everyone else that it was there.
    The red web that Will never solved there being the most brutal of them. Not because it's particulary hard but because of what it implies about Yasu's personality. In the third game, when Nanjo died, Shannon and Kanon were dead right? Or rather, Kanon was a ghost that was guiding Jessica. This isn't actually a problem except it kind of is. The epitaph had been solved and Beatrice had said in red that she keeps her promises. To me atleast this is heavily implying that Shannon, Kanon and Beatrice are all just facades for Yasu, and Yasu is still there. Shannon and Kanon were 'dead' and Beatrice promised not to kill, this leaves Yasu to kill Nanjo regardless. Feels kinda bad tbh.

Genji is indeed based. Lion is a super cute and probably my favourite of all the Yasus/Beatrices/whatevers.
    Really glad you liked this chapter. It's probably the most controversial chapter in Umineko and a lot of people hate it with a passion, /a/ in particular hates episode 7. I personally really loved 7 and was really surprised when I saw how much /a/ hates it.
    Umineko chapter 7 spoilers
    At the end of the tea party three scenes flashed on the screen. One was what the body that can't love scene, and one was what I assume to be Kinzo about to do something to the Kuwadorian Beatrice. The third one was Kinzo's commander saying something along the lines of "Kill the Italians? Are you mad, Kinzo?!" I assume that one was a fake-out?

And yeah I assumed that was how it worked, but I didn't really remember all the details so I couldn't say for sure. What about the 4th game then - since the tests were involved did they solve the epitaph? Since Kanon's body was never shown there and it involved things like Kyrie being killed in a locked room I assume it must have been Yasu, but I'm a bit curious how things are supposed to work (like them 'falling' through a trap door and waking in a prison) and stuff. Though Maria's peaceful corpse makes sense now.

Do you know why /a/ hates chapter 7? I feel like I have some idea why they might. I do have some issues about how things were handled, but in all it was presented incredibly well so I'm willing to ignore them.

Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    I have to disagree. The two acted in a way that would inevitably put both Tanya and others in danger - and so she got rid of them in the simplest and fastest way possible: by sending them to a "safe" post in the bunkers. Yes, she knew they're in more danger there than in active duty on the very front, and she expected them to fall victim to artillery - but killing the two was not the objective, just a side effect of an efficient solution. I blame the anime's director for adding that stupid grin in the moment she heard the news, it was really misleading and changed the feel of that scene in a major way. -.-
    I can see that argument as well. But we can agree that the grin was pointless.

Chihayafuru 179 - Taichi playing in a tournament in the way we've been waiting/dreading. The "promised match" comes soon, too. Chi-hype-afuru has returned.

Umineko chapter 7 spoilers
    At the end of the tea party three scenes flashed on the screen. One was what the body that can't love scene, and one was what I assume to be Kinzo about to do something to the Kuwadorian Beatrice. The third one was Kinzo's commander saying something along the lines of "Kill the Italians? Are you mad, Kinzo?!" I assume that one was a fake-out?

And yeah I assumed that was how it worked, but I didn't really remember all the details so I couldn't say for sure. What about the 4th game then - since the tests were involved did they solve the epitaph? Since Kanon's body was never shown there and it involved things like Kyrie being killed in a locked room I assume it must have been Yasu, but I'm a bit curious how things are supposed to work (like them 'falling' through a trap door and waking in a prison) and stuff. Though Maria's peaceful corpse makes sense now.

Do you know why /a/ hates chapter 7? I feel like I have some idea why they might. I do have some issues about how things were handled, but in all it was presented incredibly well so I'm willing to ignore them.
    /a/ is incredibly salty that their own theories weren't the canon solution and believe that Shannonkanontrice wasn't intended but is instead something RK07 came up with much later.

Body that cannot love refers to Yasu, their body was mutilated by the cliff incident. Yasu can love others but they can't have children.

Kinzo part makes sense now actually. Yeah, it should be entirely possible that it was indeed Kinzo that came up with killing the Italians. Incredibly sad when you think about it, makes me wonder if Beatrice knew about it. Then again, it's entirely possible that it went more or less like Kinzo said it went. In the end, Umineko is all about interpretation.

Fourth game, first twilight. A massacring storm sweeps through the dining hall.

Illusions to illusions. Tales woven by the gold truth return to illusions.
    All survivors that told about it to Battler were accomplices. The manga goes further into this. The epitaph wasn't solved though.

Fourth game, fourth, fifth, sixth, seventh, and eighth twilights. None of the runaways are left alive.

Earth to earth. Illusions to illusions. Silent corpses, adorned by fiction.

Yasu killed every single person on the island and commits suicide. Nobody is left to tell about what happened.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sj View Post
    Chihayafuru 179 - Taichi playing in a tournament in the way we've been waiting/dreading. The "promised match" comes soon, too. Chi-hype-afuru has returned.
    lalalala
    THE NEW KING IS BORN.

10+ Year Old Account
    Berserk season 2: Dont bother watching EP 0, its just a fast recap
    Ep 1 and 2 are ok, but there fells like to much time skip at castle part. (also that bitch is crazy)
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Confirmed: I'm the only one of us that liked how bad Gin no Guardian was.
    I'd say it is actually watchable as a "so bad it's good" type. The first episode is painfully terrible, but I have to admit on thinking back about it, I was at least, not bored.

Clockwork Planet Episode 1 - 3/10: On the other hand... this is just so bad, that it's bad. It's got some distractingly bad animation/art, due to it simply looking rushed. It looks like the goddamn anime that they're making in Girlish Number. It look even remotely like the manga and it has none of the character or, likeableness of it either. I'm going to put this at least 50% down to pure direction. The manga's a goofy shounen type, but it's enjoyable.

The show's weak presentation, pacing, animation, etc just screws the whole thing over however. This could've/should've been a solid 6/10 type show, but it's not even that. I don't think I can watch any more because of the way its entire presentation and delivery just screams that it's a half-assed job. It shouldn't have been amazing, but it should at least have been consistently entertaining. At least it's got finger sucking?

Renai Bouken Episode 1 - 5/10: The art direction and visual design choices for this show nearly, /nearly/ killed it for me. I really dislike the usage of pastels and washed out colours, when the manga feels bold in its presentation, with thick lines and strong coloring/shading. The whole point of the visual gag that the entire manga is, is that it looks comparable to Death Note art-wise, except it plays everything for jokes. Instead, the show looks like some melancholy rom-com visually. When I found out it was being handled by part of the production crew of Ame-iro Cocoa, I realised why.

It looks cheap and lazily made, with some scenes completely losing their impact compared to the manga panels, but most of the jokes and gags still work and still land. They're just somewhat de-fanged here. Akane in particular loses half of her impact from being marginalised into non-existence, when her yandere shift and attack in the first chapter is a real stand-out moment in the manga, with great art, menacing panels and a real feeling of danger. Here, it just comes off as being a joke, like when any other character does the whole fake-anger thing. I don't take her even remotely seriously as a character.

Disregarding the presentation aspect, the rest of the show is pretty solid, because of the good source material. If it wasn't for that, I'd probably give this a 3/10 instead. I really hate the way they've cheaped out on the show visually though.

Rokudenashi Majutsu Episode 1 - 6/10: There's not a huge amount to go into here, you're basically getting a chapter or two of plot, with some minor cuts/edits, but it's nothing more than an introduction to the main characters. The animation/art/sound are fine, I've no real complaints about any of them. It's just going to be a weak start to this show, as it plays its hand quite close to its chest until things start really moving forwards. I would say to those unsure about continuing to watch it to stick around for the usual 3 episodes, but I can't deny it's a fairly weak opening overall. The promise for a well made show is there however. If anything, I would suggest that they're pushing it as a full-blown comedy a little too hard.

The Utaha Show Season 2 Episode 1 - 8/10: I love the way the show's so po-faced about lampooning its own first season while presenting another fan-service episode to kick things off for a second time. Not to mention Utaha's thighs. And everything else about her. I'd give it a 9 or 10, but Eiririririri still exists, so, no. Art's on point as usual, animation's good, opening is pleasant enough, voice actors are the main interest as usual, with the normal fast paced, rapid-fire banter. You can tell from the get go that they've maintained the same level as the first season and I can't wait for more already.

Boruto Episode 1 - 7/10: Yeah... I watched it and you know what? It's not bad. This is more standard-fare shounen for the most part, in the world of Naruto that people either love or hate. It's fairly well presented, has all the nods and winks that fans may want as well as being its own thing to an extent. If anything has changed, I would say that it feels as though the show is aimed at a younger audience than the original Naruto, tying in more with Boruto's own age and current position in the world. Other than that, I have no real input on it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sales 3/27 - 4/02

Bad format, so I'll take the important ones. Combining DVD and BD sales when possible.

KonoSuba S2 v1 up to 13.5k

Fuuka v1 - 2k

Gabriel Dropout v1 up to 3.8k

Kuzu no Honkai v1 - 781 (RIP)

Demi-chan v1 - 3k

YOI and LL Sunshine still selling as strong as ever. Whodathunk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gonna marathon Kuzo No Honkai this weekend now that I have some free time.

Episode 1 - Quite a racy episode. Was not expecting that. I like the main chick's VA. She's a really good fit. The art is pretty good at times but then other times I don't really like how the guy's face isn't totally defined.

Episode 2 - Interesting ending..

Although, I mean if you think about it, they'd all just be better off if the 2 high school students hooked up and lived happily ever after and the the teachers did the same..

Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    Sales 3/27 - 4/02

Bad format, so I'll take the important ones. Combining DVD and BD sales when possible.

KonoSuba S2 v1 up to 13.5k

Fuuka v1 - 2k

Gabriel Dropout v1 up to 3.8k

Kuzu no Honkai v1 - 781 (RIP)

Demi-chan v1 - 3k

YOI and LL Sunshine still selling as strong as ever. Whodathunk.
    where dem kemono friends #s at

Berserk Season 2 episode 1 + 2 - 2/10: ... Fucking Berserk. I just can't even. I already drew a line at the shit-tier quality of the first season, but I decided to give the second season a go. The first few minutes before the new OP were pretty decent. The OP was actually pretty good visually, with some really nice hand drawn segments. The first episode was just as bad as any of the first season's episodes, Casca's face is distractingly shit. However, in the second episode... the dog... the fucking Berserk Dog... Yeah, I'm done. The manga's and the original series are all I need.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    where dem kemono friends #s at
    it's so high they can't even write down #s.
    [CENTER]

Kado - so episode 0 seemed like this guy was going to fight government corruption or at least try to help out the working man...right up until the end.
    Episode 1 left us with a huge cliffhanger and i have NO FUCKING CLUE whawt to think.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AceofH View Post
    Kado - so episode 0 seemed like this guy was going to fight government corruption or at least try to help out the working man...right up until the end.
    Episode 1 left us with a huge cliffhanger and i have NO FUCKING CLUE whawt to think.
    SAME.

What the fuck is this show. Arrival + Gatchaman + Gakkou Gurashi plot-twists.

15+ Year Old Account
    Re:Creators - hmm yes I'd also like for a cute anime girl to leave her anime world and start living with me, very great story idea japan

Anime original, Sawano, Aoki Ei, two cour, and a budget that's probably bigger than most of the shows this season combined. Even if the story ends up being shit, it'll surely be fun to watch if only for the pretty colours and random insert songs.

The character designs are pretty neat.

Re:Creators - hmm yes I'd also like for a cute anime girl to leave her anime world and start living with me, very great story idea japan

Anime original, Sawano, Aoki Ei, two cour, and a budget that's probably bigger than most of the shows this season combined. Even if the story ends up being shit, it'll surely be fun to watch if only for the pretty colours and random insert songs.

The character designs are pretty neat.
    yep. definitely enjoying recreators.