15+ Year Old Account
    Tsuki ga Kirei 08 - There was a bit of a dip in animation quality this episode, but this was still a 10/10 episode. A few shows this season have become a bit less entertaining than they were at the start of the season, but this is definitely not one of those. I think it's tied with Bahamut (which is way better than the first season imo) for my favourite show this season.

- - - Updated - - -

Saekano S2 08 - Never have I wanted to marry Kato more than today

tfw she will never say 'goodnight' while sleeping in your bed

10+ Year Old Account
    Randomly posting anything so I can appreciate glorious gif Haruno.

Quote Originally Posted by Artorius View Post
    Randomly posting anything so I can appreciate glorious gif Haruno.
    nothing wrong with that. that show had some great girls. yukino, haruno, sensei.

- - - Updated - - -

so whats the general consensus on the kings avatar? Senpai thinks its shit. i think its okay and definately better then a certain other MMO based anime with an edgy protaginist...

Quote Originally Posted by AceofH View Post
    so whats the general consensus on the kings avatar? Senpai thinks its shit. i think its okay and definately better then a certain other MMO based anime with an edgy protaginist...
    I think it's alright thus far, even if the CG is a bit... interesting.

Deleted
    Hey, guys. I'm trying to find a anime for a friend but to no avail...

It's something about cops from a virtual world and the people from that world can transform into whatever they want, like cats, monsters and toys/dolls. He also said it was pretty psychedelic, whatever that means.

He says it's somewhat recent, from the past 7 years or so.

Little information but if anyone knows anything, shoot me a pm with suggestions. I'll take any!

15+ Year Old Account

my favourite video

Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    Hey, guys. I'm trying to find a anime for a friend but to no avail...

It's something about cops from a virtual world and the people from that world can transform into whatever they want, like cats, monsters and toys/dolls. He also said it was pretty psychedelic, whatever that means.

He says it's somewhat recent, from the past 7 years or so.

Little information but if anyone knows anything, shoot me a pm with suggestions. I'll take any!
    I tried searching for stuff but I can't really find anything.

I thought maybe Log Horizon or something but that doesn't really fit. Then while searching, I found this show which isn't anime, but it fits two of the requirements? It doesn't seem to involve a virtual world or transforming stuff though.

Now maybe your friend has a terrible sense of time and he's actually talking about ReBoot, an old Canadian cartoon which actually fits all of your requirements, sort of. But I doubt that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    I swear there was talk of rebooting ReBoot.
    there was

Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    [video=youtube;-T1xjuGBq80]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-T1xjuGBq80[/ideo]

my favourite video

/r/anime is doing a gochiusa rewatch right now btw

Bahamut VS 9 ;_; Happy birthday Nina! Favaro your afro is cool. Cerberus! Rita is Mary Poppins y'all!
    Last edited by bals; 2017-06-03 at 05:42 AM.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    [IMG]http://68.media.tumblr.com/288fd2c914e8aae4b34f3e7a6e70a99b/tumblr_oqpyfeJI7l1tlyjpto1_540.gif[IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/yIaS9Hbl.png[IMG]

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/j9EC2UF.gif[IMG]

God damn Nakamura is a god.

Boku no hero spoilers.
    https://streamable.com/x1i5u

His work is 100% recognizable every single time, and just as epic and hype inducing every single time.
    I really hope he is still on board for Kekkai Sensen s2

Death Billiards – 8/10

Death Parade is one of the most heartfelt anime I have had the honor of reviewing, although at times against its own wishes. I am completely enamored with its core themes and bittersweet portrayal of life and death, but its insistence on incorporating superfluous characters and details obscures the power of its message. Death Billiards, the OVA that preceded Death Parade, is the distilled essence of that series. It is able to reach the same conclusion in 25 minutes that Death Parade takes 12 episodes to approach. However, paradoxically, I cannot find it in myself to rate it higher.

The problem comes from its very strength: in being succinct it is also less impactful. This can be seen most clearly in the difference in the characters between Death Billiards and Death Parade. In Death Billiards Decim is a compassionate observer, willing to embrace and support a man who realizes that his time is up. He is a fully realized arbiter: having seen so much suffering and pain, while knowing that he never had to experience it himself, all he can do is offer comfort to the fallen.

The woman in black, by comparison, is his bored and jaded cohort. When the old man has his head smashed into the glass, all she does is grimace in disgust and exasperation, as though to say, “What a mess this is for me.” She demonstrates no empathy or surprise. Her relationship with Decim is clearly that of the subordinate; she is familiar with him, and is genial with her interactions, but there is no doubt he is the deeper personality. But, like Decim, she is “complete.”

“I’m going to have to clean this up.”

In Death Parade we are presented with a very different duo. Decim is cold and distant, a personality not much more animated than the marionettes he controls. Because of his aloofness, he is unable to fathom the multifaceted nature of humans. His method of judgement, to place people in extreme duress and analyze their reactions, only serves to bring out the worst in people. It is a cruel approach that ultimately fails. It is up to Chiyuki, a pure lost soul under his temporary care, to help him find the compassion required for a proper understanding of humanity. But she herself is also a work in progress: suffering from amnesia, she lacks a clear sense of herself and is casting about for answers.

Starting out this way, Death Parade in a sense takes a step back before it takes two steps forward. Its characters must originally be incomplete in order to undertake their journey to fullness. In this process we are able to observe firsthand Decim’s growing regard for Chiyuki’s kindness, his appreciation for her as a person, and the ultimate failure of his method of judgement on her. Conversely, Chiyuki comes to remember that she committed the worst of crimes against herself, and that what she has done inflicted untold suffering on those that loved her. Unlike Decim, however, she does not follow the arc that would lead to her Death Billiards self.

Using their mutual journey, and despite being burdened with unnecessary detours, Death Parade is able to reach the same place as Death Billiards but with more import. It is also able to address the conundrums that Death Billiards sidesteps. When Chiyuki asks Decim what happened to the two in Death Billiards, we are denied an answer. If the OVA uses the same signals as the series, then the masks over the elevators indicate that the old man was sent to hell smiling while the boyfriend was reincarnated in total disarray. This would seem strange in light of the events, and has spawned a number of theories. Did the old man’s last whisper offer to exchange himself for the younger one? Were the flashbacks of the old man’s life, which hint that he may have been something of a swaggering bully, indicate that singular instances of adultery and desperate violence are not nearly as reprehensible as a lifetime of arrogance? Or similarly, did he grin because he thought he had out-witted Decim: by playing the kindly old man did he sell himself to be reincarnated? Is this lead-in to Death Parade’s theme about the incoherence of judgement itself? Ultimately there may be no answer. This lack of resolution is artful on the part of Death Billiards; by leaving such loose ends it is able to expand its impact beyond the allotted time and offer good food for thought. It is at the same time unsatisfying, without the strength of message contained in Death Parade.

Come at me, boy.

One final confounding factor I must remark on is the interference of previous knowledge. Going into Death Billiards blind, I suspect it is much more biting, for as a viewer you don’t realize that both men are already dead. The “reveal” is no surprise at all to veterans of Death Parade, and so it loses some of its potency through no fault of its own.

If you liked Death Parade then Death Billiards is worth the watch, and the same is true the other way around. I suspect there will be fans on both sides, since each has its strengths which are not entirely shared by the other; they are sibling works, not direct extensions of each other.

Boku no Hero Academia - The fight was epic in every possible way, the animation, the resolve from both Midoriya and Todoroki. Hype every step of the way. This anime better continue on until the Manga finishes.

Quote Originally Posted by goriq View Post
    There is no end in sight for the manga and it won't be for a long time. The anime would have to have hundreds of episodes to adapt the full story at this rate and anime that long aren't really made anymore. That being said, it'd be cool if they did.
    This season should take it to the end of the 5th Volume if I remember correctly and the Japanese release is up to 13. I do wish the English version would release quicker since that is only on Volume 8. However that Twin Stars Exorcists thing got like 50 episodes so it would be mad if this didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    The beginnings of the Stain arc appear to be in the next episode, based on the preview and Iida mentioning his brother.
    Yeah, and they dragged out the sports festival for almost a cour so Stain is definitely going to be only big arc they will adapt after this unless there's going to be yet another season.
    Scratch my previous statement, I assumed that S2 would only have 2-3 episodes remaining but it has another 13 so we should get the Stain arc and maybe a glimpse at the practical exams which follow it?

15+ Year Old Account
    Re-Creators 09 - Alice is an idiot.

Eromanga-sensei 09 - You know, I was fine with the MC's degeneracy until Elf-sensei started to prove her worth. Now I just think the MC should stop being a total degenerate who loves his little sister and instead marry the perfect 10/10 elf right in front of him.

I expected them to need much longer to start the sports festival but I didn't think that it'd go on for so long.
    They have put a lot of emphasis on stuff like the Cavalry battle lasting roughly 2 episodes and the individual fights have been going on for few. I'm not complaining since the fight scenes have been more than I imagined compared to the manga, however I would have liked them to get to the student doubles vs teachers matches because they would be epic