10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    The things you call bad and then you watch this complete garbage.... the mind boggles.
    It seems more realistic than other garbage
    Also there is now un-cenzored version out.

I have finished episode 18 of Clannad After Story.

I thought the first season was overall fine. 6/10. Wonky character logic during the serious arcs, and most of the cast was 2 dimensional, but the episodes were enjoyable, the comedy was funny, and the show didn't delve into obnoxious melodrama. But I really liked having a wholesome relationship that actually ended in them getting together, and seeing their married life.

The start of the second story was more of the same. But then the show started focusing on their married life and I got really into the show.

Everyone seems to cry at episode 15, but personally I was "eh".

The real amazing part is the reconciliation across episodes 16-18. Holy shit, started crying half way through episode 18. Legit 10/10 amazing must watch.

I am debating whether or not to finish the series. (ending spoilers) I like bittersweet stories, like Trails of Cold Steel II and Lord of the Rings, where the heroes lost a great deal along the way, and life didn't really turn out ideally, but ultimately there was a happy ending. That's Clannad After Story episode 18 for me. I feel like if I drop here, I know things are going to turn out okay. But the ending to this series is infamous. I don't want to watch his daughter die and Nagisa commit suicide. That's not a fun story. That's fucking bleak. Fuck off with that shit. I like my stories about a lost man being redeemed and eventually finding joy and forgiveness, not fucking dying in despair!

- - - Updated - - -

Also the Tomoyo OVA was really really good. 8/10

- - - Updated - - -

I heard that there is an alternate ending OVA. Where is the timeline split for that? Can I just jump from episode 18 to that one? I really don't want to have to watch the default ending of this show.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, when does the kid get the illness? Is it safe to watch episode 19?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Also, when does the kid get the illness? Is it safe to watch episode 19?
    Episode 20 You should still watch the whole series anyways. It doesn't quite end the way you think it does.

And congrats! You got though an entire post without using "Oscar Bait!" You did still use melodrama and mention Trials of Cold Steel but... Baby steps.

Well, I finished Clannad After Story.

Not a fan of the ending. I was sorta interested in the idea that he died and went back in time to the moment he met her, and then decided to get with her but try for a different outcome. But according to a comment posted on the episode, apparently he got a wish and it changed the timeline. If that's the case then it wasn't really communicated well at all. I was also disappointed in that the new timeline felt pointless because we didn't get to see them together as a family or any screentime of their happy life. Not even the OVA did it because it was a recap episode.

What I wanted was closure, get to see that everything was going to be alright for Tomoya, regardless of whether or not Nagisa and/or Ushio died. I feel like stopping at episode 18 or 19 leaves you with that closure, but if you watch any further there is tension that was never resolved. There is ostensibly a happy ending, but again you don't get to see it.

Ushio being the god of another world was bizzare, really doesn't feel congruent with the rest of the story.

Episodes 16-18 are going to remain as one of my most favorite anime stories, 10/10 arc, but I can't rate the overall show higher than a 7/10. Overall good.

Spider isekai episode 3

Once again, the storh about the MC sucks. More interested in Fei and the prince. The spider might become more interesting if she reaches the surface and teams up fire guy, so we have two duos: Fei and the prince, and fire guy and the spider.

Otherwise the show has been pretty forgettable.

Also not a fan of how seemingly callous and psychopathic the narrative is. Like the instructor died and no one gave a damn.

- - - Updated - - -

On further reflection I am thinking of giving AS a 9/10. That was legit great... up to episode 18. I'm struggling because I don't want to rate a show based off of cherry picking and ignore my other problems with it.

- - - Updated - - -

I also feel weird. I liked the show but I don't want to rewatch it and I doubt I ever will. Haven't really felt that way about an anime since Death Note and Gundam IBO and Gundam Wsr in the Pocket.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    But according to a comment posted on the episode, apparently he got a wish and it changed the timeline. If that's the case then it wasn't really communicated well at all.
    It was properly explained in VN, Tomoya got light orbs after finishing every route (except Fuuko route, where he actually spends one of the lights and gets it back once she awakes in After Story) and helping someone else. Light orb was the thing that allowed cat to meet Misae in her past and why Katsuki went back to being cat after making her wish come true. Spending all light orbs to alter Ushio's birth is the real reason behind happy ending.

Don't forget to watch Tomoyo and Kyou's episodes, their routes were impossible to fit into main series because they revolve around their relationship with Tomoya.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    It was properly explained in VN, Tomoya got light orbs after finishing every route (except Fuuko route, where he actually spends one of the lights and gets it back once she awakes in After Story) and helping someone else. Light orb was the thing that allowed cat to meet Misae in her past and why Katsuki went back to being cat after making her wish come true. Spending all light orbs to alter Ushio's birth is the real reason behind happy ending.

Don't forget to watch Tomoyo and Kyou's episodes, their routes were impossible to fit into main series because they revolve around their relationship with Tomoya.
    Lol that is terrible. He literally gets a magic currency for dating all his different high school friends in different realities that solves all his problems in another one No wonder the only VNs I play are eroge. If there's no hard-core sex the devs don't even try.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone know where I can stream Bakemonogatari? The Aniplex website says it's available on Hulu and Prime Video, but I can't get it on either. I've tried a few different countries on my VPN but alas, nothing. I'm mostly just curious to see if Renai Circulation hits different with context.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    Anyone know where I can stream Bakemonogatari? The Aniplex website says it's available on Hulu and Prime Video, but I can't get it on either. I've tried a few different countries on my VPN but alas, nothing. I'm mostly just curious to see if Renai Circulation hits different with context.
    It's on Crunchyroll. At least for me in the US.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    It's on Crunchyroll. At least for me in the US.
    Yeah, out of the ones they listed that's the only one I'm not subscribed too lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    Yeah, out of the ones they listed that's the only one I'm not subscribed too lol
    Pretty sure you can watch it for free just with ads.

Or, ahem, "get around" those...
    Last edited by Skizzit; 2021-01-26 at 11:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    Pretty sure you can watch it for free just with ads.

Or, ahem, "get around" those...
    Oh, I forgot that it was an old series. Crunchyroll only locks the simulcasts. Nice!

Smol Emilia is kawaii AF.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    Is it just me or elfs all look the same :P

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Is it just me or elfs all look the same :P
    Its just you and your bad taste showing.

10+ Year Old Account
    The fact that she actually lets out air when her cheeks are pressed is so adorable. Can't wait to see all the horrible things implied to happen to her next episode.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice dragon quest reference in Dr.Stone.

Finished the LN/WN for Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu and I loved it so much.

Roxy is best girl.

opm manga ch139 dang blast is cool

Finished the LN/WN for Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu and I loved it so much.

Roxy is best girl.
    so is this the decent trashy show of the season?

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    so is this the decent trashy show of the season?
    Considering that its the grandfather of Isekai and the animation quality is amazing. I will say it could be on par with RE:Zero if people dont get put off from the ecchj-er moments.

Considering that its the grandfather of Isekai and the animation quality is amazing. I will say it could be on par with RE:Zero if people dont get put off from the ecchj-er moments.