Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Abajaba View Post
    Nope! Fully support other cases where I agreed with the justification for murdering the human inside people. I disagree with murdering humans for the sake of eugenics. I am anti-eugenics. There, a box to put me in. Hope you have a bow.
    I sincerely doubt that people who choose to abort because of possible Downs or other disorders are actively aiming to improve the genetic quality of the human race.

They do it because they aren't prepared to handle a kid of that much need: exactly the same as getting an abortion for financial reasons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Nope! Fully support other cases where I agreed with the justification for killing the human inside people. I disagree with killing humans for the sake of eugenics. I am anti-eugenics. There, a box to put me in. Hope you have a bow.
    So you are saying as soon as the 2 cells combine its wrong to cancel it?? You should be protesting at every pharmacy so they cant sell birth control pills

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Actually, yes. Personhood was never brought as an argument against abortion until the 20th century, when feminism popped up. Since there was a lot of pressure for the legalisation of abortions, they cooked up a reason most people would resonate with.
    There were not pervasive philosophical arguments defending abortion because it wasn't even illegal in most places until the late 19th century. Before then we understood as a society that a tiny clump of cells in a woman's womb was in no way a person.

Zero is lower than one.
    "Hey, how did your project turn out?"

"We didn't do a project."

"Wow, such poor quality on that project."
    Games I'm playing right now (not necessarily literally):
    D3, CS:GO, TF2, Hearthstone
    Hit me up if you wanna play sometime.

10+ Year Old Account
    And you're saying '' being dead isn't worse than living a shitty life '' when in truth you have no idea what being dead is like.
    Death is a state of non being therefore it is like nothing.

And that's not something bad. But abortion shouldn't be seen as removing a clump of cells, because it's not.
    Biologically it is.

But making abortion look like you're just shaving off a few inches of tissue, like you're getting a haircut rather than ending human life is abominable.
    So some false moral outrage for the sake of belligerence. That's mature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Biologically it is.
    Biologically you're ending human life, that's separate from yours. So no.

So some false moral outrage for the sake of belligerence.
    Yeah, fuck morals.

Whores, drugs and abortions for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by padie View Post
    So you are saying as soon as the 2 cells combine its wrong to cancel it??
    I'm saying as soon as the zygote is formed from the merging of gametes, all cases we weigh in favor of killing it are things we should weigh with the understanding that it is a human being. No matter how uncomfortable that makes us. Killing is justifiable. There are many, long established laws and behaviors where it is condoned. I am not against them. I am against pressing the line where we deem humans "fit for life" by using a comfort blanket like personhood to avoid thinking about what we're really doing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    What changed is that we stopped viewing women as chattel and babymaking machines.
    We (not I or those who don't support the current genocide of the unborn that is) still view them as chattel for the first nine months of their lives. Kill them if you please. Let them live if you please. That is simply evil. Those who hold it to be acceptable to exterminate their own progeny are the same as the slavers of ages past. People who are different enough are just things to them.

I'm saying as soon as the zygote is formed from the merging of gametes, all cases we weigh in favor of killing it are things we should weigh with the understanding that it is a human being. No matter how uncomfortable that makes us. Killing is justifiable. There are many, long established laws and behaviors where it is condoned. I am not against them. I am against pressing the line where we deem humans "fit for life" by using a comfort blanket like personhood to avoid thinking about what we're really doing.
    America was a nation of eugenics long before the Nazis. The Nazis showed the whole world the evil of that concept. We forget quickly and return to our delusion of mass godhood quite quickly when we can be "clean" about our exterminations don’t we?
    Last edited by DEATHETERNAL; 2015-06-06 at 10:40 PM.
    And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
    Revelation 6:8

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    I sincerely doubt that people who choose to abort because of possible Downs or other disorders are actively aiming to improve the genetic quality of the human race.

They do it because they aren't prepared to handle a kid of that much need: exactly the same as getting an abortion for financial reasons.
    Even if they are, there's still no problem. Eugenics isn't categorically unethical. In fact I think practicing certain types of eugenics can be good for the human race. Unfortunately people often think eugenics means "murdering all those who are inferior genetic scum."

Deleted
    ill rather be ded than have Downs Syndrome

So you are saying as soon as the 2 cells combine its wrong to cancel it?? You should be protesting at every pharmacy so they cant sell birth control pills
    And here was I advocating the needlessness of sex education. The pill stops conception. The cells never combine to form a new life form.

Death is a state of non being therefore it is like nothing.
    I'm glad you went to the other side and back so we can get dem cold hard facts from you, zen master.

Whores, drugs and abortions for everyone.
    Tell me what is categorically wrong with any of those things?

Abortion all the way. I know I wouldn't be up for the constant care for the rest of my life.

So you are against birth-control? Back to the middle ages, ethics were allot better!

Quote Originally Posted by Fexus View Post
    Tell me what is categorically wrong with any of those things?
    If you don't see anything wrong with them nothing I say to you will change your views, so that's pointless.

If you don't see anything wrong with them nothing I say to you will change your views, so that's pointless.
    Well let's start with drugs. Are you against medicine?

Well let's start with drugs. Are you against medicine?

Are we going to compare meth and paracetamol?

Are we going to compare meth and paracetamol?
    Well you're the one calling me ridiculous for not categorically denouncing drug use.

Well you're the one calling me ridiculous for not categorically denouncing drug use.
    Or whores, dont forget them. (I for one don't judge people on their profession)

I did not, but I will call you ridiculous if you're comparing Paracetamol to Crack, LSD and Meth.

Quote Originally Posted by padie View Post
    Or whores, dont forget them. (I for one don't judge people on their profession)
    The only thing wrong with whores are the ones who are victims of human trafficking. If a person wants to sell his/her body voluntarily for cash then why shouldn't they be allowed?