Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Canibehealz View Post
    Holy Paladins dont have a really good throughput cooldown? I lol'd.
    They're good, but they're not on the raid-saving level of Tranquility/Tide (and to a lesser extent Revival). Avenging Wrath is awesome, but you'd have to be doing >80k HPS without it in order for it to rival the big cooldowns. And you don't in current gear. And with future gear that number will go up.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

Putting the 25% buff on chain heal without riptide has been HUGE. I am really enjoying healing this raid. 8/13 normal after one night, will go into heroic Sunday/Monday

there are many good phases for sirit link, like hands on Kormrok. Just drop it right before the hands spawn and see you getting the raid topped by 1 button. i switched from pally to shaman and i am very happy. but why is there no use for the cloudburst totem? hide tide too strong?
    13/13

Monk

Really enjoyed playing as RShaman in Heroic this evening. Some fights are going to be SIIIIIIIIIIIIICK on Mythic. Think we will be in a good place.
    Signature size violated forum rules.

Anyone else super mana thirsty? I used to run one throughput and everburning candle for 7/10 M but last night we did 4 H bosses and I was really hurting on mana the whole time. I switched over to Darmac (haste one) and the spirit off BH but was still mana hungry. Currently running 1700 spirit. Really don't want to sacrifice more throughput for more spirit though. Really looking forward to the Demonic Phylactery.

Deleted
    I gotta agree, the new old chain heal is awesome. Riptide one, CH another. The numbers will get better with T18, but the playstyle is already so much better than before.
    I tried using AS over Echo "because riptide spreading as not quite as critical as before". God, rshaman is horrible without Echo.

Quote Originally Posted by siccora View Post
    hide tide too strong?
    yes

Quote Originally Posted by siccora View Post
    but why is there no use for the cloudburst totem? hide tide too strong?
    High Tide was vastly superior in most of tier 17 too, and even when CBT was decent, HT was still very much viable. Just consider that talent tier a design failure for raiding, spec High Tide, and never look back.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alltat View Post
    High Tide was vastly superior in most of tier 17 too, and even when CBT was decent, HT was still very much viable. Just consider that talent tier a design failure for raiding, spec High Tide, and never look back.
    The playstyle is really annoying with 3 water totems. There is so much negative synergy (does that make sense?), even if you talent into persistence. And it adds more short CDs to monitor. There's just so many things wrong with CBT, especially on a class like resto shaman.

Shroom Bloom - which is thematically similar - made sense for druids because it was charged by overheal, not effective healing. It was filling a nice that druids sucked at. Both the GCD load as well as the attention it needed were manageable. There was zero room for error. CBT is the corrupt-a-dream version of shroom bloom.

Any thoughts on Glyph of Chaining for Heroic Iron Reaver?

Maybe it's just my guild, but people were *really* spread out throughout this fight and even with a few Riptides here and there you often don't get many jumps. Our ele shaman suggested I use the Glyph and.. it actually worked pretty well. Despite not being used to the playstyle and on ocassion just standing there trying to cast CH while it was on cooldown, I did better on the meters. It also uses very little mana so I felt more comfortable sniping people with low health with Healing Surge. Only real downside I could find is that it makes Ascendance a lot worse. Maybe as strats evolve and people get used to the fight it'll be less of an issue, but for now it seems like a really good option.

Other than that, I've been enjoying the absence of "oh, i precast Riptide on X but now X hasn't lost any HP, what do I do now?" moments. I gotta get better at still casting Riptide for additional HT jumps, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Nmzs View Post
    Any thoughts on Glyph of Chaining for Heroic Iron Reaver?

Maybe it's just my guild, but people were *really* spread out throughout this fight and even with a few Riptides here and there you often don't get many jumps. Our ele shaman suggested I use the Glyph and.. it actually worked pretty well. Despite not being used to the playstyle and on ocassion just standing there trying to cast CH while it was on cooldown, I did better on the meters. It also uses very little mana so I felt more comfortable sniping people with low health with Healing Surge. Only real downside I could find is that it makes Ascendance a lot worse. Maybe as strats evolve and people get used to the fight it'll be less of an issue, but for now it seems like a really good option.

Other than that, I've been enjoying the absence of "oh, i precast Riptide on X but now X hasn't lost any HP, what do I do now?" moments. I gotta get better at still casting Riptide for additional HT jumps, though.
    Would probably depend upon your raid size too. Usually Glyph of Chaining favors smaller raid sizes where you may not be Chain Healing a lot or on spread out people but we did it with a group of like 27 people so we split the raid and moved as groups and there were never too few people to Chain Heal. That fight overall isn't overly friendly for Resto except for the moments where Pounding happens right after that aoe splash crap.

My breakdown was a little heavier Surge/RT/HST than usual because of the spread nature of the raid. I'll have to try Chaining next time, good suggestion!
    Resto/Ele Shaman Main - Raider for Temerity of Windrunner[A] 13/13M
    Twitter- Twitch - Disc/Holy Priest Alt - MM/BM Hunter Alt
    Always reachable via Twitter for questions, so feel free to bug me.

Deleted
    I don't know if you are supposed to finish off all the hands before they drag you into the water - our comp was on the weird end of the spectrum - but if a few hands make it into the water Spirit Link is godlike. I really like our toolkit on Kormrog!

I tried Chaining on Iron Reaver. Normal CH has range issues, and I'm sad what Chaining does to Ascendance. I guess in the next two or three weeks it will become much easier for us to have our targets grouped for unglyphed CH. It's a bit chaotic now.

new chain heal feels much less clunky; I can use it and riptide on the most appropriate targets without having to think about who's gonna need a hot soon vs. where I need them for HT bounces. I guess some people liked thinking about that, but I like this model better.

I still prioritize haste over mastery; more or less I go with haste>mastery>crit/multi. I don't think it's a great idea to abandon mastery in favor of crit/multi because of how much potential mastery has in low-health situations, but haste is so nice for us that if I have the choice I'd rather have it.

Deleted
    Tried glyph of chaining tonight for reaver, felt like it was wasted tbh.

Found spamming CH during Pounding and Riptide/Surges otherwise more useful. However saying that reaver for shamans just feels crap. Alot of movement and people way too spread out (That could be down to not learning it yet.

If that gets 4 healed on mythic i can easily see me sitting for our resto druid and MW monk.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadohw View Post
    Tried glyph of chaining tonight for reaver, felt like it was wasted tbh.

Found spamming CH during Pounding and Riptide/Surges otherwise more useful. However saying that reaver for shamans just feels crap. Alot of movement and people way too spread out (That could be down to not learning it yet.

If that gets 4 healed on mythic i can easily see me sitting for our resto druid and MW monk.
    I had some issues with CH on our initial pulls.

We found that we were to spread out which was limiting the effectiveness of our shamans and our priest.
    We changed out strat to set up somewhat of a cone behind the boss. This restrained the positioning of the ranged DPS. Within the cone, we were split into 3 groups - left, middle, and right. The groups were designed to keep ranged within the general vicinity of a healer (or two) while staying spread by 8 yards.

With this setup, there were 3 general areas which barrage would target. This made it a bit easier to avoid.
    Additionally, chain heal could bounce more effectively. I was positioned in the middle which allowed me to target members from the two side groups as well as my own.

Quote Originally Posted by Canibehealz View Post
    Would probably depend upon your raid size too.
    True, we were just 14 or 15 people (we don't usually raid on wednesdays). And we had a very unbalanced composition, too, including a resto druid with just 668 ilvl. Definitely not the most resto-friendly encounter, but I'm sure with a bigger raid and people being more coordinated after getting used to the fight it won't be quite as bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Gardiff View Post
    The trinket has undergone many iterations but often the changes have not been posted or made clear.

Since the patch is tomorrow this is what I have found out from the PTR which I assume is what we will hit live with.

The archimonde trinket does not allow 4 piece riptides to be spread. For casted riptides, all of our stated heals can spread them (so hw/hs/chain heal).

For riptides spawned from 4 piece, the archimonde trinket DOES allow the initial hit to spread (at the 55% proc rate or whatever it is) and it CAN spread to multiple people within one bounce (i.e. 3 riptides from one chain heal). However, the person that the riptide may be spread to DOES NOT have to be the primary target of the chain heal. Even just now I was spreading riptides to people not in group 15 yards away not getting hit by my chain heals. Often this situation where I was spreading riptides to far away targets only occurred whenever a riptide had already spawned on the person the chain heal bounce was hitting. Example below.

So lets say we have 3 people: A, B, C.

I am chain healing between A and B. We both get a fresh 18 second riptide from chain heal 1.

I continue to spam chain heal on target A. Target A suddenly gets a 4 pc proc and the chain heal that is hitting him is still bouncing to target B. Target B, however, DID NOT ever get a NEW pc proc on them. Instead, if I did spawn a new 4 piece proc on target A, it would either do nothing (since its a 55% chance) or it would bounce a fresh riptide to a random target C (without chain heal actually hitting target C).

HOWEVER, once a riptide is spawned from the 4 piece, HS/HW/CH will never be able to spread that specificly spawned riptide. There was a point in time in the PTR where this was true but it is no longer the case. Thus, 4 piece riptides cannot be copied over ONCE already spawned, but with the trinket, can be spread by the initial 4 pc spawn. That was the true major strength of the trinket anyway. It remains to be seen if it will be used, however. Demonic Phylactery (has not been nerfed) and Intuition's Gift (nerfed) are still incredibly strong int + throughput or mana trinkets. The first boss trinket is just a static stat trinket that just doesn't feel very good when you have trinkets that let you control the proc like intuition's gift. The leech trinket got nerfed to about half of what it was.

So this trinket may still have a use and probably will be toyed around more with but there are already active trinkets available in the tier.
    Thanks for the post. Still trying to completely wrap my head around it. I'm very interested to see what people think of this trinket once more people have been able to use it in a raid setting.

I'm enjoying the raid so far, shaping up to be pretty fun!

Initially I'm having a difficult time targeting people without riptide on them as chain heal targets. It's like engrained into me :P
    Last edited by Kelsierx; 2015-06-26 at 04:35 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelsierx View Post
    Initially I'm having a difficult time targeting people without riptide on them as chain heal targets. It's like engrained into me :P
    The mindfuck is real xD

Yeah, I like what I've seen so far. Raid looks fun once you leave the first encounters behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Erzengel View Post
    Yeah, I like what I've seen so far. Raid looks fun once you leave the first encounters behind.
    Agreed. I found the first five kind of underwhelming, but after that there are some cool bosses. Gorefiend in particular is a perfect shaman fight, both for the "heal this mob up from low health" (hello, mastery) mechanic and the "stack for a minute and spam heal" phase. Iskar was also nice, as it's not every day that we get to boast the fact that we're the only healers with a ranged interrupt.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alltat View Post
    Agreed. I found the first five kind of underwhelming, but after that there are some cool bosses. Gorefiend in particular is a perfect shaman fight, both for the "heal this mob up from low health" (hello, mastery) mechanic and the "stack for a minute and spam heal" phase. Iskar was also nice, as it's not every day that we get to boast the fact that we're the only healers with a ranged interrupt.
    Yeah gorefiend was awesome. Earth shield + Surge did alot.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelsierx View Post
    CLASS TRINKET:

Core of the Primal Elements - Equip: Casting Healing Surge, Chain Heal, or Healing Wave on a target with your Riptide on it has a 54.90% chance to spread that Riptide to another nearby ally.

2. Will the class trinket be viable compared to other trinkets?
    It looks like it's going to be pretty terrible tbh, It copies at the current timer, Normal trinket with 22% chance for example, assuming 22% = 4 casts per proc, means an average of a 4second riptide on a proc, by my calculations. This and other class/spec's trinkets are awful, I really like the idea of Niche trinket effects, it's allot more interesting, but this one is too weak. I would consider using it if it applied a full 18 second riptide, but even that is a debatable upgrade over other trinkets.

One thing i'm wondering, if it procs on a CH, does it apply to 3(+2) targets or just one?, does each CH count as 3(+2)*22%? If so, then either
    a) you apply a riptide to 3(+2) targets.
    b) guaranteed proc every CH

If either/both the above are true then the trinket could be "ok" or even great. The proc effects description isn't very clear, I'm waiting to see some logs e.t.c before I even consider trying it.
    Last edited by thunterman; 2015-06-27 at 04:04 PM.