10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third

Toukiden Kiwami Is Coming To PC This Month

Personally hyped because it seems like Monster Hunter

Toukiden Kiwami is coming to PC via Steam worldwide, Koei Tecmo announced this morning. The game will be available on June 26th, and you can watch an announcement trailer for the PC version below.

The PC version of Toukiden Kiwami will include an online multiplayer mode, and pre-purchasing the game on Steam will allow one to avail a 10% discount.

“Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

10+ Year Old Account
    HYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYPEEEEE

And coming so soon, too? Am I dreaming?

Man, I have this sitting at home for PS4. Played it a smidge and it seemed pretty fun. Thanks for reminding me that I should play more, OP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Inner look at the game on ps4 from Giantbomb, goes into weapons/armor and all that

http://www.giantbomb.com/videos/quic...mi/2300-10078/
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

I have been considering getting it for ps4 looks fun. Cool that its coming to PC tho not many games like it on PC.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Character creation video

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    I'm also interested in this but it's Koei Tecmo so the PC port is most likely going to be really fucking bad.
    They have a bad rep?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellravager View Post
    They have a bad rep?
    Not sure about Koei Tecmo specifically, but Japanese developers have a bad rep for PC ports. Because they generally don't give a shit about PC.

Didn't know this game was on PS4 in America though... might have to pick it up as long as it can compare to Monster Hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Not sure about Koei Tecmo specifically, but Japanese developers have a bad rep for PC ports. Because they generally don't give a shit about PC.

Didn't know this game was on PS4 in America though... might have to pick it up as long as it can compare to Monster Hunter.
    The game is far more faster paced the MH. It's pretty much like Phantasy Star in speed with hunting monsters and what not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Saw that it had a demo on PS4 so I decided to check it out. I basically feel about this game like I do about Lords of the Fallen. Decent game that is taking a game style that is very niche but very loved by its fans. If you like Monster Hunter, you'll like this, but you shouldn't expect the quality to be at the level of Monster Hunter. Much like Lords of the Fallen was with Dark Souls.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post

This is 50/50. The majority of Capcom and Sega PC ports are really good. There are other odd ones like XSeed and Idea Factory. Either way this is really good news and it'll probably sell really well on PC considering there's nothing really like it on the platform. With Tales of Zestiria being also confirmed for Steam now I'm curious if Atlus will start porting the Persona games to Steam as those would do really well there.

10+ Year Old Account
    The more we move away from a console only market the better i say. Especially regards to Japanese titles.

10+ Year Old Account
    Found this video

Another review
    Last edited by Hellravager; 2015-06-14 at 12:41 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    The more we move away from a console only market the better i say. Especially regards to Japanese titles.
    uhm....what planet do you live on that doesn't have a pc market?
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    uhm....what planet do you live on that doesn't have a pc market?
    Japan isn't known for porting their games to PC only the localization companies do this. Japan as a whole has always been a console and mobile gaming nation.

10+ Year Old Account
    So opinions? Is it a good port? Is it worth my money?

- - - Updated - - -

Ha just noticed the new thread with TBs opinion on how shitty it is. That timing though

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    So opinions? Is it a good port? Is it worth my money?

- - - Updated - - -

Ha just noticed the new thread with TBs opinion on how shitty it is. That timing though
    Yep if TB says its bad gonna trust him on it XD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellravager View Post
    Yep if TB says its bad gonna trust him on it XD
    I'm still dying to try it...I'll wait for a sale. Maybe by then they'll have patched some things out. Who knows

Deleted
    I heard it's a bad port so far. Shame wanted to play a game similar to Monster Hunter. Maybe we can see some improvement in the future.

I played it briefly and the combat felt outdated, to say the least. Probably would've been good for a game coming out maybe 10 years ago, but not in today's market. I also had to disable "show cinematics" for the game to even run, or else it just crashed before getting to the main title screen. I received a refund for it, and to be honest I would've been really pissed if I was stuck with this title.