Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    It takes away jobs! We need MORE jobs! #MAGA

- - - Updated - - -

Well deserved infraction, honestly. So rude. Why do you wanna get rid of jobs?!
    I can tell you're a dub watcher. Cant handle a little joke

So, all this meme’ing about dubs had me reminiscing about them. While there are a lot of bad of
    r mediocre dubs out there, there are also a lot of good dubs out there, like Naruto, one piece,dragon ball z and fairy tail.

Which are the best memories you guys have from dubs? It can be from a dub being atrocious, the VA’s having a weird accent, the dub being great,…

For me it would probably be the ghost stories dubs because they were so funny.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Swisted View Post
    I can tell you're a dub watcher. Cant handle a little joke
    https://youtu.be/PIh2xe4jnpk?t=41s

Fun "easter egg" they put in the super dub was having Brian Drummond voice the vegeta clone. He voiced Vegeta way back

Gundam 00 gets a sequel, ten years later

Tokyosarus' explanation (spoilers!)

Huh, seems like Sunrise is in the mood to produce sequels to shows ten years later. First Code Geass's third season, and now this.

Additionally...

Quote Originally Posted by ANN
    Right Stuf will release the series on Blu-ray Disc and DVD in two parts on July 3 and August 7, respectively. The company will also release the Mobile Suit Gundam 00: A Wakening of the Trailblazer film and the Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Special Edition OVAs each on DVD and Blu-ray Disc on September 4. In addition, the company is releasing a "Mobile Suit Gundam 00 10th Anniversary Ultra Edition Collection" set on Blu-ray Disc with both seasons of the television series, the special edition OVAs, and the film on September 4.
    Just checked their website; the season one blu-ray collection will cost $45. Same for season 2. Not sure how much the movie will cost.

I'm very interested in this, since this would be the first Gundam series where we really get to interact with (00 movie) aliens in a Gundam series, seeing our protagonists work with them side by side. This would also be the first Gundam series to go (00 movie) interstellar, which also gets me really excited. Never before has there been this much potential in a Gundam series since Sunrise decided to take a risk and open up Gundam to other planets, like Mars in IBO.

- - - Updated - - -

And now, for my review:

Gundam 00 second season - 5/10 (average): Well, my previous impressions remained true to the end. Outside of the first half dozen episodes (which were AWESOME), it was pretty slow and "okay-ish" as the antagonists remained forgettable and half the cast continued to bog down the pacing. A large portion of the side characters continued to be flanderized versions of their nuanced season 1 selves. Marina didn't annoy me the way she annoyed most reviewers I've seen, but she was indeed a pretty pointless character in the end, having accomplished little of importance to the narrative and learning little. I liked the kids though! Again, the lack of civilian characters and JNN this season made it difficult to grasp the consequences of what was happening. Not much else to say here. There wasn't much closure either, but...

Gundam 00 movie A Wakening of the Trailblazer - 7/10 (good): Wow, that was good. It takes advantages of your expectations for what Gundam should be, and chucks it out the window, carving its own path. From the moment the ghost aliens showed up, I was hooked. It didn't get bogged down in repetitive, introspective scenes, instead weaving character introspection through the fast paced narrative. It also fixed all of my problems with season 2's characterization, and the side characters I mentioned in my previous season 2 thoughts are now likable again! The animation is also great, probably one of the best OVAs/movies Sunrise put out until Thunderbolt's unmatched animation. That said, I did like the character driven first half more than the second, as the final battle did devolve into a little bit too much of "watch the heroes fight faceless mooks for twenty minutes" for my tastes, but it was still nonetheless good.

The movie has one of my all time favorite Gundam soundtracks! Listen to it with headphones!

Last edited by Val the Moofia Boss; 2018-04-15 at 11:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    stuff
    The only good thing about this is that if this shit can get a sequel 10 years later, other, better things can too.

samurai 7 ending god damn it they had to go and kill nunky

10+ Year Old Account
    Isekai Cheat Magician Light Novels Get Anime

The story centers on Taichi Nishimura and his friend Rin, who both get transported into a fantasy world. While in their previous world, Taichi is a normal person who just has higher than average reflexes, both he and Rin gain high levels of physical and magical ability, and begin their new life as magicians.
    https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...-anime/.130411

More isekai shit just what we needed

Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    U6 easily has the best charcters introduce in SUper, aside from Beerus and BLack
    jajaja

Quote Originally Posted by Sj View Post
    The only good thing about this is that if this shit can get a sequel 10 years later, other, better things can too.
    Such as... ?

Such as... ?
    K-on season 3

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Such as... ?
    Google "anime -gundam"

Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    K-on season 3
    KyoAni doesn't seem to be in the business of making sequels or third seasons, though.

15+ Year Old Account
    i hope mc gets cucked by some fantasy world chad

10+ Year Old Account
    Free is getting a s3 though.
    Anilist
    #PraiseforKyoAni

Free is actually decent though.

Children of the Whales ep 3 rip cute childhood friend. was awfully nice of the attackers to stop their massacring to let the characters talk or just ignore the mc-kun.

Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    i hope mc gets cucked by some fantasy world chad
    Wow. Rude.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sj View Post
    Free is actually decent though.
    Agree with that.
    Anilist
    #PraiseforKyoAni

Quote Originally Posted by Millhi View Post
    Agree with that.
    didn't know there were so many fujoshis in this thread